Profit Before Work System

I tried the profit before work system and whilst I respect John Piper for being an honest man his system did not work. It depended on the FTSE 100 moving so many points at 8am GMT. Like a lot of systems they do work initially but then the pattern of the market changes as so often it does and the the system fails. The other thing I objected to is that John Piper was claiming profits of so many pips a week but a lot of them were made during the rest of the day which made his claim of Profit before work very misleading.

Yes Roger, But try Mark Austin as he focusses on ftse and you can possibly get a month's trial for £28. Seems to be a consistent trader and you can ask him for a performance record.Email him @markaustintrading.com

Yes Roger, But try Mark Austin as he focusses on ftse and you can possibly get a month's trial for £28. Seems to be a consistent trader and you can ask him for a performance record.Email him @markaustintrading.com

I agree, followed Mark since he started in feb., excellent service

I tried the profit before work system and whilst I respect John Piper for being an honest man his system did not work. It depended on the FTSE 100 moving so many points at 8am GMT. Like a lot of systems they do work initially but then the pattern of the market changes as so often it does and the the system fails. The other thing I objected to is that John Piper was claiming profits of so many pips a week but a lot of them were made during the rest of the day which made his claim of Profit before work very misleading.

I agree moore_roger. I followed this system and from June 1st to Sep 24 got up to 457 pips profit. Very encouraging. I moved from £1 pip to £3 pip and everything looked rosy. In the 3 weeks following the market seemed to change, and I dropped back to 165 pips profit, and back to paper trading for me, as I didn't feel like going back to scratch. That proved to be a wise decision. Also agree with the bit about having to adjust trades during the day - hence somebody else's re-badging as P45 Trader (sorry can't remember who said it, but made me chuckle).

Having said that, I liked John Piper's books - especially 'The Way to Trade'.

Having said that, I have bought his latest system on Binary 'Trading', and haven't had a winner yet! Will be asking for my money back unless a miracle happens.

Yep. I think this system is now defunct. This bank a profit while eating your cornflakes hype has now been debunked. Break of the 5min bar rule can still be useful where the 2nd 5min bar breaks high/low of the first 5min bar. Can be used for trading the gaps which are neatly covered by stockcharts which is an extremely useful charting website.
All the best

Thanks for that vintrader. I'll take a look at stockcharts. Trading the 5min bar was where I started at the beginning of 2010, and gave up because the new one looked better. Maybe more longevity in the old ways :)