Shanghai Wang Venture Inc.

OK, give us some details. Who are these people, (if they exist). Give us names, history, addresses, locations, past business. If they are so good, they would have nothing to hide with good reputation and welcome free advertising. You say you know them personally.

Norman Logan Quote Posted May 14, 2009---------------------------------------------------------------------
"I have since had personal dealings with both the CEOs of Shanghai Wang who are very straightforward, honest and astute business men."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Am I a moron too? Why? Did I ruin your party here before most of the money was ALMOST in YOUR bank.
The fact that you, and the other three, keep posting means that you still have some people on the hook close to loosing their money.

And you are saying they are not in China. They are not in Antigua either. You want us to hop on a plane and make a trip to Antigua on a wild goose chase only to find a bank account with $1.49 in it being operated by some idiot who has no idea what is going on but is only there to launder money.

Shanghai Wang Venture

I am sincerely sorry to hear about your Father, and I wish him well. No, I am not a made up name and I have just - very very painfully - realised that I have also lost my life savings. The feeling is one of utter devestation. If I can assist in any way with information that might help please do not hesitate to let me know. I assure you that I am a very genuine 82 year old living in a village near to Salisbury, Wiltshire and up till now I had absolutely no idea I was being scammed.. I have letters from the Bank of China, J.P.Morgan in Mexico City all confirming my cash holdings, but I think the scam has been the sting in the tail with the Escrow Agent (CMG Holdings Inc of Antigua) Some of these names may ring a bell with you. Again, my aplogies for sounding so upbeat previously - I guess I am too trusting. My motto has always been 'do unto others as you would, in simliar circumstances, trust they do unto you'

Hi Norman. The same scenario is happening with my father.I recognise the same documents mentioned. How did you find out this was definitly a scam ? This has been going on for over a year now.

Thanks.

Now they have opened up a new profile to distract the question. Who are these people that Norman and Rob know?

Norman Logan Quote Posted May 14, 2009-----------------------------------------------------------
"I have since had personal dealings with both the CEOs of Shanghai Wang who are very straightforward, honest and astute business men."

Give us names, history, addresses, locations, past business?

Hi Norman. The same scenario is happening with my father.I recognise the same documents mentioned. How did you find out this was definitly a scam ? This has been going on for over a year now.

Thanks.

It's common sense to KNOW it's a scam.

Cold called
Company which doesn't exist (only a made up name)
asking for money to make big money which never happens
Asking for money to make back all the losses on the trade that was supposed to make big money
Paying money to accounts overseas that aren't called shanghai etc

The list is endless if you use common sense

Shanghai scam caught me too

I thought I had researched Shanghai Capital reasonably well but they were very, very convincing and even gave me the contact details to enable me to speak to the alleged escrow agent at a New York Bank. I have foolishly invested a lot of money with them on the promise of achieving profit from sale of Totaltrak Global stock.
Has anyone had any success in recovering monies paid over to Shanghai Capital? Do the FSA have anyway to help here?
All advice welcome.
Jonathan:mad:

http://www.asiamacn.com

Shaghai Capital scam

Hi Norman
I have just found this web-site via Google and followed you comments with horror. I too have invested significant money in a promised share purachse scheme with Shainghai Capital and have confirmed receipts from CMG Holdings in Antigua. I have been waiting for payout for many months and getting nowhere. Apart from kicking myself (very hard) is there anything you can suggest to try to recover my money?
Thanks
Jonathan
:cry:

I am sincerely sorry to hear about your Father, and I wish him well. No, I am not a made up name and I have just - very very painfully - realised that I have also lost my life savings. The feeling is one of utter devestation. If I can assist in any way with information that might help please do not hesitate to let me know. I assure you that I am a very genuine 82 year old living in a village near to Salisbury, Wiltshire and up till now I had absolutely no idea I was being scammed.. I have letters from the Bank of China, J.P.Morgan in Mexico City all confirming my cash holdings, but I think the scam has been the sting in the tail with the Escrow Agent (CMG Holdings Inc of Antigua) Some of these names may ring a bell with you. Again, my aplogies for sounding so upbeat previously - I guess I am too trusting. My motto has always been 'do unto others as you would, in simliar circumstances, trust they do unto you'

How about you do the warrant trick and purchase some more shares at a few cents each and then Wes uni the scammers some more of your money? That way you will lose even more.

