Pgi

In all the time I have been on t2w I have yet to see one of these outfits that didn't turn out to be a rip off. Sure enough a quick google search for 'regent markets scam' brings back a barrage of complaints and allegations. If you want to make extra money get a second job and forget about all these investment or daytrading schemes.

http://www.bizclaims.com/2010/11/regent-markets-pty-ltd-scam-scamscamscamscamscamscamscamscamscam/

Thank you pboylestd for your quick reply. I appreciate your effort in getting the info about this outfit and am grateful for your advice. I've read the comments of those people who had been ripped off and it's depressing and sad. However, I wrote back to them saying that I will take up their free trial offer with no commitment to buying their product even if it made me money (virtual money as I'll be using a virtual account). They accepted it and will start next week. I'll let you know about the result of this trial.
Thank you again.

Thats smart then, if you can keep us informed that would be great

Better still, how about posting their predictions every afternoon on this forum when you get them?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to do that if I had the time. Otherwise I'll do it at the end of each week.
But may I pose this question: why on earth would they risk giving a would-be client a trial for 2 weeks if they won't be able to deliver on their claims of making money week on week out?
Just curious?

Sydneysider, no-one can select an hour of a market’s trading day long before the market has even opened and then accurately predict the direction it will take. There are too many factors which come into play every trading day and have a significant influence on traders’ buying and selling decisions, which are unknown at the time the prediction is sent. Look at my post dated 24th. January.
However, if you’re curious about free trials I can give you a free trial if you want, and it’s obligation free, because I have nothing to sell you!
I’ll use the same type of indicators I believe they would use. I’ve got 2 hats, one to draw out the index to trade on, and the other to select the time the trades would start, and a shiny 20c coin to determine the direction.....heads the market rises, tails it drops!

Sydneysider, no-one can select an hour of a market’s trading day long before the market has even opened and then accurately predict the direction it will take. There are too many factors which come into play every trading day and have a significant influence on traders’ buying and selling decisions, which are unknown at the time the prediction is sent. Look at my post dated 24th. January.
However, if you’re curious about free trials I can give you a free trial if you want, and it’s obligation free, because I have nothing to sell you!
I’ll use the same type of indicators I believe they would use. I’ve got 2 hats, one to draw out the index to trade on, and the other to select the time the trades would start, and a shiny 20c coin to determine the direction.....heads the market rises, tails it drops!

Thank you Jackoo for the response, and based on my experience with trading (but not betting) different financial products i do agree with you 110%. But, using a a shiny 20c coin is only a 50-50 chance, and not 80 plus success rate they claim they can achieve. And that's my point. If they are bold enough to make such a claim, while in fact they're using a shiny 20c, why would they give anyone a chance to try them for 2 weeks knowing damn well that they won't keep up their promise? Why are they still in business in the first place? Too many gullible and foolish people around? Maybe that's why!
I don't know how others got on board with pgi or this outfit, and I find it too unbelievable if they parted with thousands of dollars without bothering to try them first and testing their claims. Anyhow I'll be doing just that myself using real money ($2) instead of a virtual account as I don't want to give them a chance for any excuse. The burning question however is: what will I do if they delivered and kept their promise of making me money?
Any help in answering this question?

Oh Sydneysider! Hey mate, the more I read your posts the more I am drawn to the conclusion that you are either extremely gullible or you’re trying to “have a lend” of the members of this forum.
I seriously suspect your posts over the last 5 days have been a thinly veiled attempt at promoting Regent Markets to the members using this forum, and I invite any members reading this [especially those who have been members for a while] to post their comments.
Despite being directed by members of this forum to search results which clearly show a history of company name and address changes over the past couple of years and the same directors linked to those companies, as well as serious allegations of impropriety by those companies and people, you continue to pursue your promotion of their “free trial”.
If I am wrong I will be happy to apologise.
So Sydneysider, I guess the ball is now in your court. If you are legitimate [and just curious] then we would all like to see you post your predictions over the period of your trial, every afternoon when you receive them, together with the trading conditions that Regent Markets wants you to follow [ie: do you trade for 1 hour and stop, or are the trading conditions different].
Then we can all make our own independent decisions.

Well I have to say it's very strange for someone to come on here asking if something looks dodgy and then when they are told it is dodgy they proceed anyway. I mean why ask in the first place? If it is some attempt to promote this regent outfit then it's very foolish and will backfire spectacularly like all the others (see London Global Investments as an example). Maybe sydneysider just thinks he knows better and has to find out for himself.

