Setups 2 - the popcorn thread

TD. You wrote a popular thread on pinbars. You can't say that you don't know about them.

I'm not saying I don't know about them I'm just saying that you can't say "pin bars work". There are just as many that don't as ones that do. It's about watching the price at high probability areas - watching how the price traded into those areas and identifying what is happening with regards to the candlestick formation that occurs there. I highlighted pin bars because they are easy to spot and fairly reliable.

If people came away from MMT with the above "formula" in mind, they will do very well in this game. If they came away thinking "this is all about pins bars" then I've failed in my teaching and unfortunately the odds are high that they are going to do their account.

Really?! Surely it matters to all those people that read the thread and risked real money testing out the methodology? What hope is there for them if the guy who taught them the methods can't even be profitable using them? I'm not saying he can't, I'm just saying that whether he makes money using these methods or not should matter to people following them! Personally I couldn't care less because I've never read the thread and I don't even know what a pin bar is, although I'm guessing its a bar that looks like a pin. Don't mistake this for a dig at Dante, on the contrary, I have the utmost respect for him - taking so much of his time to try and help people but yeah, I'd be extremely concerned if I'd have spent so much time following his methods only to find they don't work.

and that's why you demo first

if someone reads setups on the internet by some total stranger they don't know from adam, then risks their real money on it, then they only have themselves to blame

If you can't tell which of these two setups is better, instantly and without having to draw anything on the chart then you haven't understood my thread and your chances of being consistently profitable are low.

And my posting everyday on Potential Setups is not going to help you.

You need to go back and read the threads and demo this stuff.

Attachments

• w.gif
    w.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 245
  • a.gif
    a.gif
    19.2 KB · Views: 234
and that's why you demo first

if someone reads setups on the internet by some total stranger they don't know from adam, then risks their real money on it, then they only have themselves to blame

And thats why the people that read the thread, demoed it, understood it, found it worked it for them and appreciated it, are off trading it and making money rather than talking bs about whether I have or haven't blown my account by taking too much risk on one of my setups.

If you can't tell which of these two setups is better, instantly and without having to draw anything on the chart then you haven't understood my thread and your chances of being consistently profitable are low.

The both look excellent to me. Did you not read MMT2? lol.

to much rabbit on here,did any one get that inside bar on the euro this am,cut out the waffle and just do it.

same setup on cable right now

Attachments

• eu 24 06 09.gif
    eu 24 06 09.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 197
This isnt the potential setups one spurs. Thats in general. This is the thread where we discuss the potential setups 2 thread as it is very entertaining hence the popcorn question.

I dont understand why everyone on this website is crying like a baby. I doubt anyone on this thread has ever swung more than a 1 lot and if they say they have they are probably lying. i used to work with Tom and I know he enjoys to talk and talk about the markets but take or leave it dont act like girls in this fake little world that is T2w. Formulate your own ideas put your balls on the line and act.
My first and last ever post, now back to trading the real markets.

I dont understand why everyone on this website is crying like a baby. I doubt anyone on this thread has ever swung more than a 1 lot and if they say they have they are probably lying. i used to work with Tom and I know he enjoys to talk and talk about the markets but take or leave it dont act like girls in this fake little world that is T2w. Formulate your own ideas put your balls on the line and act.
My first and last ever post, now back to trading the real markets.

Why who's crying and what about? Personally I'm just using this whole episode as an opportunity to take the p1ss out of Tom. Doesnt come often because he's always making hella money off of his trades. Unless he's speculating parity and currencies swing violently of course.

Why are there so many people on here so desperate to discredit Tom and make him look a twat? He's put a lot of time and effort in here doing nothing but helping others to learn and develop. A site like this needs more Tom's and less idiots trying to bring good people down.

Has he blown his account? or is he a millionaire? None of you know. I used to work with Tom when he was at Futex and know him well but I don't know either. It's funny how quick and eager people seem to be to pick up and bend half truths and rumours they've heard and take them as facts and inside knowledge to put people down, yet demand watertight evidence to back up anything positive.

His account balance is irrelevant anyway. Give a group of people copies of everything Tom has written on here to learn from and some will go on to make a fortune and some will blow their accounts. Any decent trader will tell you that trading is completely down to the individual. All that matters is that he has given a hell of a lot to this site, helped a huge number of people and this site would be much worse without him.

Last edited:

B.

What is also very very interesting about this thread is the sheer number of people with very few posts that have suddenly appeared to talk about Tom. Some saying they worked with him, some less explicit.

But it all ends up looking like a marketing job, which just seems odd to me.....

Its all a bit gay tbf. If I had serious cheese in my trading account and the knowledge to continue trading I'd be laughing at these posts all the way to the bank.