How will that help me?!

Read the thread. This is what they want. They want you to believe that you can get your money back when they are the ones that stoled your money. Send them your contact info and you receive more attempts to scam your money from you, of course they will use a different name and with a little knowledge about you they will tailor a scam to make you believe that you know them and and you can trust them. That is what scamming is all about, deception.

About receiving your money back: Do you know them? If no, unfortunately the answer is no. Your money has been laundered around the world in many other countries within a couple of days after you sent it. They have this setup before they start the scam so they are far ahead of you. Why send money to people you don't know or have communicated vaguely on this site or any other site or by cold calls.

About getting your money back, there are two ways. If you know them, you can embarrass them to death. Scammers do not like publicity, but you have to know who they are. Boiler rooms are set up using fake names that cannot be traced.

The second way is the legal way which is costly and time consuming. This involves many police investigations and lawyers in many countries and is usually a little effective if there is a large sum of money involved with a large number of people scammed. Again this is an embarrassment, and inspires the legal society to take action, but you have to know them the scammers.

Do not think that the stock you bought might be worth any more value than toilet paper which has a useful purpose. Your money is gone. If you believe differently, you are setting yourself up to be scammed again. The scammer does enjoy driving around in that new Lamborgini that you helped him buy.

Thanks for your comments.

About getting your money back, there are two ways. If you know them, you can embarrass them to death. Scammers do not like publicity, but you have to know who they are. Boiler rooms are set up using fake names that cannot be traced.

The second way is the legal way which is costly and time consuming. This involves many police investigations and lawyers in many countries and is usually a little effective if there is a large sum of money involved with a large number of people scammed. Again this is an embarrassment, and inspires the legal society to take action, but you have to know them the scammers.

Do not think that the stock you bought might be worth any more value than toilet paper which has a useful purpose. Your money is gone. If you believe differently, you are setting yourself up to be scammed again. The scammer does enjoy driving around in that new Lamborgini that you helped him buy.

The Big Scam

Norman, please "private message" me and I'll give you my email address and we can speak some more. Sorry for confusing you with that lot, but they had a habit of having very straightforward English names not unlike yours - I can now see you were genuinely being positive about it (out of hope?) rather than it being their brand of graceful lies.

I absolutely do recognise the Escrow Agents as CMG Holdings in Antigua (and another in Panama) and likewise the forged documents from the mentioned financial houses. This was all exactly as they had presented it to my father (by the way, not a million miles from Salisbury either, it's sad how small a world it is when the connection is this!)

The appropriate fraud agency has the details of all those accounts and payments made, if you sent me your email address I'll let you know where you should submit details to them, do not know if it makes a difference but I hope the more people stung by this particular source the more the police will do about it to trace these accounts.

Please disregard the rest of my previous posting, that was aimed at the perpetrators in the hope you were one of them as I wanted to keep them sweating, much of what I had written is true, through my background and contacts have done a lot to track them down and they know I know more about them than they otherwise make available.

Will talk some more if you can email me via PM. Likewise anyone else affected please PM me your details, perhaps we can collaborate in gaining action. I'm only a young guy myself and not normally one for group action but in this case will do anything for my dad and happy to help collate information or organise action.

I should warn you of one other thing - a third sting is underway with people setting up trying to pretend to be providing representation for action against these fraudsters and requiring funds to do so. Do not engage with any formal offer of help from a business claiming to be investigating, it's just another 'recovery room' scam.

