Post your bad spread bet fills here, research needed!

I think I'm spending too much time on here.

What else is there to do? You're on the PC anyway for your trading, aren't you? None of us can truly live in the moment and live each day like it's our last. Wasting huge amounts of time is a part of life. :cry:

What else is there to do? You're on the PC anyway for your trading, aren't you? None of us can truly live in the moment and live each day like it's our last. Wasting huge amounts of time is a part of life. :cry:

When I exiled myself before, I read a great deal. To be honest, it was a much more satisfying and productive use of my time.

When I exiled myself before, I read a great deal. To be honest, it was a much more satisfying and productive use of my time.
Yes I kind of agree, too much time is spent on this forum. I take a "vacation" from it now and then, can be away for a couple of month.

I do trade live and get slippage, very min with Pro Spreads and FXCM and GFT etc. I received none yesterday with PS as should have been the case with CMC as there was no news around. CMC slipped me 5.2 pips just now, and that's one trade because the volume increased, it was after the news announcement not during, as CMC suspend the market during news now or just reject your trades, now add these slippages up over a year and you find they are taking 38%+ off your profits easily. If you lot can afford that then crack on. I could move on, but why should I, at the moment they are slipping me but I'm still winning, and when I win, they lose. I will do my best to make sure we get a level playing field, if others can do it, so can they. If I get positive slippage I will report that too.

Truth Seeker

Whatever you may have said to the contrary it's becoming increasingly apparent that your intention is to campaign against CMC. You toss around things like "slipped me 5.2 pips just now" without evidence and which we are expected to accept as fact and as being "underhand" just on your say so. Strange that no other contributor to the thread seems to mirror your experience.

Whilst I think that the topic of the thread is valid and interesting to members, I am tempted call enough is enough - no, not because CMC are advertisers before everyone starts shouting - and I will if you carry on in the same vein.

jon

Truth Seeker

Whatever you may have said to the contrary it's becoming increasingly apparent that your intention is to campaign against CMC. You toss around things like "slipped me 5.2 pips just now" without evidence and which we are expected to accept as fact and as being "underhand" just on your say so. Strange that no other contributor to the thread seems to mirror your experience.

Whilst I think that the topic of the thread is valid and interesting to members, I am tempted call enough is enough - no, not because CMC are advertisers before everyone starts shouting - and I will if you carry on in the same vein.

jon

Sadly, I think you might be right. A serious thread of this nature - like the boiler room thread for example - could be an excellent and productive thing. There could even be one for each of the big companies. It can only help everyone if they are held accountable and kept on their toes.

But some of the complaints on this thread? 3 pips slippage on 14 (so in actual fact 28) trades? And this is a problem?

well I am on another leading SB broker today. no problems today, no slippage, no price not available. What I would say is that spreads the SB broker I am talking about has a spread of between 1 and 3 pips on Cable. If you watch the price it just alternates between 1 and 3 pips perhaps every second or so. As soon as you enter a trade though it just opens up to 3 pips automatically. Not a complaint just an observation. 3 pips on cable is a little expensive but I can live with it for now before I put a wedge down with a decent broker. Still giving the SB a pounding, no losing trades today but this is just payback time.

Truth Seeker

jon

just delete it all! they guy is obviously a t1t and not one person has provided any evidence. The thread is a good idea but best left to someone who is sensible - and understands slippage.

I've had posts deleted for far less.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not say LIVE, I said the REAL market. I know you trade live. What you are describing is spread betting, I am asking whether you realise that slippage happens in the real underlying market all the time?

Of course he does :LOL: But he and his clowns don't want to talk about anything approaching reality. Strange that none of them wants to discuss post 86 and 94. At least using SB they can get out of a position, however imperfect a price, it is far better than no market ,no current price and an exit at next available price.

well I am on another leading SB broker today. no problems today, no slippage, no price not available. What I would say is that spreads the SB broker I am talking about has a spread of between 1 and 3 pips on Cable. If you watch the price it just alternates between 1 and 3 pips perhaps every second or so. As soon as you enter a trade though it just opens up to 3 pips automatically. Not a complaint just an observation. 3 pips on cable is a little expensive but I can live with it for now before I put a wedge down with a decent broker. Still giving the SB a pounding, no losing trades today but this is just payback time.

You see, this is absolutely reasonable and fine. You know what's going on, you accept it, and work around it until you can move on to a real broker.

