prospreads.com

Cheers Jack.

Looks like someone at I.T Finance had better come up with that function then?

I mean look at IG Index.

Never managed to make Deal Thru work. GFT has a chart trading facility.

I'm looking into ProSpreads to trade spot forex via Currenex.

Does ProSpreads still drop your stop/limit orders on disconnects as some members suggested? If so, does the GTD workaround someone else suggested work?

Does Ninja 6.5 still work with their API for basic limit orders with stop/limits? If not, are there any other third party tools to trade via the API?

I'm looking into ProSpreads to trade spot forex via Currenex.

Does ProSpreads still drop your stop/limit orders on disconnects as some members suggested? If so, does the GTD workaround someone else suggested work?

Does Ninja 6.5 still work with their API for basic limit orders with stop/limits? If not, are there any other third party tools to trade via the API?

When you log off your trading platform the system will pull orders that have not been placed as GTD.
There are no 3rd parties available as we speak.

Being introduced to trading by a few friends of mine from Northern Ireland, I have recently been set-up with a new trading platform with - spreadsNI - Have to say, It's working out well for me thus far. Got the friday feeling. Perfect start to the weekend. Gotta love the good days.

@Prospreads: There is a comment on a well-known SB review site saying that you plan to introduce mini FX lots this year (2011).

Is that (still) the case, and if so, when may they be expected?

Will this make any difference to the minimum account size or account-opening requirements?

Any plans to go down to the micros?

Here is the relevant link:

http://www.financial-spread-betting.com/Futuresbetting.html

(It's about Prospreads, despite the title).

I joined them when they were future betting .com and then they used to advertise the ftse 0.25 spread in and 0.25 spread out =0.50 spread overall but now their spreads seem very wide. I never funded my account with them because the platform they used I couldn't get the hang of it so I decided it was too risky. I was just about to use their demo programme to see if I can use their platform but, now after reading this thread I don't think I will.

I joined them when they were future betting .com and then they used to advertise the ftse 0.25 spread in and 0.25 spread out =0.50 spread overall but now their spreads seem very wide. I never funded my account with them because the platform they used I couldn't get the hang of it so I decided it was too risky. I was just about to use their demo programme to see if I can use their platform but, now after reading this thread I don't think I will.

Having quickly skim-re-read most of the thread, I don't really see any overall negative.

Yes, if the non-tax SB situation is not a factor in anyone's particular case, then yes, there are cheaper ways to go. But for someone wanting to progress from "normal SB" to DMA or DMA-like, while remaining within a SB wrapper, then it seems an obvious thing to at least try for themselves (assuming they have the necessary capital).

It's a pity that Prospreads don't seem to come on here very often these days to respond.

Are they still offering Spot FX, and if so, how did people like it? See:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting/65624-prospreads-com-17.html#post947282

Looking at the product list on the site, are the "Currenex" ones the spot Forex? Still full-size contracts apparently, and even higher margin required.

(EDIT: I see from a previous posting that it is the spot Forex.)

Last edited:
What do people think to the new ProSpreads website look? It's much sharper in my opinion. The live chat feature I found very useful as well as the videos.

What do people think to the new ProSpreads website look? It's much sharper in my opinion. The live chat feature I found very useful as well as the videos.

Yes, looks quite good.

So, if you have used the live chat, does that mean you are a customer?
If so, how has it been?
Thanks.

I'm leaving myself undecided at the moment montmorencyt2w, there's no point in pre-judging these things too far i'm sure you will agree. I'm intrigued as to whether the DMA functionality will benefit my trading. I'll report back when i've had a few goes with it.

I'm leaving myself undecided at the moment montmorencyt2w, there's no point in pre-judging these things too far i'm sure you will agree. I'm intrigued as to whether the DMA functionality will benefit my trading. I'll report back when i've had a few goes with it.

I'll be honest and say I'm nowhere near big enough to be able to trade full contracts (although of course, I hope to be in due course).

I had a reply back today to my enquiry about Mini FX contracts. Apparently this is going ahead, expected around mid-year. I'm not sure if this refers to Futures or Spot, or both.

I presume these will be equivalent to ½ a full contract in size, so you would still need a reasonably sizeable account to trade them, and there may be liquidity issues, as was discussed on another thread.

I'm sure that there would be a steep learning curve in getting used to this form of trading, compared to normal spread-betting platforms, but I think it would be worth trying, for anyone who is ready to trade in that size.

@Prospreads: There is a comment on a well-known SB review site saying that you plan to introduce mini FX lots this year (2011).

Is that (still) the case, and if so, when may they be expected?

Will this make any difference to the minimum account size or account-opening requirements?

Any plans to go down to the micros?

Here is the relevant link:

http://www.financial-spread-betting.com/Futuresbetting.html

(It's about Prospreads, despite the title).

We are adding new products all the time, and micro FX is another, we are working on these and will advertise in due course.
We will still require the minimum deposit of £1000, the account balance does not have to stay above this level though.

You say that the spreads are wide as in 1 tic wide including the mkt spread, with instant fills and no requotes i think you would be far better off that using another SB where you will get requotes with slow or even nothing done on your trading out.
Compared with other S-Betting threads i cant see anything quoted that would stop them opening an account with PS.

Having quickly skim-re-read most of the thread, I don't really see any overall negative.

Yes, if the non-tax SB situation is not a factor in anyone's particular case, then yes, there are cheaper ways to go. But for someone wanting to progress from "normal SB" to DMA or DMA-like, while remaining within a SB wrapper, then it seems an obvious thing to at least try for themselves (assuming they have the necessary capital).

It's a pity that Prospreads don't seem to come on here very often these days to respond.

Are they still offering Spot FX, and if so, how did people like it? See:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting/65624-prospreads-com-17.html#post947282

Looking at the product list on the site, are the "Currenex" ones the spot Forex? Still full-size contracts apparently, and even higher margin required.

(EDIT: I see from a previous posting that it is the spot Forex.)

montmorencyt2w

I dont come onto T2W, as mostly the questions are answerd by existing clients and certainly any negatives are answered quickly by happy clients who understand what we offer. Currenex is the FX Spot market with an intraday margin of £1000 per 1 lot, not much really when you are getting bank prices rather than SB's prices.

We are adding new products all the time, and micro FX is another, we are working on these and will advertise in due course.
We will still require the minimum deposit of £1000, the account balance does not have to stay above this level though.

Many thanks for your reply.