Me on the other hand, I have a decent job and don't need to engage in this pathetic activity, I'm just happy to share what I've learnt and see if we can collate information to directly target them (as I have been, with some substantial progress) or give the police more reason to pursue.

Hi there,
I have just found this discussion site, and found out that I to have been a Prat and has sure been sucked in and conned good and proper!!
Waiting a year for the final payout- then the phone lines and E mails go Down.
Check out discussion sites, and find this!!
My experence is identical to the other guys, and I to have lost my life savings.
Will gladly help in any way to catch these guys.
My E mail :[email protected]
Lets put Mr Chen and his cohorts behind bars!!
R Loxley

Same Shanghai Scam

Hi Norman,
Just posted on the site, Not sure how ths works, So I also reply to you.
My case is identical to yours and I live quite close In Cheltenham
Emai. [email protected]

Ron

Shanghai scam

Ron very sorry to hear that I am in good company in terms of being scammed and robbed! I am just at the beginning of the process to try to recover some of my money, however unlikely that may be. Do you know which police authority is the best to contact to begin with?
Thanks
Jonathan

Hi there,
I have just found this discussion site, and found out that I to have been a Prat and has sure been sucked in and conned good and proper!!
Waiting a year for the final payout- then the phone lines and E mails go Down.
Check out discussion sites, and find this!!
My experence is identical to the other guys, and I to have lost my life savings.
Will gladly help in any way to catch these guys.
My E mail :[email protected]
Lets put Mr Chen and his cohorts behind bars!!
R Loxley

Hi, I'm new to this forum.
I have suffered from the Shanghai Capital / Wang thing with regard to the sale of shares bought first of all in the boiler room, paid out legal fees to remove restrictions, paid out for warrants, paid out for insider shares, each time a payout date was reached a new reason for non payout was given.
Then the bankruptcy notice. China Solvency supposed to ensure payout. Now have Mr Grant at Platinum international offering a way out but not without further cost. Any body else been contacted?

I have suffered from the Shanghai Capital / Wang thing with regard to the sale of shares bought first of all in the boiler room, paid out legal fees to remove restrictions, paid out for warrants, paid out for insider shares, each time a payout date was reached a new reason for non payout was given.
Then the bankruptcy notice. China Solvency supposed to ensure payout. Now have Mr Grant at Platinum international offering a way out but not without further cost. Any body else been contacted?

Hi lostboy,
I thought there must be quite a few more of us been sucked in by this professional con outfit.
I never received an insolvency notice from anyone, But I have informed the Chinese authorities of this Scam , they replied to me by letter in Chinese, which when translated said they were dealing with the case!! I am suprised to hear about Solvency Payout!!

Have not heard of Platinum Int. I am dealing with Holland & Leaf advisary. I have also heard that SMR in New York are regulated Tel 001 212 7965956 Mr David Banks.
Hope this is of help.

r0n4474

Hello
I have heard nothing back from Shanghai Wang Venture in 3 months after being badly conned out of a lot of money. However two weeks ago I was contacted by somebody at 'Citywide Transfers' offering to complete my sale transaction. He said he would send me details by e-mail but I have heard nothing since.
I suspect that these conmen are connected and trying to give hope to victims via bogus recovery schemes.
Let me know if you have any more information.
Thanks
JH

Yes they will ask you for an advance fee, its all part of the scam, they will steal it and disappear.

I've been buying stock from a company called Holland & Leaf and now they claim to be able to free up my money from an escrow account? I even had a call from a very nice chap at a their bank but he didn't leave his ph#. Has anyone else heard from these guys? I've spent over $25K buying restricted stock over the last year....am I being a fool again.

Further to my previous post, sorry this is all new to me, my solicitor has been checking out CMG Holdings and has reported back to me that the island of antigua under went some nasty banking issues last year. I`m trying to get my money out of escrow via my solicitor here and one down there which I have retained for 5K. Its costed me a bit of money but at least I feel that I am doing something within my control. Has anyone else heard of banking troubles in antigua.