Reversal Magic

I would like to respond to a couple of statements here since I am the author of Reversal Magic.

First, I have never read or viewed Kurt Amacher's work, so I can't comment very much on this. But the sources for the basic concept originate from wave science, which specifically stems from concepts related to electronic communications. In any event, I do have the copyright for my work in most major countries and this remains undisputed. I want to make this very clear; I have never used anyone else's work to develop my own. I have spent years developing this on my own and continue to do so.

Second, my research has developed this into a much greater technique than I describe even in my current works and it can be used to predict price or extend a chart into the future. But even without this, there are many who are using it to make money right now. It is not just for analyzing a market, but provides entry and exit signals. It also provides stops, which are the high or low of the bar indicated. But it is a tool and I never state that it should be traded solely by itself. Still, there are many who have used it as their only tool and done well, they just use common sense in their use of it and have a good understanding of the tool.

What is overlooked here is that when I teach I am adding two other methods besides Reversal Magic that round out the trading methodology. Channel Surfing is what I recommend for setting stops and defining the market condition, to determine whether a reversal should be taken. Balance Magic provides price targets compliment these two methods. So there are actually two predictive methods that I provide, Reversal Magic and Balance Magic. You will rarely find anything that is truly predictive on this business but along with them I also provide another method that helps you trade those predictions when they arrive, Channel Surfing.

The frequent problem I run into here is that often a person only wants to try Reversal Magic and go no further. They are tools and yes, as tools they have a learning curve related to them, but nowhere else will you find any greater tools than these for trading.

Additionally, I provide trading reviews and real time training sessions to help a person overcome any weakness in applying these methods. I have always maintained an open door and if someone has invested in the methods and still has trouble all they have to do is ask for help. Those here who have Reversal Magic know this and so I am wondering why they have taken an issue up here on a forum instead of emailing me for help.

One other point, it is not discretionary. The only issue has to do with which points to use for the calculation and the rules are simple; the swing extremes, points of the balance point and of course, the further the points are away (particularly vertically) the stronger the reversal. The only other part is what is happening just as the reversal arrives which indicates what direction the market will go in.

Usually the first thing a person does is try to use every point to calculate a reversal and many of these will be weak. You have to have a wave (or cycle if you prefer) with some strength to it in order to cause a strong reaction in the market. If you use weak points then you will naturally get weak reversals and a lot of them, which is confusing. Some do have a problem understanding the concept of what are extremes and what are minor points (I don't know why, but some do) and even with these individuals I will spend the time necessary to help them understand this.

I understand that for some this may not be their cup of tea. There are many who simply want to have an indicator to tell them to buy or sell and nothing else. Personally, I do not believe that any indicator of its own accord will make anyone a successful trader for the long-term. I believe that to be successful a person needs to understand the language of the markets and be able to interpret it. This is what I teach. Many aspects can be learned very quickly and adapted into one's trading right away, but there is a whole lot more that I am teaching than just this. It does take effort, but you are getting so much more for your investment than you would any where else. That includes support second to none. That alone should tell you something, if Reversal Magic didn't work then I would not be able to have real time sessions without some serious questions arising.

Sorry if I seem to have vented here. I have spent a lot of work over the years developing my methods and I teach because I am passionate about it and this despite the fact that the real money is in trading. Yesterday I was up to 3:00 am putting together a trading review of Friday (while trading I take pictures of the market and insert comments later on to show what I did and why) that was 19 pages long. I don't have to put together trading reviews but I know that it helps my students. No one pays me for it.

Whether you view my methods in a positive or negative way is your choice, but I stand behind my work one hundred percent and after helping so many I know that they really do work. But a person still has to learn them in order to be effective. The choice as to how far a person is willing to go to learn them is just that, a choice, particularly when I offer so much support.

Michael Parsons

Kiwi said:
If you want a reversal based technique you would probably be better looking at John Crane's work. I've got both and John's is much more precise. I used it on end of day commodities some time ago but havent been using it since I moved to intraday ... must try it and see if it works.

Kiwi:

Was this technique covered in his book "Advanced Swing Trading"?

Thanks,

Honto

Hi,

This is not a reply or anything. I was trying to get in touch with MIKE of Reversalmagic without success. Does anyone know of a way of getting in touch with MIKE and/or a way of purchasing these tools(i.e Reversal Magic, Balance Magic and Channel Surfing).

