Redarts smartlive journal

Lucky start for me.
£350 is now in the £390's.

Just realised i can print a little statement thingy which is nice. What other things can metatrder do? Can i look at drawdown so far and things like that??

When i save my statement it opens it up as like an internet explorer page. How do i then post that here but blank out my name and A/C number?? I dont seem to have any options when i right click on it??

Lucky start for me.
£350 is now in the £390's.

Just realised i can print a little statement thingy which is nice. What other things can metatrder do? Can i look at drawdown so far and things like that??

When i save my statement it opens it up as like an internet explorer page. How do i then post that here but blank out my name and A/C number?? I dont seem to have any options when i right click on it??

Redart,

Are you having any problems with fills with Smartlive on MT4.

How long are they taking to fill you.

I may fund a small account for a little punt swing trading.

Ged

I know it says starting balance £358, but it was actually only £350. I made the extra £8 on the CFD Account that i didn't mean to open!, and then they transferred it over for me.

Attachments

• statprt1.JPG
    statprt1.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 174
having issues with posting pics here today...:confused:

Attachments

• statprt2.JPG
    statprt2.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 160
Sigh...i give up with posting pics
Been waiting over 5 minutes to upload the 3rd pic

Redart,

Are you having any problems with fills with Smartlive on MT4.

How long are they taking to fill you.

I may fund a small account for a little punt swing trading.

Ged

Nearly missed this.

They've been OK so far.
Out of maybe 40 odd trades so far, I can only think of 1, maybe 2 occasions where i would say the fill was on the slow side.

Generally im getting filled within a second or so. The 'slow' trade took about 4-5 seconds.

I've used about 6 spreadbet brokers in my time. Its early days yet, but at the moment they are probably in my top 2.

Nearly missed this.

They've been OK so far.
Out of maybe 40 odd trades so far, I can only think of 1, maybe 2 occasions where i would say the fill was on the slow side.

Generally im getting filled within a second or so. The 'slow' trade took about 4-5 seconds.

I've used about 6 spreadbet brokers in my time. Its early days yet, but at the moment they are probably in my top 2.

Hows this going Red,

You not updated this for a few days.

Ged

Hiya.

Not been that much too add.

Account went from £350 to £390 on the last update.
Account is now slightly into the £400's (£410). Expecting a 'retrace' in the balance soon, lol

Still happy enough with the broker and plan to stick with them for as long as my account is above water! (assuming they dont let standards slip)

Have been long cable for a few days (in and out) which has been good.
If it gets too about 1.4560 ish ill probably try a short for a daytrade only, as its swimming against the trend a little in my eyes.

Cheers

tried a audusd short here at 0.8315.
Usual stakes. Gonna risk about £5 i think

Have been long cable for a few days (in and out) which has been good.
If it gets too about 1.4560 ish ill probably try a short for a daytrade only, as its swimming against the trend a little in my eyes.

Cheers

Well, we got there. Lets wee what happens.

Hiya.

Not been that much too add.

Account went from £350 to £390 on the last update.
Account is now slightly into the £400's (£410). Expecting a 'retrace' in the balance soon, lol

Cheers

Hopefully the 'retrace' in the balance isn't beginning yet but a bit of a rough day yesterday/ Both of them positions I posted iddn't really work for me and a few other screw ups too.
Well see whether im above or below my starting balance come Friday

Some good late night positions have done well and the account is now in the £440's :)

I've also been trrying my hand at stock trading with them which is fun, although they really need to decrease their spreads alot on most of them. There are a couple of stocks which are reasonable and move around enough with only a 3 pip spread although some very similar stocks with similar volitility are like 7 pips which is too hard to daytrade with.

Im also noticing slippage on the stock trades whereas i never seem to get much on my fx and oil trades etc.

Would be nice if they could improve things on the stock front because i've always liked the idea of trading stocks what with the huge selection im more likely to find a chart that interests me

any MT4 coders able to add an audio alert on to an indicator for me?
I dont know how to code or anything, but I did find a guy on elitetrader who selflessly done LOADS of coding and stuff for me, but that was on ninjatrader and im on MT4 now and i cant ask him to convert everything for me aswell! lol.

Up to £460 now.

Have been sticking with fairly big stops although sometimes just getting out quite quickly if im not confident in the trade. The problem comes when I am confident in the trade and I am risking quite alot of my account on each trade. Its been working so far, but I know that literally a few bad trades will put me back to my staring balance.

So im hoping to hit the £500's and then will begin trading more how I hope to one day be able to. Intraday with fairly tight stops.

I've been trading in this maybe 'naughtier' way, because even though I know that at some point id likely get wiped out with using very big stops, I also think that if im patient for my setups I have a fair chance of growing my account before the disaster trades happen.

Next update will likely either be my intial £500 target or back to my beginning balance of £350

Sorry but i think you will prove yourself right. when you get to £500 stick to small amounts still. Even if you contiue to make money. Dont risk more quite yet. You dont need to make more money to prove you can do it quite yet. Just make the pips. Ignore the profits for now as its only small.

Hi Brettus.
Maybe I wasn't clear, but yes, I dont intend to change my stake size at all. Just the size of my stops
cheers.

You're doing so well. Don't let 1 or 2 bad trades eat away all your profits. The way you are trading is working so stick with it!

Peter

Thanks Pete. Slightly confused though.
You say to stick with it, but also say not to let 1 or 2 bad trades eat away the profits, although if i 'stick with it' and use big stops, 1 or 2 trades WILL eat away the profits..?...

Im looking forward to hitting the £500 mark *hopefully*
I'll likely experiment with a few stop strategies. I know that using quite big stops is 'wrong' as my risk:reward ratio is aweful, but in my experience, its the only time i've ever made money (albeit i've generally lost it all at some point)
When i trade with tighter stops I literally give money away.

That could all mean that i simply need to get better and more accurate, but if ive not been able to find that elusive method after all of these years I doubt i ever will.

I'll likely experiement a little if i am able to get into the £500's

Cheers Wacky

Thanks Pete. Slightly confused though.
You say to stick with it, but also say not to let 1 or 2 bad trades eat away the profits, although if i 'stick with it' and use big stops, 1 or 2 trades WILL eat away the profits..?...

Im looking forward to hitting the £500 mark *hopefully*
I'll likely experiment with a few stop strategies. I know that using quite big stops is 'wrong' as my risk:reward ratio is aweful, but in my experience, its the only time i've ever made money (albeit i've generally lost it all at some point)
When i trade with tighter stops I literally give money away.

That could all mean that i simply need to get better and more accurate, but if ive not been able to find that elusive method after all of these years I doubt i ever will.

I'll likely experiement a little if i am able to get into the £500's

Cheers Wacky

Hey Redart,

Dont know if you have seen this over on FF but its good for giving you the homeruns if your willing to take plenty of small losses. Maybe you can add this into your collection of systems as its so simple. I know Foredog did a bit of study on this a while back with some reasonable results.

Ive heard a few people on this site use it and ive just started incorporating
it into my trading.

Ged (y)

Attachments

• Peter Crowns D I B S.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 1,410
Last edited:
cheers Ged. I briefly looked into it myself a few years ago (as I have about every method known to man!) but will look into it again if im lucky enough to hit my initial target and begin to experiment with a more intraday type method.
thx