Robots

What's your % win rate, and typically how does the magnitude of the winners compare to that of the losers, if I may ask? Thanks

What's your % win rate, and typically how does the magnitude of the winners compare to that of the losers, if I may ask? Thanks

stopped on that sik11 @ 34.525 Loss -$900

Average win comes out to about $750 and avg loss $900. Not the best Risk/Reward but not too bad. With a 60% success rate or greater, it works out to be good profit.

Average win comes out to about $750 and avg loss $900. Not the best Risk/Reward but not too bad. With a 60% success rate or greater, it works out to be good profit.

About 0.1R average, i.e. you make 10c for each $ risked, is that right?

(0.6x750 - 0.4x900)/900 = 0.1

About 0.1R average, i.e. you make 10c for each $ risked, is that right?

(0.6x750 - 0.4x900)/900 = 0.1

I am not a big fan of using R. Real results is what I like to use, but I think you can put it that way if I am understanding that right. I have seen so many different ways of calculating the traders "R" I don't find it a great tool to use for Risk/Reward. I know my max drawdown that I have ever had with it, and the max risk per trade based off 2 contracts. I assume a lot of people here use R?

I am not a big fan of using R. Real results is what I like to use, but I think you can put it that way if I am understanding that right. I have seen so many different ways of calculating the traders "R" I don't find it a great tool to use for Risk/Reward. I know my max drawdown that I have ever had with it, and the max risk per trade based off 2 contracts. I assume a lot of people here use R?

It's just another way of looking at it. I prefer return/drawdown as the primary metric, but for higher frequency trading (like yours) it's sometimes interesting to look at R as well.

Good luck, carry on.

It's just another way of looking at it. I prefer return/drawdown as the primary metric, but for higher frequency trading (like yours) it's sometimes interesting to look at R as well.

Good luck, carry on.

OK thats cool. I am open to many different ideas :)

Silver seems to be trending today, not sure how many trades we will get in after 12 noon eastern. The program really shines when we get in the market and it explodes without any retracement towards the entry. Then we can catch a $3k + move on 1 contract. (only happens 1-2 times a month though on average)

edit: I said $450 profit on those, but actually that is $475. Basically break even today with commission though.

Silver, like all these commodity contracts, has become very 'big' if you consider how much $ a 1 ATR move now represents. About a year ago I was trading 6 lots of soybeans at a time, I'm now down to 2, even though that's the same risk, i.e. vol has exploded.

exit rest 35.245

(little late on that call by a couple minutes) Takes a lot to run all this at once and post here live :)