Do they rob you? No. But will they give you the worst deal that they can legitimately get away with? Quite possibly. Now, that might be a problem, or it might not. This is why in a way a "fixed" spread isn't really a good idea. The spread (the real spread in the real market) ISN'T fixed. So when someone offers one (or zero spread, or whatever other bulsh1t) they are probably going to compensate some other way. Either adapt or move away. In the real market, the spread is what it is and the fills are what they are, and that is all there is to it.

Excellent post sh5467.

Truth Seeker

jon

I've been waiting for this, a veiled threat. OK, you want poof, I've proved proof of what is possible, so you tell me how I can proved proof of my slippage and I will do it, I've no agenda here no matter what you state, I see the trade price on my screen, I press the trade button to buy or sell, then from that point I wait to see what I get.
From now on, your silencing of me from sharing my slippage experience (which is the whole point of my thread, to discuss fills as you well know) is unjust and unfair.
You have shown your hand to me, and it's a shame, I thought this site was for the greater good of traders, where we can discuss like civilised human beings our trading experiences then make informed choices. I've had to put up with morons from every angle trying to ruin a decent discussion because of their own agendas. I find it odd after PC from CMC has mentioned this morning on his thread his discontent with what's been reported on this thread and here you are........I have reported nothing but facts here, and provided screen shots when it was possible. I have reported positive trades from other companies too. Remember this when you let the morons run the show, without a readership you have no advertisers, because all these guys want to do is sell to your readership, and without advertisers you have nothing, and if you take this action you will end up like moneytech, with no readership as everyone will see you're a slave to the advertisers and can't be trusted, so will become a distant memory. The choice is yours, you either let me post my fills and future declined trades if there any of course, or you take your gestapo stance and start your road to decline. There are other sites where you have no control so can be freely shared on how you runs things here, so will it be reported as you run it in the interests of the public, or the advertisers?

You see, this is absolutely reasonable and fine. You know what's going on, you accept it, and work around it until you can move on to a real broker.

Do they rob you? No. But will they give you the worst deal that they can legitimately get away with? Quite possibly. Now, that might be a problem, or it might not. This is why in a way a "fixed" spread isn't really a good idea. The spread (the real spread in the real market) ISN'T fixed. So when someone offers one (or zero spread, or whatever other bulsh1t) they are probably going to compensate some other way. Either adapt or move away. In the real market, the spread is what it is and the fills are what they are, and that is all there is to it.

Excellent post sh5467.

exactamondo. Jimmy. the real spread isnt fixed i have seen the reuters interbank quotes and spread has moved between 0 and 2 pips. the SB have to compensate. this is just one of the methods they use (not for beginners lol). same **** different sh1t. if you don't know the rules of the game how do you expect to win.:mad:

I sympathise Truth. I think PC telling Barjon to come and lean on you is wide of the mark and frankly a bit nuts, but nonetheless threads like this have a purpose.

The thing is, do you understand what is going on in the real market? The REAL market, not the bucket shop version that you are "trading" (actually, gambling on).

Slippage occurs, it is perfectly natural. Spreads are NOT fixed. That is why I don't like fixed spreads - someone offering fixed spreads is not offering a true market.

I've been waiting for this, a veiled threat. OK, you want poof, I've proved proof of what is possible, so you tell me how I can proved proof of my slippage and I will do it, I've no agenda here no matter what you state, I see the trade price on my screen, I press the trade button to buy or sell, then from that point I wait to see what I get.
From now on, your silencing of me from sharing my slippage experience (which is the whole point of my thread, to discuss fills as you well know) is unjust and unfair.
You have shown your hand to me, and it's a shame, I thought this site was for the greater good of traders, where we can discuss like civilised human beings our trading experiences then make informed choices. I've had to put up with morons from every angle trying to ruin a decent discussion because of their own agendas. I find it odd after PC from CMC has mentioned this morning on his thread his discontent with what's been reported on this thread and here you are........I have reported nothing but facts here, and provided screen shots when it was possible. I have reported positive trades from other companies too. Remember this when you let the morons run the show, without a readership you have no advertisers, because all these guys want to do is sell to your readership, and without advertisers you have nothing, and if you take this action you will end up like moneytech, with no readership as everyone will see you're a slave to the advertisers and can't be trusted, so will become a distant memory. The choice is yours, you either let me post my fills and future declined trades if there any of course, or you take your gestapo stance and start your road to decline. There are other sites where you have no control so can be freely shared on how you runs things here, so will it be reported as you run it in the interests of the public, or the advertisers?

