Pgi

Hi sydneysider
I will try to explain this the best I can. If you open a virtual account ( free to join) and practice this it might make it easier. I will use "want to win" 400, 900 & 2000 for the example. and if you relate this to my above results you will hopefully understand the bottom figure.

Your 1st hr bet is I "want to win" $400. The cost of this bet will be approx $210.62, your profit will be $189.38. If the bet looses you "double up" and "add some" for the 2nd hr. You will have lost the cost $210.62 if this bet looses.

Your 2nd hr bet will be "w2w" $900. The cost of this bet is $473.92.
Now, if the trade wins in this hour, you will win $900 minus the cost ($473.92) minus the cost/loss of your 1st hr bet ($210.62). Your profit will be $215.46....great. If it does not win you trade for the 3rd and final hr.

Your 3rd hr bet is, I "w2w" $2000. Your cost will be $1053.31. If this bet wins, you will win $2000 minus the cost (1053.31) minus the cost/loss of the 1st and 2nd hr bets (total of $1737.85) your profit will be $262.15....great if it wins in this hour.

However.....If the bet looses, you loose $1737.85.

It gets really confusing here....from the above 78 bets, the profit/loss depends on what bets won in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd hours because the profit is greater in the 3rd than in the 1st hr wins.

Example 70 1st hr wins = $13256.60 minus $13902.80 (8x 3 hr losses) = -$646.20 (loss)
70 3rd hr wins = $18350.5 minus $13902.80 = $4447.7 (profit)

As an example we will say all 70 won in the 2nd hr.
so....profit on a 2nd hr bet/win is $215.46, 70 x 215.46= $15082.2....sound good???
Now we have to take off the 8 loses (for the bets that went over 3 hrs)
8 x $1737.85 = 13902.8

profit $15082.2
Loss $13902.2

Total + $1180.00 (y)

BUT....it isn't as easy as is seems, all bets will NOT win in the 2nd hr (as per the example) you will see in my results above more won in the 1st hr than in the 2nd & 3rd put together which will have a major impoact on the profit, you WILL have to double up if it is to "close to call" and then cancel if it wins which costs you some profit, it may win and you have not cancelled your double up and it looses in the following hr which costs you more, you WILL have internet and/or BOM problems which don't allow you to double up/cancel...the list goes on. All is not as easy as it is made out to be.

In the example above we would have traded 70 2nd hr wins (140 hrs) plus the trades that went over 3 hrs, total 164 hrs for $1180.00, that is $7.19 per hr....wahoo!!!!

I hope this has given you a better understanding of it all, if you have any questions, just ask.

thank you heaps big, that's a mighty effort in explaining this confusing trading concept.
no, it's very clear, crystal clear. it proved to me that it's not worthit. $7 per hr!!! for $11k in advance?are they kidding. no way will i buy into this b. s. i feel sorry though for those who did just to end up wasting their time as well. it must hurt.:mad:

but let me ask those victims, can't they resell it to the same company for a discount? or, to individuals on ebay, for instnace?

thank you heaps big, that's a mighty effort in explaining this confusing trading concept.
no, it's very clear, crystal clear. it proved to me that it's not worthit. $7 per hr!!! for $11k in advance?are they kidding. no way will i buy into this b. s. i feel sorry though for those who did just to end up wasting their time as well. it must hurt.:mad:

but let me ask those victims, can't they resell it to the same company for a discount? or, to individuals on ebay, for instnace?

Resell back to PGI in a flash :clap:, would not resell to anyone else.

Resell back to PGI in a flash :clap:, would not resell to anyone else.

You think they would give you anything for a worthless system???
I couldn't sell this to anyone I don't know, knowing it doesn't work, I think it's called a conscience isn't it??

I couldn't sell this to anyone I don't know, knowing it doesn't work, I think it's called a conscience isn't it??

PGI think it's worth 11.5k plus:confused:
That may have been right prior to mid 2008.

