Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Morning Pocrel - Could you pse tell me which pivots you use, do you calculate them yourself? I have AutoPivot Indicator showing R1 as 10682 Live Charts R1 is 10689 but you show 10691! I have a pin at 9.00 but not earlier oh I am now short too. Cheers, Geoff

mine is an autopivot indicator (posted many times on the journal), which is very reliable its only off by a pip so cant complain on that and the pin would cut all those levels shown on livecharts anyway so trade away and good luck with it

yours sounds a bit off and this can be to brokers times so if your broker times are not reliable then you ned to double check the pivot levels with live charts before taking the trade

cheers

patrick

trade alerts: short dax and wti now

charts

dax.gif
wt.gif

I seem to have been lucky only trading this morning, though I also moved my stop a couple of times to save pips.
6 trades: 4 won 1 loss 1 zero total +40 full. Happy with that. Cheers Pocrel.

Hi there,

I came across this thread yesterday and have been reading with interest and liking what I have so far seen a lot. (y)

Just one question about the target price and stop. The stop is one point above / below the pin bar, so does that include the spread or are we looking at the mid-price plus the spread? And the same question for the target price - are we including the spread or are we again using the mid-price?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I am only 41 pages into the the thread and haven't seen it mentioned as yet.

Thanks.

Hi Patrick,

How's it going? Pivot points for today (Tuesday) seem very close together - must be down to bank holiday yesterday. Is it still safe to trade?

Sam.

Hi Patrick,

How's it going? Pivot points for today (Tuesday) seem very close together - must be down to bank holiday yesterday. Is it still safe to trade?

Sam.

hi sam

just back from California so not trading today, i see what you mean about the pivots and yes it is down to lack movement in the market yesterday, you really need a bit of room to move so best to leave things till tomorrow

patrick

Hi there,

I came across this thread yesterday and have been reading with interest and liking what I have so far seen a lot. (y)

Just one question about the target price and stop. The stop is one point above / below the pin bar, so does that include the spread or are we looking at the mid-price plus the spread? And the same question for the target price - are we including the spread or are we again using the mid-price?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I am only 41 pages into the the thread and haven't seen it mentioned as yet.

Thanks.

hi

as for entries please add spread when going long so +1 and spread, target will be just below pivot level (sell price will be the target at pivot line)

when going short no need to add spread for entry just -1 point lower that the pin low and your in

as for targets when short you will have to add the spread to you r target level

example : pivot is 14000 so 14001 (1 point spread )

these targets are guide lines and i would not get greedy if you are 4 points from target then no harm taking profit

Morning Pocrel, I went long on gbpusd though probably not a proper pin. What do you think? Cheers, Geoff

morning, running a bit late damn jet lag, need to get the line drawn

as for cable breaking the rules gelly a little but looks like its going well looking bullish to me