Praying won't help you...

I am not going to make a debate on whether wars are remembered on religious grounds, or not. Jerusalem was nothing but the object of crusades that lasted centuries. Spain's war with the English was financed by Rome. Modern Western wars have been fought, not on religious grounds but we have all been taught that He was on our side. The strange thing is that the Germans and Italians were, also, taught that He was on their side, too. So who's side was He on?

I am not disagreeing with the history of what has happened but that is not the same as memorial days on religious grounds.

Paul

I don't agree at all with this in the modern day context. Most Christian religions will not try and kill you if you are against them and in Buddhism as well as many Eastern based religions it is only when they have been attacked that they would defend themselves.

Paul

Ok most religions.

However, there are still nutters out there whether Nigerian or American or good number of so called muslims who will kill you. For example; because you look at them the wrong way and they think you are a witch and bring bad luck to them; they believe abortion is against what is preached in sermons so they kill the doctor or because you are an infidel and you don't belong in what they believe is their land. Orthodox Jews think for some reason God has chosen them above all other people and given them the land of Israel. Hindus believe muslims killed and murdered those who did not convert and equally don't like Christian missionaries for converting those Hindus in the lower caste system. Only about 10 years ago the greater Serbian war was hell bent on ethnically cleansing their lands of other muslims. No different to what the muslims did to the Hindus.

There is a whole catologue of this stuff and most of it is still recent and latent.

Look at Turkey's application to Europe - it is being contested that a secular country predominantly muslim a member of Nato and a very good friend of uncle Sam should be kept out because it is not Christian. You won't hear this in the media but in private circles including the Vatican it is a major point.

Based on past experiences people play political correctness and don't mention these touchy subjects. They are still there in large masses imo.

Look at Turkey's application to Europe - it is being contested that a secular country predominantly muslim a member of Nato and a very good friend of uncle Sam should be kept out because it is not Christian

Err I beg to differ again. My sister works for the UN as a journalist with correspondence for Cyprus. The main and almost only reason why Turkey have not been allowed into the EU is to do with the Turkish occupation of Cyprus. If this was resolved they would be let in almost immediately.

Paul

Err I beg to differ again. My sister works for the UN as a journalist with correspondence for Cyprus. The main and almost only reason why Turkey have not been allowed into the EU is to do with the Turkish occupation of Cyprus. If this was resolved they would be let in almost immediately.

Paul

Does Greece not play a big part in the whole Turkey issue?

Yes it does but what happened is that Turkey invaded Cyprus on 20th July 1974 against complete condemnation of almost the whole international community and this has and still is the biggest obstacle to Turkey being allowed into the EU.

Paul

God said in Quran which means in english : (( Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? ))

God is talking to humanity in the present time ...

All your posts on this forum about things religious makes me wonder if one has to have a lobotomy before one embraces religion

u r really pissed off arent u ?! :cheesy:

All my posts ?! Here is my posts it is over 1000 , very rarely talked about religion and i never started any thread about religion

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/search.php?searchid=4453064&pp=25

No one said all your posts were about religion. (read the post )
You have commented on threads about religion and those are the ones I was referring to

Far from pissing me off
I find them most entertaining and only ascertain my views about religion and lobotomy.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

No one said all your posts were about religion. (read the post )
You have commented on threads about religion and those are the ones I was referring to

Far from pissing me off
I find them most entertaining and only ascertain my views about religion and lobotomy.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
when u put 5 lol u made me sure u r really pissed off :cheesy: , i gave u things from modern science , y the rush gamma u will c i am right sooner or later so lets wait :cool:

I wonder if meditation (with or without prayer) might help the trader? Slowing heart rate down, clearing the mind before you pull the trigger...unconscious ability?

On a slightly tenuous matter the film re. Darwin can't get a distribution deal in the US, apparently 39%of the 'U.S. of A' believe the planet is only 2,500 years old, it was made in six days... and as for the theory of evolution;

Movieguide.org, an influential site which reviews films from a Christian perspective, described Darwin as the father of eugenics and denounced him as "a racist, a bigot and an 1800s naturalist whose legacy is mass murder". His "half-baked theory" directly influenced Adolf Hitler and led to "atrocities, crimes against humanity, cloning and genetic engineering", the site stated.

