shouldnt we traders be worried about algorithmic trading taking over?

So long as it's a free market, no one or no one's formula will dominate the whole market. So, look for the best market to trade. With globalisation and internet, there will be more retail traders in future. There are traders on all living continents now, it wasn't the case a few decades ago. Even the red dragon chinese and russian people are trading US markets!!!! Can you imagine that before 1991? Don't waste your efforts. Good luck mate!

So long as it's a free market, no one or no one's formula will dominate the whole market. So, look for the best market to trade. With globalisation and internet, there will be more retail traders in future. There are traders on all living continents now, it wasn't the case a few decades ago. Even the red dragon chinese and russian people are trading US markets!!!! Can you imagine that before 1991? Don't waste your efforts. Good luck mate!

you clearly haven't been keeping up to date on Goldman lol, they run 60% of the 40% nyse automated volume, and nearly 50% of the enitre volume on nyse all together

you clearly haven't been keeping up to date on Goldman lol, they run 60% of the 40% nyse automated volume, and nearly 50% of the enitre volume on nyse all together

Thats why i think $Tick is very important to a day-trader, it tells you when Goldman enters programs into the market pretty much.

can't trade? yeh, that's why i quadrupled my £500 account in 4 months- i can trade, and very well. All im saying is what does the future hold
£500 gains per month doesn't make you someone who trades 'very well' i'm afraid.... Given that trading is measured by your profits, not how well you can analysis a chart, which is only a means to those profits.
Thats like £25 a day, which you could gain from working in a supermarket for 4 hours, not super trader material.

Last edited:
considering i'm 15, and considering account size, its a good return- thats a 300% return in 4 months- hmm, terrible

I know. That's what they clear, not that they have control of the trading decisions. Lehman used to be one of the largest for fixed income. PIMCO is the largest in terms of holdings etc. All I am saying is to choose the suitable market to trade, analyse greed and fear, and trade in a simple way.

considering i'm 15, and considering account size, its a good return- thats a 300% return in 4 months- hmm, terrible
Percent return isn't really an important factor because of the way you can only size-up for so long... Profit return is more important, and does your broker know your illegally trading ;) ?
Are you just a spreadbetter? Or DMA?

well hedge funds work by % return. about your question, heh :) dammit everywhere on the web talks about black boxed bringing the 'death of the trader' e.g.- Black box traders are on the march - Telegraph

Hedge funds work by percentage... But a 1% return for them is alot harder than 300% on £500...
If you can make a 300% on £500,000, then i'll be impressed...

Getting percentage returns on low account sizes is easy compared to big accounts which is why its a pointless measure of trading ability.

Who are you trading with just out of interest? Which broker?

Seriously which broker or spreadbetter are you using to execute your trades? Out of interest? Or do you not know of any yet :D :D haha

hey! sogo trade actually lawl, look in the UK markets voard im wondering if there are any discount UK brokers