Potential setups 2

1 spreadbetter there isn't, but a lot of them and there is. The same thing happened when trading first went electronic. All the locals would scalp at the same obvious S/R levels and wear only 2-3 ticks of pain. Paul Rotter (the flipper) realised this and would flip the orderbook though their stops, reversing the trade once they were all out.

With trading, you aren't trading the market - you are trading against everyone else.

no body is denying the existence of stop running etc..but readnig t2w to do it? come on...

no body is denying the existence of stop running etc..but readnig t2w to do it? come on...

Well, it seems that TD is annoyed that someone is taking shorter-term positions opposite to his long ones a la Turtles vs Turtle Soup style. I can't think of any other reason.

Why else would he say what he did?

So is dante saying t2w is a poor mans order flow?

if you got 10 newbies who had some basic knowledge of trading, and put them to trade, you would not have a bad system taking the opposite side of their trades and either getting out at their stop loss level or whenever they did.

if you can reverse mirror them, you have a good system.

when I was first learning to trade, I would shoot for 1:2/3, risk reward trades and the net effect of all my activity was two blown accounts over a few year period. if only i did the opposite throughout this duration I would have been up, massively.

you just need to find a good sample of newbie calls on a consistent basis and you have a pretty reliable way of making money.

isn't it locking the stable door after the horse has bolted? everyone knows the setups by now, and what to look for

So anyone gonna post any setups then? I'll start....

Well its not really a setup but anyone watching this chanel on cad/jpy?

Attachments

• cadjpy.gif
    cadjpy.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 169
if you got 10 newbies who had some basic knowledge of trading, and put them to trade, you would not have a bad system taking the opposite side of their trades and either getting out at their stop loss level or whenever they did.

if you can reverse mirror them, you have a good system.

when I was first learning to trade, I would shoot for 1:2/3, risk reward trades and the net effect of all my activity was two blown accounts over a few year period. if only i did the opposite throughout this duration I would have been up, massively.

you just need to find a good sample of newbie calls on a consistent basis and you have a pretty reliable way of making money.

Thats all well and good but most of the set ups posted were not that detailed and were mostly by BBmac

wont that just create a new pattern?
a pin-bar followed by an engulfing pin-bar. (the first pin-bar, where the tiddlers enter at eye-line. then a second pin-bar going beyond the nose, taking out the stops, and then rebounding back to the original eye-line, and then onwards)

aha, you found my setup trendie...welcome to the world of stop runs and fades...

Last edited:
I think TD was saying that other (bigger) traders will be monitoring it and will be taking the opposite side of your trades (hence, not your best interests at heart) - knowing roughly what your stop losses will be they will aim to high and low tick you, forcing you to pay up and then profit themselves.

Welcome to the exploitation game that is trading. It's the reason that hedge fund managers don't tell you their position at the time. They'll tell you they're short on TV just as they are about to unwind their positions and get long.
:-0

Illusions shattered, so when Buffet and Soros say (for example) they're buying airline stock they're just pumping the sheople and then secretly dump the fookers? Who'd have thought it, such a cruel world.:cool:

Cad jpy

The bearish momentum is still aggressive. However, the potential for a breakout on this rally is likely low.

There is no Fundamentally, there are no specific events that can directly threaten to force a dramatic shift in risk appetite on their own. Neither does the data scheduled for release over the week have the influence to single-handedly decide the Canadian dollar’s or Japanese yen’s future trend.

Attachments

• CADJPY 1706.jpg
    CADJPY 1706.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 178
  • CADJPY 4HR1706.jpg
    CADJPY 4HR1706.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 163
Thats all well and good but most of the set ups posted were not that detailed and were mostly by BBmac

Unbelievable you are.(n)

These are the kind of low I Q insults that drive posters like BBmac and T_D away.

Is it any wonder that the brains around here just stop posting...and as a consequence i'm sure it's just not worth the hassle.

