Igindex questions

ig index question

Today at 07:01 GMT there was a huge spike on IG index wall street charts (and other indices). The price range of this spike was 376 points, but when I looked at the finspreads equivelent wall street chart the same spike had a range of only 105 points.

I asked IG to confirm that the spike was indeed real and not a chart error, they did confirm it was real, but did not give an answer as to the size of the spike.

Any ideas as to the huge difference between SB prices in this instance? :idea:

Snosrap

Is there anyone out there that can programme this system as it seems beyond my humble abilities!
Or, is there an easier to use back testing system or software that I can use instead?
It seems it's worth having a Spreadbetting account these days just for the charting packages alone, as everywhere else charges for the same level of detail and access??
Rgds
Grim

Today at 07:01 GMT there was a huge spike on IG index wall street charts (and other indices). The price range of this spike was 376 points, but when I looked at the finspreads equivelent wall street chart the same spike had a range of only 105 points.

I asked IG to confirm that the spike was indeed real and not a chart error, they did confirm it was real, but did not give an answer as to the size of the spike.

Any ideas as to the huge difference between SB prices in this instance? :idea:

Snosrap
You should not compare IG spikes with other SB. Get a free account at opentick.com and use the YM future (Wall street) together with NinjaTrader free version. By comparing the spike with the YM future you can actually see if the SB spike is a valid one.

Are IG still getting spikes? I heard they had improved the software to reduce accidental spiking.

Or a direct line to your debt collector if one is not carefull!
Just as an aside, I've been reading loads about trading and I see that one needs to 'plan your trade and trade your plan' ; all well and good, only I don't have a solid plan at the mo... can anyone advise me on some starters for 10.. I have been trying the 3 Keys system. Is there a way of backtesting in free software? I need a package that allows FOREX and SB plus CFDs etc in the one platform; does one exist?
Has anyone backtested the turtles system and how does one obtain a daily ATR (figure not chart) for a stock/index?
Sorry for the Q's. I'm really interested in learning more about trading for a 2nd income.
Thanks in advance guys and gals!
Grim

Good old IG crashed this morning just as I was trying to open and close a couple of deals at 0810, now 0820- and still not back up... don't you just love em!

It's up now.

If you have a problem closing, either call them or try their old Java platform.

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post, so be gentle!

I'm new to SB (have an IG account), and trying to learn. I am however a software developer, so if the more experienced what to talk to me about the custom charting and what they want... I'm sure I could code it up for you in no time!

In exchange, you'll have to put up with me asking you why you want that "particular" info! ;)

Cheers and nice to meet you all,

Ben

I've decided to step away from IG for a while. I like their front end, still, but as I mostly swing currency, a minimum of 54 pips stop with an 18 pip spread (Guaranteed Stop Loss) was leeching my account. Am currently using Alpari, instead, which allows me to use MetaTrader's auto rolling stop and place stops anywhere (ok you can overdo it in terms of tightness of stops so determining that is down to experience).

I find a problem getting the advanced charting of IG to save code which I write to test ideas.