Profit Before Work System

I am signed up to Forex round up by Richard Hill and that profit before work system was a link in one of my letters, i reckon they may be praying on the gullable, am new to the whole trading scene but am not daft, have read that using other peoples systems is pretty much a no go, we need our own!.
So can anyone tell me if i am wasting my time with these Forex round up emails and agora ltd?

I have been looking at buying it, which is why I came on here. The guarantee looks sound enough - I had a refund earlier in the year from Agora. However the pitfall is that although you can get the cost of the system back, you cannot get your losses back, which could be much greater!

Absolutely! It's like buying a pot of yogurt that's gone off for £0.99 from Sainsbury's If you complain Sainsbury's will give you that £0.99 back, but what about all the diarrhea you suffered from it??

I am signed up to Forex round up by Richard Hill and that profit before work system was a link in one of my letters, i reckon they may be praying on the gullable, am new to the whole trading scene but am not daft, have read that using other peoples systems is pretty much a no go, we need our own!.
So can anyone tell me if i am wasting my time with these Forex round up emails and agora ltd?

Hi bud, I'm not here to pretend to be an expert but if anyone wants to venture into trading as a serious endeavour, I'd suggest good old fashioned technical analysis and trading psychology - these are the bread and butter for successful trading. I wouldn't believe in any 'get rich overnight' or 'spend 15mins a day to capture 100pip' stories. Trading is hard work!!!

Absolutely! It's like buying a pot of yogurt that's gone off for £0.99 from Sainsbury's If you complain Sainsbury's will give you that £0.99 back, but what about all the diarrhea you suffered from it??

I have been using it. Partly because I like John Piper's style, having read books and newsletter of his in the past. It has worked for me, enabled me to have a little more discipline, it is not the holy grail but as I said it has worked for me. Obviously an extreme of trending on FTSE this week but has let me pick up 175pts with ease. With a decent trailing stop it would be more like 200pts.

Last week was my first and I ended up 28pts. (so not a ground breaking week but not a losing week either). On the whole It is something I am happy to have in my trading arsenal.

I am certainly not a fan of paying for systems or training but have no regrets as I feel with this system I am making progress, mostly as it has started to knock a little more discipline into my approach and taught me to leave some wiggle room, plus lock in profits.

Each to their own but in my experience John Piper seems like a genuine guy, his instructions are clear and when I have dealt with him by email he has been helpful and I feel his and others books and this board are slowly converting me in to a discipline, less emotional and most importantly a winning trader.

Just my 2ps worth.:rolleyes:

Oh and I do agree with what Umbrella says above about hard work,psychology and t.a but I also feel that being in the markets actively trading (as a beginner) gives you a real world feel for how markets react and all good experience to get a feel for the technical analysis, crowd mentality etc etc in action.

Have good w.end all

Hi bud, I'm not here to pretend to be an expert but if anyone wants to venture into trading as a serious endeavour, I'd suggest good old fashioned technical analysis and trading psychology - these are the bread and butter for successful trading. I wouldn't believe in any 'get rich overnight' or 'spend 15mins a day to capture 100pip' stories. Trading is hard work!!!

Yes m8 i have found it is alot to take in, i don't believe any of these get rich while you sleep things which as far as i'm concerned are making money on the subscription while they have it, what i want to know is if i am wasting precious mind and time reading these Agora publications, and can you recommend some starting points for education, i have read the ultimate technical analysis handbook from elliot wave and get the free newsletters from elliot wave and weiss inc, read the spread betting hand book by Malcolm Pryor, reading Neatest Little Guide to Stock Market Investing by Jason Kelly, read Thrive in the Meltdown by Leo Crosrite published by Misharu LTD possibly something else to avoid reading? seems ok but what do i know!, have a small spread betting account and have a dollar trading account so my time is best spent reading no rubbish, canceled my subscription to a alert system from what i would have thought to be a reputable fella, won't say what as am not sure what gets people banned on here, but it lost me $1000 dollars by hitting stops and then pretty much going straight back up:(!.

having a trading system is always better than not having one. It's true there's no one system that will make you rich, but at the same time, I have learnt so much from other people's systems and ideas. Many of them are based on techincal analysis, but give you a clear trade set up entry, stop and profit target. This means you have confidence to place trades. As with anything, the key is to trade small until conident in any new system. Where's the harm in trading on demo, for a month?

Hi guys,

I tested this system last week, i'm actually suprised i even found a discussion board for it but here's my 2 pennies worth.

Last week It made an overall loss of 26 or so points and have not tried since, it is a very simple system so i give him points for that.

I do plan to jump back onto the horse next week and will post a follow up on my profit/loss. I'm still in my money back guarantee so can refund if my betting bank suffers.

In fact i could photocopy the entire system for less than a £1 seeing it's covered on the first 15 pages but i enjoy the weekly updates so may keep hold it.

I seem to be making money with it. I do use a bit of discretion mind, if it is a particularly choppy day I will tighten stops and look to get out without a loss. I primarily see it as a system that if it gets you in to a trend in the right direction and start locking in profits then all good.. if not get out for a small loss, so is good as a means of control and to take some of the emotion away from a trade.

If a system tells you when to get in and how to risk loss it keeps an element of control. It has been a useful learning point for me, in the very basic principles of: limit losses, plan trade, money management, let profits run.. lock in profits etc.

All good and I think slowly I am starting to win more than I lose at trading slowly.:)

It's about parting with £247, giving it to someone who has written a heavily padded out manual that could have been written on two sides of A4, in return for "the answer". If it worked, would the guy make a better return from trading or flogging manuals?

End of.

Sigh. I shouldn't really get so bothered, and normally I just let these threads pass. But...

For all the people wondering whether this and any other similar system for sale are any good, consider these points.

If it sounds too good to be true, it isn't.

Why would there be systems for sale that make you more money than they cost to buy?

If you've made money with this for the first week or two, you've probably just been lucky. There is a small chance that you have a natural flair for money management and discipline, but believe me that's rare for humans and even rarer for people attracted to trading.

If you think you just need experience with a decent system, there are plenty of free ones on the web. But face it, you think if you pay for it it might just make you a lot of money eh?

If you just want to learn to trade, there are plenty of books for 10-30 quid which will teach you perfectly well. If you can't learn from a book, ask yourself why. Are you just lazy, and would rather try and buy your way to getting rich? (I realise some people learn better on courses - you'll probably find trading harder too since it just delays the point at which you develop and understand your own stuff)

etc etc.

Last edited:
Thank you to the guys who have taken the time to share their experiences with this FTSE morning trading strategy. I too was looking at it and am interested in adding more stock/index strategies to my arsenal.

From what I can gather from the sales type is that you look for a signal in the morning based on what the Dow has done the day before then place a corresponding trade in the same direction on the FTSE. Would this be accurate?

The problem I can see with this straight up is that any major movement on the Dow is usually factored into the FTSE price on most spread betting and trading platforms as people are reacting 24 hours to these moves so no real advantage can be gain from it. However I'm just postulating here and don't own the 'Profit before work system' but would certainly appreciate if any of the current users could shed any more light on the system and their experiences with it thus far.

Many thanks

This is a scam. I got sent one about Fxtrading along the same lines. Stay clear and keep your cash. get a book from the library!