Post your bad spread bet fills here, research needed!

Peter Cruddas is absolutely loaded.

Who do you think he makes his money off?

p.s. my original offer of making a contribution to your charitable foundation is still on the table, provided you post a picture of yourself on the trading floor with a sign saying either "Brock Landers is a legend" or "Michael Spencer is a c**t"

Peter Cruddas is absolutely loaded.

Who do you think he makes his money off?

p.s. my original offer of making a contribution to your charitable foundation is still on the table, provided you post a picture of yourself on the trading floor with a sign saying either "Brock Landers is a legend" or "Michael Spencer is a c**t"

I don't get why people are attracted to these stupid spreads - 0.7 pips, 0 pips etc. At least if they charge a reasonable additional spread there's a chance they want your business rather than just your losses.

But people want a tighter spread than they'd get in the real market. Then they cry if they get slipped. Then and then and then.

I expect my broker to give me a minimum of 5 grand a day regardless of whether I win or lose. Later on I like to relax whilst his trophy wife and 18 year old daughter nosh me off and he gets on with running my errands and waxing my car.

Anything less is not acceptable and I might start a thread to complain about those who don't.

Pah, I wouldn't bother getting out of bed in the morning if my broker only gave me £5k a day.

It is possible to earn £5k in a day, and more, not on spread bet though unless you're the owner ;)

What? Of course it's possible. Even with your bad luck and victimisation you could have done it today with any SB (inc CMC) by going long at the open for £100 per pt and closing about half an hour later. Simples.:)

What? Of course it's possible. Even with your bad luck and victimisation you could have done it today with any SB (inc CMC) by going long at the open for £100 per pt and closing about half an hour later. Simples.:)

Less of the insults before I give you a virtual slap turncoat boy...Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Be here tomorrow with a live call and lets see you get £5k ;)

Less of the insults before I give you a virtual slap turncoat boy...Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Be here tomorrow with a live call and lets see you get £5k ;)

It wasn't an insult, merely an illustration of how anyone could have made £5k in a day by spreadbetting, which you said isn't possible.

It wasn't an insult, merely an illustration of how anyone could have made £5k in a day by spreadbetting, which you said isn't possible.

I don't anyone in my 11 years of trading who earns £5k per day spread betting. I have known the odd few traders to hit that near that amount, and started to get 3/4k daily but then they had their accounts closed. If you personally know anyone (not online bs) who earns £5k per day spread betting, and allowed to keep their account open, let me know because I would like to know the spread bet company in question.

I don't anyone in my 11 years of trading who earns £5k per day spread betting. I have known the odd few traders to hit that near that amount, and started to get 3/4k daily but then they had their accounts closed. If you personally know anyone (not online bs) who earns £5k per day spread betting, and allowed to keep their account open, let me know because I would like to know the spread bet company in question.

Dont know about the 5k daily it doesn't work that way usually SB big clients are long term investors , check this link definitely there are big clients SB :

Michael Spencer forced to inject £70m as City Index clients default - Telegraph

Dont know about the 5k daily it doesn't work that way usually SB big clients are long term investors , check this link definitely there are big clients SB :

Michael Spencer forced to inject £70m as City Index clients default - Telegraph

Thanks for the link, interesting read.

I'm sure there are a select few who can and are currently holding large positions to hedge against their share holdings with a spread bet company, but what I'm interested in is day trading, and if there is a spread bet company out there who does allow it's traders to earn £5k+ per day with no funny business (slippage, holding trades, closing markets) and they have good spreads (1 pip for euro and cable) I for one will be very interested in trading with them.

There are players out there who have £1 mill+ accounts with SB Cos. It's not unusual for those players to make or lose £50k per day. I know of one SB Co who lets a handful of it's biggest clients trade at £10k per pt.

Why on earth would they want to close these accounts down? On accounts of this size, they will be fully hedged anyway and the spread differential is easy money for them.

There are players out there who have £1 mill+ accounts with SB Cos. It's not unusual for those players to make or lose £50k per day. I know of one SB Co who lets a handful of it's biggest clients trade at £10k per pt.

Why on earth would they want to close these accounts down? On accounts of this size, they will be fully hedged anyway and the spread differential is easy money for them.

This is just it, if they have time to hedge you then they could be OK with a large slow position, but if you're a spike trader or scalper, they don't have have time to match your position so ask you to leave.

This is just it, if they have time to hedge you then they could be OK with a large slow position, but if you're a spike trader or scalper, they don't have have time to match your position so ask you to leave.

With that kinda size usually they give you DMA, then convert your traders into spreadbet, or they work the order. Anything over 1k a point usually becomes a problem, trying to hedge.

With that kinda size usually they give you DMA, then convert your traders into spreadbet, or they work the order. Anything over 1k a point usually becomes a problem, trying to hedge.

If you're trading at that sort of level, then you know that you, probably, won't get the whole £10k trade filled @ x. You'll get part @ x, some @ x+1, x+2 etc. It would very much depend on the market traded. It's easier to get filled with large lot sizes on the S & P or Eur/$ than it is on, say, the FTSE or USD/SGD.

If you're trading at that sort of level, then you know that you, probably, won't get the whole £10k trade filled @ x. You'll get part @ x, some @ x+1, x+2 etc. It would very much depend on the market traded. It's easier to get filled with large lot sizes on the S & P or Eur/$ than it is on, say, the FTSE or USD/SGD.

Try telling that to an arabian billionaire. Wants a 1 tick spread in usdcad in 50mill. Couldn't understand why he couldn't get the price on his iphone. Too rich to understand or care to understand. "The price is 9930 on my phone why do you say 9931?", "Why are you stealing from me?", "Do you know who i am?" , " Ok, buy". Ok you're done at 9931. "But the price is now 9929", "I want an improvement", sorry sir, it has been hedged in the market at 9931. "This trade is not for me, it is for you." Anyone want to be the other side of this?

Last edited:
Try telling that to an arabian billionaire. Wants a 1 tick spread in usdcad in 50mill. Couldn't understand why he couldn't get the price on his iphone. Too rich to understand or care to understand. "The price is 9930 on my phone why do you say 9931?", "Why are you stealing from me?", "Do you know who i am?" , " Ok, buy". Ok you're done at 9931. "But the price is now 9929", "I want an improvement", sorry sir, it has been hedged in the market at 9931. "This trade is not for me, it is for you." Anyone want to be the other side of this?

Pass :LOL::LOL::LOL: