My Sniper Forex Journal

Very true, such is the nature of some people here i've discovered! I missed everything so far this morning because of a nice long sleep!

still waiting on the set up details on this super system, I'd have a bash at it with a micro lot;)

got stopped on eurusd for -40

Explaining the last few trades

I mentioned at the start of the journal that price often moves back to the sniper stop and bounces off of it which is where i am placing my trades now.

The last gbpusd trade was a long at the sniper stop at 1.5123 but i got in late and entered at 1.5154

I'm completely ignoring whether or not sniper has given a long or short signal.

Once the trade is in profit I scale down to the 15min chart and put my stop below the sniper stop on this timeframe, The only mistake i believe i made with this trade was moving the stop up on the moves that took place after the us session which resulted in my stop been hit at 2 am. next time i will not move stops after 9pm.

Below is the 4h chart and the 15min chart.

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    43.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    41.9 KB · Views: 249
Usdchf was another bounce trade but has not moved enough to start trailing the stop yet.

Attachments

• 3.gif
    3.gif
    43.3 KB · Views: 225
The same idea drove the eurusd trade but it broke up through the sniper stop, I'm still loking for ways to filter the trades in order to increase the hit rate

Attachments

• 4.gif
    4.gif
    46.8 KB · Views: 253
out for +8 on usdchf will re-enter if it starts to go back up.

out for +8 on usdchf will re-enter if it starts to go back up.

back in at 1.113,

today has been really boring, think i'll go out tomorrow after placing my trades. I dont think watching the screen all day is going to do me any favours.

Nice one on the short - in an exam myself so missed it - gone very nicely indeed!

yeah its doing well so far but there's a lot of support around the 0.87 mark so i've got a tight sl on it.

As for missing it dont worry there is always another opportunity to trade.

seems my stop was a little too tight and i'm out for +40 at .8791

missed out a long on gbpusd today simply cause i wasn't watching, going forward i'm gonna have to set alerts to notify me when price hits the sniper stop.

Would be up 140 pips if i had taken it, lesson learned.

Attachments

• gbpusd.gif
    gbpusd.gif
    33 KB · Views: 231
it seems been at home is having an impact on my trading, by moving stops up sooner i'm not letting the trade really take off, on the other hand when they do reverse i lose less of my profit and prevent winners from becoming losers.

eurcad is a good example, i got out for scratch where as I would be over 100 pips plus if i was still in.

So its a choice between a smoother equity curve with less losers at the cost of missing out on bigger runs, or a more volatile floating p/l with bigger swings in the equity curve, then again on the bigger runs the stop means i'm always letting 60+ pips slip from my fingers.

decisions decisions:confused: