Praying won't help you...

Religion's don't seem to last very long and there are or have been thousands of them.

So which One is right...

come to think of it...a bit like which is the right trading methodology.

Masq...swine flu comes from Mexico...obviously ! :)

Don't pray in my school, and I won't think in your church.

Haha lovely !!!

Religion+War+Cartoon+02.jpg

addis-religion-war-cartoon.jpg

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

this chimes in with my own views. but it is a fascinating area of thought.

if your parents die at an early age, and you die at an old age, if you meet up in "heaven", will you appear "older" than your parents?
(if your grandfather dies in WW2 at age 20 on D-Day, and you die of old-age at age 70, if you meet your g-father in heaven, will he be a youthful 20 and you a wizened 70??)

Islam: Everyone age 33 - age of Jesus at ascention

I read somewhere that when the Iranian Revolution overthrew the Shah in the late 70s, the Shah had his feet cut off, as the Islamic scholars believed it would prevent the Shah to "walk to heaven" in the afterlife. This implies the final state of the physical body affects your "spiritual body".

Islam: Nope thats b*llocks. Iran mainly consists of shiite/shia muslims as far as I know. They're different. They don't erm.. follow the qu'ran 100%.
YouTube - shia hitting them selves
Thats why the rest of the Arab states don't really support them. If Israel wasn't there Iran would probs be gunning for Saudi.

But if thats true, suicide bombers would enter the afterlife in a myriad of small pieces, and wouldnt be able to reach/walk to their allocation of virgins.

Weird.
I could be wrong.
Much like my trading.
Ho hum. :whistling

EDIT: you would think, with the exclamations prefixed by "Holy", "Jesus", or suffixed by "Hell" and "God", that traders were of a rather extreme branch of most religions. Much like Jesuits?
The Holy Order of the Candlesticks?

Haha lovely !!!

Religion+War+Cartoon+02.jpg

addis-religion-war-cartoon.jpg

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yes, without religion, there would be no war, no hate, no violence. I can only imagine that you lot without your religion must be very happy, peaceful, loving people. For that, I am truly jealous.

:LOL:

mmm , anyone c how marvellous the universe is and how human body works and how it is so magnificent knows there is God , and anybody faced real death knows there is God , so y the rush lets wait , sooner or later we will die and we will know the real truth ...

Islam: Everyone age 33 - age of Jesus at ascention

Where is there any evidence that Jesus was 33 ? I know that it is assumed he was but I am unaware of the source of this.

Paul

I wouldn't call myself overtly religious.

I'm Christian. I've been baptised.

I believe that there is "something" out there.

But I don't go to church, I don't read the bible and I don't say prayers.

However, as much as religious folk may despise me for my seeming hypocrisy, if I was on a boeing 747 and the red seatbelt light comes on, the oxygen masks come down and the captain says "ladies and gentlemen, we've lost pressure in both our engines and we're going down...please assume the crash position".

Not only do I believe in God but I will be the first one with hands together praying to the almighty to save my soul.

Without God there would be no atheists.

33 years old would be fine for me I guess, its a nice age :)

This is a prime example of why the bible is composed of those who wrote the rules as they went along. Organised religion is used to control the ignorant and superstitious.

33 is a good age to enter Heaven and it solves a lot of questions. "Probably the soul is ageless so let's use 33- any arguments? No? So 33 it is" What a load of cobblers.

I, actually, am a believer but I do my own thing. I know most cons when I see them and what comes out of the pulpit is full of them.

I don't know whether praying does any good, but no one knows anything until his time comes. No one has ever known anything, so I am not put off by the disbelievers, since they are just as ignorant as the rest of us. All I ask is that my intelligence is not insulted. That becomes insulted when the Americans and Muslims tell me that their God is on their side in the case of war and that God blesses business or that he wants women to be second class citizens.

Praying for the market to reward you? In some cases, perhaps, but it depends on what you are going to do with the money.

I can't make my own thread so i will just post this here; Sorry if its breaking any forum rules.
I've made this forum and i thought that members of this forum may find it interesting to track my progress; I hope that it will be entertaining, educational and insightful to the journey of a trader. I'm going to be trading £300,000+ Fund to generate yearly % increases and try to create an income while being relatively inexperienced in terms of 'years' trading...
I hope for those failing at trading it will be helpful and for others interesting.

Managing My Money!

I'm 100% confident we will grow the capital. Sorry if i'm not allowed to post blogs... There is no 'additional' reasons for the blog other than tracking my own progress and keeping track of my thoughts - Although i do have a Google Adsense little thing at the bottom, just incase trading doesn't work out :D heehee

Thanks.

Organised religion is used to control the ignorant and superstitious.

No more than Nazism and Communism were and if it is used to control people it has spectacularly and consistently failed throughout all ages in history.

Paul

No more than Nazism and Communism were and if it is used to control people it has spectacularly and consistently failed throughout all ages in history.

Paul

Those two were a form of religion, too. They may have failed but they have all, spectacularly, made a nuisance of themselves to humanity while they lasted.

Those two were a form of religion, too. They may have failed but they have all, spectacularly, made a nuisance of themselves to humanity while they lasted.
Ofcourse they failed because it is human made not from God , another example from the present time : the western financial system failed very badly and couldnt give financial solutions for humanity ...

This is a prime example of why the bible is composed of those who wrote the rules as they went along. Organised religion is used to control the ignorant and superstitious.

33 is a good age to enter Heaven and it solves a lot of questions. "Probably the soul is ageless so let's use 33- any arguments? No? So 33 it is" What a load of cobblers.

I, actually, am a believer but I do my own thing. I know most cons when I see them and what comes out of the pulpit is full of them.

I don't know whether praying does any good, but no one knows anything until his time comes. No one has ever known anything, so I am not put off by the disbelievers, since they are just as ignorant as the rest of us. All I ask is that my intelligence is not insulted. That becomes insulted when the Americans and Muslims tell me that their God is on their side in the case of war and that God blesses business or that he wants women to be second class citizens.

Praying for the market to reward you? In some cases, perhaps, but it depends on what you are going to do with the money.

My intelligence get insulted when someone tells me there is no God !

The thing is that religion is needed to guide the weak. Look at any major city on a Saturday night. Full of weak-willed idiots all trying to get drunk and forgetting who they are. Something's not right with these individuals if they need to do this. I'm not speaking from a religious viewpoint; merely as someone who has studied how the mind works (my "other" job).

But do these Saturday night weaklings go to church on Sunday? If not, how are they controlled by the Church?

In any case, I have my own criteria on these things and everyone has to think for themselves.

I was sitting on a park bench last Sunday, reading a book and minding my own business, when i was approached by a couple of males, intent on drumming up trade for their local church. One was old and the other young. Since the younger had nothing to say, I guessed that he was an apprentice. In any case, the old one, with an insincere smile, that told mne that I could not trust him as far as I could kick him, asked me a series of questions, my answers to which should have told him that I wasn't, in the slightest, interested. But, no, he kept on and on until, in the end, I told him that I wasn't interested in his philosophy and to, please, let me get on with my book. Then he wanted to know what I was reading so I had to get up and walk away, but not before I thanked him interrupting my pleasurable mornng.

I ask, what should he have been doing? Interrupting an elderly guy's peace and quiet, reading in the park, or going down to some pub and trying to recruit from there?