Post your bad spread bet fills here, research needed!

If SB firms were up to the tricks that are regularly suggested, shouldn't we see some obvious evidence? Such as excess profits to traders in jurisdictions where SB is illegal or absent. I don't hear trading in the US is so much better than the UK because they can't SB. And why don't we see astronomical profits being thrown out by demo accounts to lure people into real trading?

If anyone thinks they are getting individualised quotes and having their personal stops run, it should be easy to prove this but more importantly take advantage of it to make a profit, by running two accounts, with screens open on each side by side. If the SB firm spike price to hit a stop on one account, the absence of the spike on the other will prove they're cheating. And if a spike shows on both and does hit the stop on one, it should be easy to take a contrary position on the second account and profit from the reversion to the 'true' quote.

If SB firms were up to the tricks that are regularly suggested, shouldn't we see some obvious evidence? Such as excess profits to traders in jurisdictions where SB is illegal or absent. I don't hear trading in the US is so much better than the UK because they can't SB. And why don't we see astronomical profits being thrown out by demo accounts to lure people into real trading?

If anyone thinks they are getting individualised quotes and having their personal stops run, it should be easy to prove this but more importantly take advantage of it to make a profit, by running two accounts, with screens open on each side by side. If the SB firm spike price to hit a stop on one account, the absence of the spike on the other will prove they're cheating. And if a spike shows on both and does hit the stop on one, it should be easy to take a contrary position on the second account and profit from the reversion to the 'true' quote.
I agree, overall SB is fine today, the traders that makes complaining a habit should trade DMA instead and not keep ranting all over the place. They will probably lose huge amount of money doing it. The worst thing is a trader that don't take responsibility over his/hers trading environment and blame others for their failures.

I agree, overall SB is fine today, the traders that makes complaining a habit should trade DMA instead and not keep ranting all over the place. They will probably lose huge amount of money doing it. The worst thing is a trader that don't take responsibility over his/hers trading environment and blame others for their failures.

I agree if the failures were caused by bad trades and not held trades creating bad fills.

I agree if the failures were caused by bad trades and not held trades creating bad fills.
There you go again. You have chosen the company and platform on which you trade on. What is worst you continue to trade with this company and platform, who is to blame really? This company and platform might not suit you, but can very well suite other traders.

I think this thread is turning around in favor of SB.:D Just kidding guys, the dicussion is getting more fruitful.

ETXCapital:

These boys tried to slip me me for $3 on a gold position. The girl on the phone said the market had slipped $3 in 1 second. Argued with me for a bit. I asked her what chart she was looking at. She went away and came back and said it did look unfair. I heard some guy shouting in the background. She said she would refund it as a gesture of goodwill(!) even though the market had never gone there. No apology.

Pretty pathetic.

(yeah, you read that right, their quote dropped 3 dollars, not 3 cents, 3 whole dollars, no news, just trading).

It depends on their liquidity provider. It's unlikely purposely slipped by that amount in such volatile times

ETXCapital:

These boys tried to slip me me for $3 on a gold position. The girl on the phone said the market had slipped $3 in 1 second. Argued with me for a bit. I asked her what chart she was looking at. She went away and came back and said it did look unfair. I heard some guy shouting in the background. She said she would refund it as a gesture of goodwill(!) even though the market had never gone there. No apology.

Pretty pathetic.

(yeah, you read that right, their quote dropped 3 dollars, not 3 cents, 3 whole dollars, no news, just trading).
Shows it is important to complain when one feels unfair execution have taken place. At least they reversed the trade, a good sign from them. "refund it as a gesture of goodwill", a standard reply from the SB company, it means you were right they were wrong.:)

Took advantage of the SpreadCo T2W offer to test out a new trading strategy on a short t/f.

Slippage of a pip against me on every trade.

I have been using the CMC CFD platform for over a month, I havent noticed any obvious slippage - however it is rare that my stops get hit i tend to manage manually.

I have noticed on occasions the spread on some currency pairs can widen considerably for just a fraction of a second, you wouldnt notice it unless you were sitting there watching it.
GBPUSD went from 2 pips to 20 pips spread for a fraction of a second.
If the spread goes to 20 pips for fraction of a second, you would expect major slippage on your stops.

This was around 11pm so not their main hours.

I only put an initial 30 quid in the account to test the platform live and it seems good compared to the companies out there - I have tried them all.

So I am using only small stakes at the moment, but looking to double the account several times over the next few months so will see when I increase my account.

At the end of the day the platform is only a tool, there are pluses and negatives with all the brokers out there, its up to you to find the best tool that suits your style of trading.

ETXCapital:

Pretty pathetic.

I got slipped 8$ on IG the other day. No news. Not 8 cents. 8 whole dollars. Seen it happen. Maybe unfair but whatever. 3$ is nothing.

Hi, and welcome to my thread. My aim here is for everyone who spread bets and are being slipped, having their trades rejected during high volume trading times to post there experiences here.
My goal is to collect as much information as possible to see who the serial culprits are, then, with that information present it to the appropiate bodies to help us form a level playing field.
As a result the spread bet companies will be forced to stop their games that work to their advantage never ours no matter what they say and we can start earning some decent tax free profits of instead being forced to trade with decent real brokers but having to hand over up to 50% of our profits.
I would also like to hear from anyone who has had their account closed with no good reason (especially if you have been profitable).
Screen shots (with account details blanked out of course) would be great. I am going to a couple of screen shots of two incidents that have happened over the past couple of weeks. Or simply just post your experiences.
I'm for one am sick and tired of being slipped on my trades, having my trades delayed by a few seconds, or just outright being notified the market is suspended when the real market is ticking over nicely!
We should get an idea who the worst offenders are, then we can avoid them and spread the word, it's time we took back the power that we have - We are the customer, we hold the power to push for what we want, if they don't listen and stop their underhand tactics, we take our business elsewhere to a company who will listen.
So to re-cap, only post your bad experiences here, how much you were slipped etc, I'm not interested in hearing about how great your spread bet company is, because we will beable to tell this from the lack of reports that will be listed here.

Now we may get some posters on this site who I think are employed in some way post on this thread, I have a few names listed and if they pop up here, I will simply post 'Cretin' or 'Chimp' so once you see this, ignore them and instantly put them on your ignore list, because if you feed the Chimps, they will just carry on and try our ruin our thread, and quite frankly it's boring.

Another note to realise is that spread bet companies post on this site to promote their business, nothing else, they are not our friends, they want your money in their bank no matter what drivel they spout. We trade their market, when we win, they lose. The only thing we can do is to make sure they play by the rules so we have a fair chance of beating them, yes, it's a war of sorts. :)

Next week be prepared, have paint open and all you have to do is press either 'fn' and 'prt sc' (at the same time) on a laptop or 'ctrl' and 'prt sc' (again, at the same time) on a computer to save the screen image to desktop or pictures. Then with on your standard paint application in Windows press 'ctrl' and the letter 'V' and you will have the image, you can save as (then name it) and save the image as jpeg for faster uploading to this site.
Also check you trades - did you actually get the advertised spread? You will be surprised how many times you don't.
Count how many times you got the advertised spread and how many times you didn't, then post your details at the end of of either your trading session, or the end of the week. Many thanks.
Can American do spread betting