Look forward to a response.

Regards.

Came across what looks like a new website of Michael Parsons....

http://www.parsonstradingtoolbox.com/

If you do purchase the material, would appreciate your comments after you've reviewed them.

Cheers,
Lal

Hi,

This is not a reply or anything. I was trying to get in touch with MIKE of Reversalmagic without success. Does anyone know of a way of getting in touch with MIKE and/or a way of purchasing these tools(i.e Reversal Magic, Balance Magic and Channel Surfing).

Look forward to a response.

Regards.

If you do purchase the material, would appreciate your comments after you've reviewed them.

Cheers,
Lal

A simple old idea which did not work for me. I first bought this system back in 1983 when Kurt Amacher, New York, copyrighted his manuscript (The Predictor) and took out full-page advertisements in Futures Magazine.

Many years later I came across, and bought, an almost identical material called Reversal Magic...astoundingly identical in concept, right down to the mathematical formula. I still have both material. According to Parson, he never heard of Amacher and claimed that he too copyrighted the material. So who came up with the idea first? One thing about a copyright is that it is not the same as patent right. If you write a scientific essay and manage to derive the E=MC2 formula, you can copyright the material. In fact, you can copyright the love letter you sent your girlfriend. The date of copyrighting is perhaps the only way to decide who wrote what first. Is the moderator of this forum willing to examine both the materials and put this matter to rest? I can send him Kurt Amacher's manuscript which was extensively hand-written and went further by tweaking the formula to calculate not only the Date, but also the Time of the turning point.

I have buy this reversal magic and i can say this are extrem good,Michael have help me a lot and is very obliging.The reversal magic is damn good.

Conny Rubertsson

Machiavelli:

I have Reversal Magic, together with Balance Magic and Channel Surfing.

The manuals are comprehensive - the pages aren't numbered so I don't know how many there are, but the three manuals combined are just over 2cm thick. There has been an awful lot of effort put into the manuals, and there are lots of examples, etc.

If I have one moan it is that right the way throughout the author, Michael Parsons, uses the words Reversal Magic a lot. And not only that, but he puts it in capitals, bold, and italics - and it just makes the whole content harder to read. He has obviously forgotten that by the time you are reading the manual, you have paid for it, and therefore you don't need to have REVERSAL MAGIC hitting you in the face seven times on each page. It would be so much better if he just used RM in an ordinary font.

I can't tell you whether you'll find it worth its money - I paid, and in return got to know a natural phenomenon of the markets which I didn't know before, and so I was happy. I've never seen it referred to on these boards before.

Reversal Magic is all about drawing a few lines on your chart to give you reversal points. It depends on how good you are at trading and what methods you use, but I doubt that one would be able to trade solely on these points. But they are quite interesting to know about, and knowing about the projected reversal points gives you more of an idea of the market's natural wave movements.

Most of the examples are on daily charts, and therefore there is often a good deal of time before the reversal point, whereas I trade intraday, and so as I do not trade the entire trend, just each swing within it, I am not that bothered with the timing of reversal points of the main trend.

I don't use them much in my trading (and my style is price and volume only), but sometimes if the market is a bit boring I put the lines on just for my own amusement and they are quite spooky. I use other things to read the reversal points, but that is just because I've progressed quite a lot since I bought Reversal Magic just over two years ago.

Michael Parsons is an educated sort of chap, and so his writing style is easy to read, with good grammar and no spelling mistakes - which is quite a novelty in trading manuals! He also doesn't promote himself heavily, which I've always found quite refreshing - there are some whose sole objective is to promote themselves, and Michael appears not to be one of them.

Getting to grips with the whole Reversal Magic phenomenon will take a few weeks - it'll take a good week to read the manuals in the first place. So for the money, you'll get your money's worth in manuals, etc, and from then on it's up to you how and if you use it in your trading. The basic principle is easy to grasp, but there are things you need to do to account for gaps, holidays, etc, so it's not quite as straightforward as it first appears.

If you're the type who uses lots of Bollinger Bands and moving averages on their charts, then you probably won't find the space to put the Reversal Magic lines on - you need a nice clean uncluttered chart to do that.

Let me know if you need any further information.

If you weren't trading you could make it as a writer.