Come to think of it, have we had anyone join the thread who was a PGI client prior to 2007??

you're absolutely right, big.it's indeed conscience! but what i meant is that this could be just a bad period (month? months? a year?!). as you know trading has it's good as well as bad times. i'm saying this only because if these lot are scammers how come they're still operating for all these years? why no one, i repeat no on has complained about them? we know that scams do not last long, but this company has been around for a number of years, 12 to be precise according to their website. look, i don't want to sound like am defending them, or, in the extreme, am a mole. but just wondering only. $11K is alot of money in anyone's standard, and if they sell b. s like this for this kind of money, their victims as well as the regulating authorities, asic and its alike, will be after them. this forum, and others, will be jammed with their complaints and screams. yourself big have you thought of contacting these authorities and tried to band up with other victims to do something about getting back your hard-earned cash?:(

you're absolutely right, big.it's indeed conscience! but what i meant is that this could be just a bad period (month? months? a year?!). as you know trading has it's good as well as bad times. i'm saying this only because if these lot are scammers how come they're still operating for all these years? why no one, i repeat no on has complained about them? we know that scams do not last long, but this company has been around for a number of years, 12 to be precise according to their website. look, i don't want to sound like am defending them, or, in the extreme, am a mole. but just wondering only. $11K is alot of money in anyone's standard, and if they sell b. s like this for this kind of money, their victims as well as the regulating authorities, asic and its alike, will be after them. this forum, and others, will be jammed with their complaints and screams. yourself big have you thought of contacting these authorities and tried to band up with other victims to do something about getting back your hard-earned cash?:(

"this could be just a bad period (month? months? a year?!)." how about 2.5 years.
Going for 12 years was 2.5 years ago I think.
I agree, to last that long they must have been OK. I believe there was a dramatic changed about 2.5 years ago.
Would be good to talk to earlier PGI clients.

You're right Wellsey. There was a dramatic change about 2.5 years ago...The Global Financial Crisis, which caught some of the sharpest financial minds in the world "with their pants down" and as a result they collectively lost billions!!
By your own admission prior to that time PGI’s alert results used to meet with your approval, and surely you would be aware that wild and erratic fluctuations have become more commonplace in the markets since the GFC began. That will stop as the markets stabilise, which seems to be well underway these days, with markets back at levels not seen since early 2008.

Wellsey and Bigfoot, do you have to enter each and every trade? Can't you just be more selective and trade only the alerts that have high probablity of success? Also, maybe some indices are more volatile than others, try to avoid trading them. there's a wide range of factors that should be taken into accoutn in determinng what you should do with a particualr alet: to trade it or not to trade it. Or why don't you trade the 3rd hour instead as it should be more certain to win than the first 2 hours. Or enter the 1 hr only. Plus there're several other strategies you can adopt to minimise your loss and maximise your gain.

Last edited:
You're right Wellsey. There was a dramatic change about 2.5 years ago...The Global Financial Crisis, which caught some of the sharpest financial minds in the world "with their pants down" and as a result they collectively lost billions!!

"By your own admission prior to that time PGI’s alert results used to meet with your approval, and surely you would be aware that wild and erratic fluctuations have become more commonplace in the markets since the GFC began. That will stop as the markets stabilise, which seems to be well underway these days, with markets back at levels not seen since early 2008.

Not exactly sure, but I'm sure the GFC started several months before PGI went bad.

"prior to that time PGI’s alert results used to meet with your approval, and surely you would be aware that wild and erratic fluctuations have become more commonplace in the markets since the GFC began. That will stop as the markets stabilise, which seems to be well underway these days, with markets back at levels not seen since early 2008"

Sounds like a statement (almost word for word) from PGI in an effort to cover up the facts that lead to the string of bad alert and PGI'S inability to get it right.

Last edited:
Wellsey and Bigfoot, do you have to enter each and every trade? Can't you just be more selective and trade only the alerts that have high probablity of success? Also, maybe some indices are more volatile than others, try to avoid trading them. there's a wide range of factors that should be taken into accoutn in determinng what you should do with a particualr alet: to trade it or not to trade it. Or why don't you trade the 3rd hour instead as it should be more certain to win than the first 2 hours. Or enter the 1 hr only. Plus there're several other strategies you can adopt to minimise your loss and maximise your gain.

Wellsey and Bigfoot, do you have to enter each and every trade? Why wouldn't we trust the system. Can't you just be more selective and trade only the alerts that have high probablity of success? Which ones. Also, maybe some indices are more volatile than others, try to avoid trading them. Which ones. there's a wide range of factors that should be taken into accoutn in determinng what you should do with a particualr alet: to trade it or not to trade it. What factors. Or why don't you trade the 3rd hour instead as it should be more certain to win than the first 2 hours. Or enter the 1 hr only. PGI's stratergy is supposed to ensure we always profit. Plus there're several other strategies you can adopt to minimise your loss and maximise your gain. What would they be and why have we not been told of them.

