I want some advice or guidance

what you guys talking about ?.

Mentor's sales talk trading works , systems work , it can be taught ...............the positive sales pitch .If it did not work , how could he make any sales of his mentor services?If it did not work , who would buy from him?

Real trader with experience of the reality of trading , is facing rebuttals and arguments about the true reality of trading psychology.

Who do we believe ,either Jason101 or tradingDoji?

My advice would be that trading is fairly easy to pick up. But not implement. What is not so easy is the psychology and discipline.
And everyones psychology is different and personal. Therefore trading is something that can not be learned, or taught. But developed over many years of a journey of personal and emotional development both in the trading environment and with yourself in the greater world. A massive attention to your own emotional cognition is imperative in my opinion.
-- But I have a real world mate who is a professional trader and makes a good living from trading news, who would say to me, Jason, you talk a load of sh#t.
What a load of psychology bable

So it's horses for courses I'm afraid.
Just remember their is no one correct way and most traders lose money, so the odds are about 80-90% that you will loose your money and give up

Trading can be taught , but not the type of trading being marketed on internet marketing sites .The type of trading being marketed does not work , when psychology is added to the equation .This type of trading taught freely is gambling , and is no better than going to the roulette table.

The proof is there on forex factory , 2500 free systems , free lunches on forums , there is no free lunch and the price to be paid by traders is with future losses . They are still making new free systems everyday , yet microsoft is failing for the last 30 years , in making a profitable automated software for these systems , so they also make $1m a year from price action courses sales.This type of trading being marketed does not work , when psychology is added to the equation ,this is why you do not see any psycholgy sections in the forum , there are few threads on psycholgy .

The type of trading which can be taught , is set and forget strategies , because these eliminate psychological demons from trading .I use set and forget strategies.

Last edited:
I am a beginner or a novice.

I want some advices or guidance to

make some money.I find your webside doing my own re-search and find it cool.

This platform can be helpful for a beginner like myself.

Salute you all.
BR.

Trade an index such as DOW, DAX or whatever else you wish that has volatility during first 30 mnutes after open - thats when prices move the most in the shortest time. Just use a 1 min chart with no indicators, look at a higher time frame for context.Trade very small initially to ensure that you lose small, or even try demo initially. Learn through experience when to enter, exit for profit or abandon a loosing trade. Just have a go and you will become proficient in the quickest time possible without wasting time on courses, indicators, experts and gurus. Annotating your chart with a small number of horizontal lines can help but nothing else is needed.

Last edited:
I knew I hadn't mastered technical analysis for a long time. Then I knew I mastered it. You're probably the type that thought you knew something every year. Try not to assume your delusions on others.

I am a beginner or a novice.

I want some advices or guidance to

make some money.I find your webside doing my own re-search and find it cool.

This platform can be helpful for a beginner like myself.

Salute you all.
BR.

My advices would be dont underestimate the psychological side of trading (well, life in general tbh). It would be to focus 80% of your efforts towards yourself and around 20% to technical side. If you can get a handle on the mind side before you really get going youll be much more open to methodology's that would otherwise be psychologically unpalatable, the approaches that few can use.

Avoid the mainstream approaches like the plague along with the self righteous pricks who think they know it all. Theres know knowing in this game, the sooner you can come to terms with that, the easier things can be for you.

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
I knew I hadn't mastered technical analysis for a long time. Then I knew I mastered it. You're probably the type that thought you knew something every year. Try not to assume your delusions on others.

I remember thinking that, was consistently profitable by then too so I was very pleased with myself. But there was always that nagging feeling of "its all bollox" ya know, maybe you dont. We might be exactly same, not likely but possible. You could in fact be following the same path that I took. Who knows, maybe in another few years :LOL:

Anyways, these 1 or 2 optimal technical trading strategies you mention, do they happen to use stops?

Do you know how large your account and how small your position sizes would have to be in order to implement a stopless method? It is possible I'll give you that, but I prefer speedy growth. Without stops you slow your growth to a crawl. How long have you been crawling? Level up some, then maybe these exchanges will not be as painful...

For those of you that don't understand why darktone's question is primitive or you could say extremely conservative, risk management involves calculating your risk per trade using your stop loss, position size, and balance. He's trying to muddy the water by saying no one knows anything, some people know what they're doing bro, compose yourself.

Do you know how large your account and how small your position sizes would have to be in order to implement a stopless method? It is possible I'll give you that, but I prefer speedy growth. Without stops you slow your growth to a crawl. How long have you been crawling? Level up some, then maybe these exchanges will not be as painful...

