Price Patterns.

mr.marcus said:
.....nope....price is not a reflection of volume.its good to ask questions....but how about giving your own thoughts and ideas.....and bottom line if you dont develop your own ideas and thoughts how do you know the information being presented to you is correct?your asking huge questions which dont take 2 minute answers...not correct ones anyways.and if your were just plated the correct ones they would mean nothing to you without walking the journey for yourself.anyone who insists the answers are easy to derive...ask to see their trading results ..i can guarantee they wont be that impressive.to arrive at the destination takes a shed load of work and free thought.your questions are very good btw.....each one deserves a thread in its own right.happy hunting.

Thankyou, Mr. Marcus.

dbphoenix said:
Price reflects the difference between buying pressure and selling pressure. "Volume" is trading activity. If there is a great deal of buying interest but little selling interest, or vice-versa, price can move substantially with very little "volume" at all.

Is there an equation that logically displays the interaction of P"V"T?

Is there a universal equation?

This one is for you also, Mr. Marcus.

Thankyou both in advance.

Exhaustion's, Blow Offs, V Tops and V Bottoms....etc etc.... these are points of reference. They are EXIT points before they are anything else. They are most deffo not reversal signals.

Top time frame working down ....if you don't know what phase of price moves your in then its called gambling.

Can any "bananas" be fitted onto these charts? Think i'm joking? look again.

Trying to pick tops and bottoms is a very dangerous game....newbies get killed doing this.

In the absence of Volume....substitute for Standard Deviation......find a way to use it correctly.

Attachments

• m.gif
    m.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 277
  • w.gif
    w.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 250
  • d.gif
    d.gif
    15 KB · Views: 209
  • h.gif
    h.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 244
  • banana4.jpg
    banana4.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 755
Last edited:
mr.marcus said:
.....nope....price is not a reflection of volume.its good to ask questions....but how about giving your own thoughts and ideas.....and bottom line if you dont develop your own ideas and thoughts how do you know the information being presented to you is correct?your asking huge questions which dont take 2 minute answers...not correct ones anyways.and if your were just plated the correct ones they would mean nothing to you without walking the journey for yourself.anyone who insists the answers are easy to derive...ask to see their trading results ..i can guarantee they wont be that impressive.to arrive at the destination takes a shed load of work and free thought.your questions are very good btw.....each one deserves a thread in its own right.happy hunting.

If price is to be the result of the difference between buying and selling pressure, then there must be a governing law or rule that explains the results.

"must be a governing law"...the closest I've come to this is ..context and i couldn't begin to express it in a mechanical way in the sense of being able to program it.

chump said:
"must be a governing law"...the closest I've come to this is ..context and i couldn't begin to express it in a mechanical way in the sense of being able to program it.

Hi Chump.

Would you agree that the law(s) must exist?

mr.marcus said:

If there are known laws, then maybe everything could be known in advance.

Price is the consequence of buying and selling, therefore price is a reaction and delayed.

Any thoughts?

mr.marcus said:
...lots and lots of thoughts....and yes there is a law...a formulae ...will i post it on here ...nooooo chance....as it throws wycoff upside down.....ive no doubt wycoff if he were about today would get it immediately...the markets im afraid have changed... the standard supply and demand theories are just plain wrong now...and although i dont mind helping i aint that dumb to give me lottery ticket totally away :cheesy:

There must be a formulae.

Therefore 'manipulation' can exist.

The existence of the formulae would blow apart many text books and old fashioned mentalities and theories.

mr.marcus said:
...lots and lots of thoughts....and yes there is a law...a formulae ...will i post it on here ...nooooo chance....as it throws wycoff upside down.....ive no doubt wycoff if he were about today would get it immediately...the markets im afraid have changed... the standard supply and demand theories are just plain wrong now...and although i dont mind helping i aint that dumb to give me lottery ticket totally away :cheesy:

I dare you to start a thread MM.

Call it 'decrypting the code' or something.

Goodnight all.