To emphasize how unpredictable the markets can be for people who profess to be able to predict their direction well before, major international stock market analysts’ predictions were way out of sync as recently as last Friday.
Let me show you 2 press releases prior to the release of last Friday’s US payrolls figures, the results of which caused a significant reaction in the markets, and the press release that followed:

Calculated Risk Finance and Economics THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 03, 2011 -- Tomorrow the BLS will release the January Employment Situation Summary at 8:30 AM ET. The consensus is for an increase of 150,000 payroll jobs in January, and for the unemployment rate to increase slightly to 9.5% (from 9.4% in December).

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) --Economists polled by MarketWatch expect nonfarm payrolls to rise 140,000 in January after a 103,000 gain in the prior month.
The extreme winter weather probably trimmed payrolls by about 75,000 jobs, economists said.
Economists project that the unemployment rate will tick higher to 9.5% after falling four tenths of a percentage point from 9.8% in November to 9.4% in December.
The Labor Department will release the nonfarm payroll data at 8:30 a.m. on Friday.

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- The U.S. unemployment rate fell unexpectedly to 9.0% in January, a 21-month low as nonfarm payrolls rose by 36,000, the Labor Department estimated Friday. The 36,000 increase in payrolls was much lower than market expectations of a 140,000 gain but the decline in the unemployment rate was unexpected. Economists had expected the jobless rate to tick higher to 9.5%.

Well I have to say it's very strange for someone to come on here asking if something looks dodgy and then when they are told it is dodgy they proceed anyway. I mean why ask in the first place? If it is some attempt to promote this regent outfit then it's very foolish and will backfire spectacularly like all the others (see London Global Investments as an example). Maybe sydneysider just thinks he knows better and has to find out for himself.

Thank you pboyles for the comment. Sarcasm away, I'm only asking, not because I'm promoting it or because I know better. But because I'm only trying to find a logical explanation for what it appears to me a contradictory situation. No more no less. I'm only curious and that's why I decided to take up their offer to try their product not to buy it. If you (mis)understood my posts as a foolish way to promote these people then I'll stop and won't post the results of this trial, starting today, as I promised previously.

Sydneysider, if you look at my previous posts I Also asked the question about regent markets. I have had a trial of their alerts. Are you receiving alerts from Pgi and if so how long have you been with them? I have been with Pgi since last may and have lost money mostly last year I think they are both very similar in the way they operate see how you go with the trial it's free so why not??

Thanks Nix35. I'm not a client of pgi, but I have had a trial with them but I made costly mistakes (wrong direction, wrong index etc) trading their alerts plus I was unable to trade all of them and was told by them that that was the reason for my overall loss during the trial period. Then I had another go and it was profitable despite this positive experience I didn't sign up after I read the comments posted on this forum.
But you didn't say how was your trial with the regent market? I tried to locate your post but couldn't.
I've just received the first alerts from them. Guess what? They sent me 11 alerts for all markets in one go? I was dumbfounded! How can one trade all these alerts? What happened if some of them go to the second or third hour and you have only 5 minutes to make up you mind and trade?
I think I should give them a ring and ask them.
Cheers!

I only traded two of their alerts at a time too hard if more, I had fair success with them two losses and not sure how many wins will check my bom account and let you know later ok. Ps if you click on my name nix35 in left hand side panel it will take you to my other posts

> 07/02/2011
> <GMT 08.30-09.30>

1. OMX-Swedish
> RISES <up>

2. MIB-Italian RISES <up>

3. ISEQ-Irish
> RISES <up>

4. IGBM-Spanish RISES <up>

5. BEL-belguim
> RISES <up>

6. Euro100
> RISES <up>

7. Euro150
> RISES <up>

8. Dutch
> RISES <up>

9. Swiss
> RISES <up>

10. Dax-German
> RISES <up>

11. Cac-French
> RISES <up>

ALL WENT THRU FIRST HOUR, I just can't believe it. I believe it only because I checked the charts and saw it with my own eyes. I was told however that this happens but not all the time because on average 2-3 trades will go to the second hour, and only one to the third hour, which is most likely will pull thru.
This is only the first day for my trial. But 11 trades all profitable in the 1st hr. Wow.

You realise those are all highly correlated. If one goes up they all go up(broadly speaking). What levels are you told to take profits and place stops at?