For those of you that don't understand why darktone's question is primitive or you could say extremely conservative, risk management involves calculating your risk per trade using your stop loss, position size, and balance. He's trying to muddy the water by saying no one knows anything, some people know what they're doing bro, compose yourself.

I think , you will make good mentor and are a salesman for the educational services.Just like ,NO DOJI the mentor on Elite Traders forum.Customers are hunting for her.

i) Do you know how large your account and how small your position sizes would have to be in order to implement a stopless method? It is possible I'll give you that, but I prefer speedy growth. ii) Without stops you slow your growth to a crawl. How long have you been crawling? Level up some, then maybe these exchanges will not be as painful...

For those of you that don't understand why darktone's question is iii) primitive or you could say extremely conservative, iv) risk management involves calculating your risk per trade using your stop loss, position size, and balance. v) He's trying to muddy the water by saying no one knows anything, some people know what they're doing bro, compose yourself.

i) Whhhy oddly enough, yes I do :D
ii) Common misconception in the tarding world is tha, am happy enough crawling along at .3% avg per day no hotter than 4x.
iii) Id go with, revealing :cheesy:
iv) Only if youre kidding yourself noob :LOL:
v) More like, knowing what youre doing and knowing what the market is gona do next are two very different things. As for the latter, you, like everybody else, int got a fecking clue.
hitchhiker460.jpg

The funny bit is that you really dont know, that you just dont know.
tumblr_inline_o0pzukTv6C1r9wm7d_540.jpg

My advices would be dont underestimate the psychological side of trading (well, life in general tbh). It would be to focus 80% of your efforts towards yourself and around 20% to technical side. If you can get a handle on the mind side before you really get going youll be much more open to methodology's that would otherwise be psychologically unpalatable, the approaches that few can use.

Avoid the mainstream approaches like the plague along with the self righteous pricks who think they know it all. Theres know knowing in this game, the sooner you can come to terms with that, the easier things can be for you.

Enjoy :D

Enjoy, I did.

The only thing I could add would be that by keeping the system as simple as possible it allows you to concentrate on the above.

You know the moment I started to produce consistent results I never picked up a trading book again. All my focus went straight onto myself. Everything, every book I picked up.
Lots of books on Phycology, Cognitive biases, CBT, Decision making, Emotional cognition, Discipline, Ego, Habit, Philosophy, Running a business, Time management, Record keeping, Procrastination, Sleep habits, even nutrition and exercise.
Every time I feel an emotion now I try to stop, pause and give thought to where it has come from and how it may effect my thoughts and actions.
Even when on a break from non fiction books I would choose a fiction book that I thought I could learn from. When not in a position to read, I would listen to podcasts and Audio books.

On pricks, and not knowing, I could not agree with you more.

Pricks: My heart sinks sometimes when I come on here.

Not knowing: I tested my system by back testing on randomly generated charts so I could be confident it would work under many market conditions and to stop me from curve fitting or trying to predict the market.

Last edited:
You are simply regurgitating what you read in books. I actually thought about it and came to the opposite conclusion. Think for yourself then you get to come talk to me.

Enjoy, I did.

The only thing I could add would be that by keeping the system as simple as possible it allows you to concentrate on the above.

You know the moment I started to produce consistent results I never picked up a trading book again. All my focus went straight onto myself. Everything, every book I picked up.
Lots of books on Phycology, Cognitive biases, CBT, Decision making, Emotional cognition, Discipline, Ego, Habit, Philosophy, Running a business, Time management, Record keeping, Procrastination, Sleep habits, even nutrition and exercise.
Every time I feel an emotion now I try to stop, pause and give thought to where it has come from and how it may effect my thoughts and actions.
Even when on a break from non fiction books I would choose a fiction book that I thought I could learn from. When not in a position to read, I would listen to podcasts and Audio books.

On pricks, and not knowing, I could not agree with you more.

Pricks: My heart sinks sometimes when I come on here.

Not knowing: I tested my system by back testing on randomly generated charts so I could be confident it would work under many market conditions and to stop me from curve fitting or trying to predict the market.

Very good post , very realistic ,what every trader needs to be.

You are simply regurgitating what you read in books. I actually thought about it and came to the opposite conclusion. Think for yourself then you get to come talk to me.

Find yourself a new impressive handle like ,technical pro and become a snake oil vendor

Attachments

• snake oil.jpg
    snake oil.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 128