;)

Price is driven by what people reckon they can get for what they have (or want) at any given point in time, but of course new forces have a driving factor in more recent times.

mr.marcus said:
Are the standard supply and demand theories just plain wrong now because:

1. Price is moved more by direct manipulation now than in the past
2. More participants now than in the past conceal their true motives in their trading action
3. More participants now than in the past are stupid, ignorant, inexperienced, etc.
4. Enough participants know enough about classic supply/demand theory and have enough computing power to be able to predict price action and so it is traded out before it has chance to happen, thereby disrupting price action to the extent that you can't apply standard supply and demand theories anymore
5. The population of participants is sufficiently diverse in terms of motivations, tools, methods and inter-instrumentedness now compared with in the past to nullify a simple, single-market supply and demand analysis
6. More trading now than in the past is by computers than humans
7. More trading now than in the past is technical/short term than fundamental/long term
8. A combination of these
9. None of these
10. Anything I ticked would be wrong in order to retain my lottery ticket so I might as well tick here

The discussion has been detoured into supply and demand from buying pressure and selling pressure. If this is intentional, then a discussion of supply and demand may be of interest to many. If it's not, then I suggest that focusing on buying/selling pressure will yield more satisfactory results.

All of this has, by the way, been addressed in the Price/Volume thread. so anyone who's interested has at least that resource available.

blackcab said:
Are the standard supply and demand theories just plain wrong now because:
You will, by the way, receive a summarised version of the results of this survey as a token of appreciation for your participation. Your details will be kept confidential and will not be passed on to the survey sponsor. Etc.

dbphoenix said:
The discussion has been detoured into supply and demand from buying pressure and selling pressure. If this is intentional, then a discussion of supply and demand may be of interest to many. If it's not, then I suggest that focusing on buying/selling pressure will yield more satisfactory results.

All of this has, by the way, been addressed in the Price/Volume thread. so anyone who's interested has at least that resource available.
You've commented about supply/demand vs. buying/selling pressure a few times. In your view does that distinction constitute a significant difference between the operation of stocks (finite inventory) and futures (no concept of inventory)?

Prices still move up and down due to supply and demand... what's changed is why the supply and demand is there.

and of course, supply and demand is always equal, it's just the fact that people are willing to do an exchange at a higher/lower price that creates the changes.

blackcab said:
You've commented about supply/demand vs. buying/selling pressure a few times. In your view does that distinction constitute a significant difference between the operation of stocks (finite inventory) and futures (no concept of inventory)?

As I said, this has all been addressed in the PV thread. However, I don't see any significant difference given the rate of turnover in shares. If one is trading something in which the supply of available shares is easily controlled, then he may have a problem. But why would one trade something like that unless he were in a position to do the manipulating?

At any rate, in its simplest terms, what moves price up is what buyers are willing to pay, i.e., buying interest. What moves price down is what sellers are willing to accept, i.e., selling interest. This is only generally related to supply and demand, much less the theories of supply and demand that are taught in school.

mr.marcus said:
...well there you go....youve been told again this has already been done before so thats the end of that..oh dear. :rolleyes:

Your "truce" was short-lived. Too bad.

dbphoenix said:

No sooner does a discussion begin to get interesting than you have to come along and put your hoof into it. We do wish you kept your opinions to yourself and your own out moded and irrelevant and unworkable ideas and not take every opportunity you find to derail threads just because either you cannot keep up or you don't understand.

Sorry, linesniffer, the usual disrupters are afoot, so there's no point in my pursuing this. Thanks for the "good post" comment.

dbphoenix said:
Sorry, linesniffer, the usual disrupters are afoot, so there's no point in my pursuing this. Thanks for the "good post" comment.
It is not disruption, it is just that everything you post is dire, and you persist in your hobby horses and interrupt just to clock up your posting score. Why don't you keep quiet and not interrupt for a change ? Eh ? Then you might learn something of value and give others a chance to do so too, not me by the way, I am just an informed observer and not an information beggar, but I get annoyed at the persistent torpor you dish out.