You have to use all three methods to work and able to see the market. It's like giving you a great book in how to fly. You need time in the seat to learn. You have to read all 3 methods 20 times each.
Then paper trade his method for 2 months, then the blinders will come off. You have to work to reap the benefits. With good money managment - you will be able to see the markets turn
Parsons is one of the most prolifict traders of our time- I am i am fortunate that i bought his book.
This is not for the average trader who wants to see macd cross or divergence.
There is nothing randomn of behavior or the markets. THE MARKETS ARE BASED ON MATH AND GEOMETRY- This is is not the Mcdonalds of trading-

Found this thread & thought I would ask if anyone is using Reveral Magic, or Dynamic Reversal at this time. If so would you share how it is working for you & any contact information on obtaining the product.

Thanks for any replies.

I havn't tried but anything without any historical results or free previews always seems a bit suspicious to me. Found a blog with great transparency at intradaybets.wordpress.com
Does anyone know other sites displaying trading systems that are being kept up to date?
Found this thread & thought I would ask if anyone is using Reveral Magic, or Dynamic Reversal at this time. If so would you share how it is working for you & any contact information on obtaining the product.

Thanks for any replies.

The Fish,

Thank you for the reply. There is much info out there on the topic, but I find very
few that say they are using it. Either it works & those that are using it are keeping to themselves, or it doesn't work. It looks good on paper, but I am just
not sure.

More hype than results. Whenever I see these type of "flashy" ads, they never seem to work out.

This stuff is phony.

And YOU are a compete moron. Substantiate your statement with proof, or take a hike, troll.

I bought this package back in the Fall of 2012 and have been steadily earning it and working with it since. All I can say is that it's phenomenal, and as someone else mentioned - spooky. If I has this 4 years ago, I could have saved myself about $7K worth of useless trading junk. Parsons is the real deal. You can take that for what it's worth.

And YOU are a compete moron. Substantiate your statement with proof, or take a hike, troll.

I bought this package back in the Fall of 2012 and have been steadily earning it and working with it since. All I can say is that it's phenomenal, and as someone else mentioned - spooky. If I has this 4 years ago, I could have saved myself about $7K worth of useless trading junk. Parsons is the real deal. You can take that for what it's worth.
Good Morning,

I was wondering if any students of Mr. Michael J Parsons are on this forum. Mr. Parsons is the author of a book titled Channel Surfing and also produced a trilogy of DVDs entitled: Channel Surfing, Balance Dynamics and Reversal Dynamics.

Unfortunately, his website has been down for some time (greatest trading tools) and attempts to contact him have not been unsuccessful thus far....

Sorry to say Mr. Parsons' work has been widely pirated and is being resold on every Chinese and Russian cracking site from here till eternity.

I have found a lot of value in Balance Dynamics and would like to contact the author, Mr. Parsons to pay for his original work and also in the hope I could clarify my doubts directly with him.

Hence, I would appreciate if any of Mr. Parsons old students could direct me to Mr. Parsons by sending me a DM.

Thank you.

SAS

Good Morning,

I was wondering if any students of Mr. Michael J Parsons are on this forum. Mr. Parsons is the author of a book titled Channel Surfing and also produced a trilogy of DVDs entitled: Channel Surfing, Balance Dynamics and Reversal Dynamics.

Unfortunately, his website has been down for some time (greatest trading tools) and attempts to contact him have not been unsuccessful thus far....

Sorry to say Mr. Parsons' work has been widely pirated and is being resold on every Chinese and Russian cracking site from here till eternity.

I have found a lot of value in Balance Dynamics and would like to contact the author, Mr. Parsons to pay for his original work and also in the hope I could clarify my doubts directly with him.

Hence, I would appreciate if any of Mr. Parsons old students could direct me to Mr. Parsons by sending me a DM.

Thank you.

SAS
Happy New Year to all. I am bumping this thread for the NY. I would appreciate if any of Mr. Parsons old students could help me get in contact with him by sending me a DM. Thanks SAS

here you go: btw this reversal magic was sold for 3k years before, under a different name. But here you go, simple as pie, find a peak, draw a horizontal line at the peak extending to the right..next, prior to this significant peak or high, draw an uptrend line... using significant lows where the trend intersects the horizontal line at the peak is reversal point, in this case a turning point high reversal point. Now just do converse to find reversal low turning points.

you are parsons, great con!