Why do you seem to grasp that there are other sites you can post your grievances on as you think you are being treated unfairly here but when it comes to your trading you say CMC are treating you unfairly but you dont leave ,you wanna stay

Truthseeker slippage is part of the game that's the market no news here , however if there is something you think it is unfair or dodgy and you want to share it with us you could record it by the BSR screen recorder software which will capture a video of your screen then you can add it here ....

Why do you seem to grasp that there are other sites you can post your grievances on as you think you are being treated unfairly here but when it comes to your trading you say CMC are treating you unfairly but you dont leave ,you wanna stay

Because as I have said on many occasions, CMC fills were great and now they have changed their execution parameters. I want the old parameters back, is that too much to ask? Probably. But if you adertise 0.7 spread, then unless you're delivering it regularly you are in breach of the advertising standards of this country. A fair and just description has to be abided by, like : "we offer a spread of 0.7 to 4.9 in quite times and 0.7 to 30 in more busier times or we have the right to refuse your trade as we see fit"

That's what I have a problem with, suck people in with the 0.7 plastered everywhere in huge font and not hardly deliver it, just come up with excuses of latency etc, but not let anyone test their latency, come on now, really?

Truthseeker slippage is part of the game that's the market no news here , however if there is something you think it is unfair or dodgy and you want to share it with us you could record it by the BSR screen recorder software which will capture a video of your screen then you can add it here ....

Yes, I am in the process of setting Camtasia up. Visit moneyam website, years ago i think it was in 2003, there was a woman trader on there who recorded her terrible fills with CMC, then there was a meeting set up with Mike the MD and all the traders getting bad fills, guess what? The bad fills stopped. Go and register on there and read the threads, they are old but if you dig, you find the gold.

If you dont hear from me, presume I have been silenced....

Aaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!

SO WHAT!!!!!!???????

Will a bucket shop clip your coins every now and then when they can? Almost certainly. Will they give you a massive choice of markets, huge leverage, crazy granularity, free platform, data, and charts, easy opening, complete simplicity, loads of facilities etc etc etc. Yes.

They are what they are. Use them, when you're ready to grow up, get a real broker. If the odd pip shaved off here and there doesn't matter too much, stay with them and accept it's part of their business model and a cost of doing business.

Do you get the real price and real transparency with a real broker? Yes. You also pay commissions, exchange fees, data fees, platform, fees etc. If you want to trade say, ES, you but whole contracts. That's thousands of dollars margin and $50 good or bad per point for every whole contract.

By the way, getting real execution in the real market might mean getting f***ed in the ass, especially if you need to get out and there's no market to unload on. That is SCARY, believe me.

You get the fill you get. No market, no fill.

They have their pros and cons. Some people are fine in the bucket shops. Some people are better off with a broker. What the f*** is so hard about this?

Because as I have said on many occasions, CMC fills were great and now they have changed their execution parameters. I want the old parameters back, is that too much to ask? Probably. But if you adertise 0.7 spread, then unless you're delivering it regularly you are in breach of the advertising standards of this country. A fair and just description has to be abided by, like : "we offer a spread of 0.7 to 4.9 in quite times and 0.7 to 30 in more busier times or we have the right to refuse your trade as we see fit"

That's what I have a problem with, suck people in with the 0.7 plastered everywhere in huge font and not hardly deliver it, just come up with excuses of latency etc, but not let anyone test their latency, come on now, really?

But isnt that nearly what all businesses do to get you in the door,advertise prices starting from €xxx ..
You remind me of people on them airline shows ,flying with budget airlines .They moan and moan about not receiving 5 star treatment after paying a few quid for a flight.

Why dont you do what any consumer does when they are constantly not happy ,leave

But isnt that nearly what all businesses do to get you in the door,advertise prices starting from €xxx ..
You remind me of people on them airline shows ,flying with budget airlines .They moan and moan about not receiving 5 star treatment after paying a few quid for a flight.

Why dont you do what any consumer does when they are constantly not happy ,leave

So I leave and say nothing then someone else gets the same treatment. I did it years ago, they contacted me again as they wanted my business back, "Sir, we have a new platform, execution is a fraction of a second, slippage is a thing of the past, blah blah, blah, BS"

Haven't you ever stood up to anyone or anything you believed in, or do you just put your head down and walk off after getting a slap?