Unbelievable you are.(n)

These are the kind of low I Q insults that drive posters like BBmac and T_D away.

Is it any wonder that the brains around here just stop posting...and as a consequence i'm sure it's just not worth the hassle.

True..

Ommi, Elite, BBmac, Atilla, Kutero and few others use to show really good stuff for us..

I'm not going to argue with you but as I said earlier only bbmac has been posting lately or havent you noticed. Also, it wasnt an attack on anyone the point I was making is that most people in the thread (bbmac being the person I mentioned) do not posts their trades in great detail i.e. targets stops etc.

the point I was making is that most people in the thread (bbmac being the person I mentioned) do not posts their trades in great detail i.e. targets stops etc.

Yes, there is a very good reason for that...the detail can only be known "in the now" the set ups however are just that...they are showing you what they are looking at and possibly how they will play it if it meets conditions etc.

In other words they want to see price action behaving as per their expectation....therefore a "target" is largely irrelevant.

If observers of these set ups want entry/stop/targets/etc...then they are in the wrong place...might just as well subscribe to a signal service and be done with it...for they will learn nothing and clearly have no desire to "do the work"

Trader Dante's legacy

The original potential setups thread ran to hundreds of pages. indeed over 1000. As TD said in his last post there, you should all know the setups by now.

TD is doing all the followers of his thread a favour now, which is to encourage them to take what they have learnt and to incorporate it and further develop it within their own strategies. Doing this is the true path to independence.

Furthermore all the followers of the threads will develop their own slight variations that will make it more difficult for any of those parties that TD mentioned from ruining your edge.

A weapon is only of use when used with your own element of surprise and not revealed to the masses

Charlton

do not agree CV in a constructive way

Yes, there is a very good reason for that...the detail can only be known "in the now" the set ups however are just that...they are showing you what they are looking at and possibly how they will play it if it meets conditions etc.

In other words they want to see price action behaving as per their expectation....therefore a "target" is largely irrelevant.

If observers of these set ups want entry/stop/targets/etc...then they are in the wrong place...might just as well subscribe to a signal service and be done with it...for they will learn nothing and clearly have no desire to "do the work"

Hi CV

respect your posts and observations CV, not so sure about the stops and targets bit

TD and FW were pretty clear on their stops and targets / entry exit Criteria over many posts and supplied enough detail to get a good all round feel for their respective methods

without that information the posted trade and chart is pointless imho, the goal posts can always be adjusted to favour the poster of the so call live trade or call

a required ASAP exit, reasons can be explained after the event

it will read absolute BS or the truth

Last edited:
The original potential setups thread ran to hundreds of pages. indeed over 1000. As TD said in his last post there, you should all know the setups by now.

TD is doing all the followers of his thread a favour now, which is to encourage them to take what they have learnt and to incorporate it and further develop it within their own strategies. Doing this is the true path to independence.

Furthermore all the followers of the threads will develop their own slight variations that will make it more difficult for any of those parties that TD mentioned from ruining your edge.

A weapon is only of use when used with your own element of surprise and not revealed to the masses

Charlton

My crutch was snatched though. I like an easy transition.

Charlton

“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime”

or ?
"Teach a man to fish, and you introduce another competitor into the overcrowded fishing industry”

or ?
“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you can sell him fishing equipment”

or ?
“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you will not have to listen to his incessant whining about how hungry he is...”

Lets grow up thank Tom for a great thread and move on.

Edit: The closed thread is not going anywhere, it can still be used into the future for learning about levels.

Last edited:

Charlton

Agreed, although not sure about the last sentence. I thought we already searched and concluded there were no weapons of mass(es) destruction. Boom boom, sorry couldn't resist.

On a more serious note, whether TD just wanted a break or not, I hope that the closed thread isn't deleted or doctored, there surely isn't any info that can't be found on other threads of forums as mentioned already. It is a useful learning resource and I'm sure will continue to be for many of us that want to hone our skills on reading PA.