The film has sparked fierce debate on US Christian websites, with a typical comment dismissing evolution as "a silly theory with a serious lack of evidence to support it despite over a century of trying".​

Charles Darwin film 'too controversial for religious America' - Telegraph

Meditation !
In a lot of professions people claim that a period of meditation before starting a job is very beneficial.
Came across a surgeon who did a buddhist chant and meditated before performing an operation on a family member he said it helped him horn his skills
In the same way it should help traders before a day of tradng

Yes it does but what happened is that Turkey invaded Cyprus on 20th July 1974 against complete condemnation of almost the whole international community and this has and still is the biggest obstacle to Turkey being allowed into the EU.

Paul

Archbishop Makarios wanted union with Greece against the wishes of the Turkish community.

But coming nearer to home

Ian Paisley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Relgious fanatics bend facts to support their own beliefs.

Look at the lie perpetuated by Christians over the death of Cassie Bernal.

Cassie was a 17 year old student killed in the Columbine massacre.

Apparently she was asked "Do you believe in God" and when answering YES, she was shot point blank in the head.

Her mother wrote a book called "She Said Yes: The Unlikely Martyrdom of Cassie Bernal". (http://www.ploughbooks.co.uk/english/downloads/she-said-yes.pdf)

Read this extract written by a fanatic and taken from the web (as if it was written by Cassie herself)

At my youth group, I began to hear about God's love and forgiveness through His Son, Jesus Christ. I discovered that despite the terrible things I'd done or considered doing, Jesus had died for me. I decided I wanted to give my life to Him.

It was in the Columbine library that I faced my moment of truth. With the gun pointed at my face, I'd been asked to choose between my old life and my new life in Christ with the question, "Do you believe in God?" I took a deep breath, then answered with a clear voice, "YES!"

"Why?" the gunman asked. Before I could answer, he pulled the trigger, ending my life on earth. How glad I am I stood up for God with my YES! My death is in fact my answer to the gunman's final question, "Why?" For today I am with God. Nothing can take that away from me!

Would you like to be able to say YES to Jesus, just as I did? Would you like to be able to say YES to knowing God has forgiven your sins; YES to knowing that you can someday, like me, be with Him for eternity?

In actual fact, Cassie was NEVER asked this question. The FBI have affirmed this. The killer slapped his hand on the top of the table she was hiding under - said "peek a boo" and shot her in the head.

Another girl, Valeen Schnurr, WAS asked the question and alternated between saying "No" and "Yes" and "I don't know" because she didn't know the correct answer to give. When she was asked why she said YES, she answered "Because it was what her parents believed in". The only reason she wasn't killed is because the boy with the gun at her head was distracted and moved on.

As one person put it, "...The Christians want their martyr and the publisher is making money. Apparently "God" has blessed this story with cash and truth went to hell."

Last edited:
Not all religious people are fanatics and most that I know of live life for the greater good of others and that is across all religions. There are fanatics in every walk of life regardless of any belief that they may have and to tar all religious people with the same brush as fanatics makes little sense to me.

Paul

Not all religious people are fanatics and most that I know of live life for the greater good of others and that is across all religions. There are fanatics in every walk of life regardless of any belief that they may have and to tar all religious people with the same brush as fanatics makes little sense to me.

Paul

No, but, unfortunately, the fanatical ones hold a lot of power and are capable of causing a lot of damage.

That is why I prefer to go my own way. Why should I not be allowed to believe in God without having to obey the whims and teachings of that lot?

"Onward Christian soldiers, marching off to war" No thanks.

Last edited:
re: Praying Won't Help You

The Experiments

Maybe praying can help, but you have to learn to pray properly.
(Lynne McTaggarts book, "The Intention Experiment" is a follow-up to her earlier book, "The Field")

That is why I prefer to go my own way. Why should I not be allowed to believe in God without having to obey the whims and teachings of that lot?

isn't that what jesus was trying to tell everyone?

and now the christian priests are doing the same thing the jewish priests were doing in his time, so it's all come full circle really

No, but, unfortunately, the fanatical ones hold a lot of power and are capable of causing a lot of damage.

That applies to many fanatical groups in my view and not just religious ones.

Of course you can and who said you couldn't ? Most people have their own beliefs and there is no pressure to change them unless, as is the case in the UK now, they are politically incorrect in which case the thought police will be out to get you.

Paul

How they knew about the big bang or the ( positions of stars ) b4 1400 years ? It is God words
As far as I can work out your reference to 1400 years refers to the Qu'ran originating from around 600 AD. As the Babylonians were happily charting the stars around 1200 BC, followed by the Chinese, Greeks, Egyptians...and a few others, all dating back prior to AD. Consequently I'm not sure what your point is - man has plotted star positions (sometimes with astonishing accuracy) since at least the late Bronze age.

Dave