I recall that we paid PGI quite handsomely to do all that for us.

Sounds like sydneysider is pretty saavy for a newbie

Wellsey and Bigfoot, do you have to enter each and every trade? Why wouldn't we trust the system. Can't you just be more selective and trade only the alerts that have high probablity of success? Which ones. Also, maybe some indices are more volatile than others, try to avoid trading them. Which ones. there's a wide range of factors that should be taken into accoutn in determinng what you should do with a particualr alet: to trade it or not to trade it. What factors. Or why don't you trade the 3rd hour instead as it should be more certain to win than the first 2 hours. Or enter the 1 hr only. PGI's stratergy is supposed to ensure we always profit. Plus there're several other strategies you can adopt to minimise your loss and maximise your gain. What would they be and why have we not been told of them.

I recall that we paid PGI quite handsomely to do all that for us.

Sounds like sydneysider is pretty saavy for a newbie

i'm newbie for this type of trading (is it really trading or betting?),but not for other trading types like shares, cfds, forex, options. i don't mind trying trading (!) fixed odds but just not prepared to fork out thousands and thousands of dollars for no garantee whatsoever. only too much greed or too much stupidity will mak somenone do that.

i'm newbie for this type of trading (is it really trading or betting?),but not for other trading types like shares, cfds, forex, options. i don't mind trying trading (!) fixed odds but just not prepared to fork out thousands and thousands of dollars for no garantee whatsoever. only too much greed or too much stupidity will mak somenone do that.

Hi Sydney,

I to have traded shares, cfds, forex and options.

What's the difference between trading and betting?, I think the term trading is used to take away the gambling aspect. IE; Trading is when charts, indicators, lots of backers or on a roll etc', give a clue as to, the outcome of an event or what might happen ( as opposed to gambling (betting?) if a coin come up heads or tails on the first toss).

When we are trading, are we not betting, only with some clues.

Cheers.

Wellsey, that's exactly the sort of response I would expect of you. "Not exactly sure, but I'm sure..."
Do you wait for someone to knock on your door every morning to tell you the sun's up, or do you open the window to check for yourself?
Do you monitor the markets? If you don't know what the markets are doing, you should be conducting your own research...there's endless opportunities for you to do that independently via the 'net. Every savvy market trader/investor would be and should be, irrespective of who they are trading through!
Your veiled suggestion that my post is “almost word for word” the same as a PGI statement is simply baseless, and one which you obviously hope will bolster your agenda here.
I've got as much to do with PGI as you have, and like you and all PGI clients I would love it if all my alerts became successful within 3 hours of receiving them. However, unlike you if I get an alert which doesn’t succeed within PGI’s 3 hour trading strategy I don’t just spit the dummy and run to my computer to make accusations about their “inability to get it right”.
I studied the markets before I joined PGI and continue to do so. The appeal to me in joining was the opportunity to trade on the indices overall.
I place trades based on my own interpretation of the direction of the markets. When I get a PGI alert I weigh up their information together with my own analysis. I don’t trade every alert they send me, just as I don’t buy every stock that the stockbrokers I trade through suggest I should.
Wellsey, it seems clear from your posts here that with regard to PGI you have a personal agenda where you are intent on attacking them as often as possible.
If you’re unhappy why don’t you just address the problem with them directly?

Not exactly sure, but I'm sure the GFC started several months before PGI went bad.

"prior to that time PGI’s alert results used to meet with your approval, and surely you would be aware that wild and erratic fluctuations have become more commonplace in the markets since the GFC began. That will stop as the markets stabilise, which seems to be well underway these days, with markets back at levels not seen since early 2008"

Sounds like a statement (almost word for word) from PGI in an effort to cover up the facts that lead to the string of bad alert and PGI'S inability to get it right.

Jackwho; Is the shoe on the other foot and you don't like it, any regular on here can see that you are defending yourself by insulting and attacking.

Wellsey, that's exactly the sort of response I would expect of you. "Not exactly sure which month, but I'm sure..."
Do you wait for someone to knock on your door every morning to tell you the sun's up, or do you open the window to check for yourself?
Do you monitor the markets? If you don't know what the markets are doing, you should be conducting your own research...there's endless opportunities for you to do that independently via the 'net. I, like many others, I am time poor and pay for someone else to do that research. How do you manage keep up through the early hours, 2-4 am?? Every savvy market trader/investor would be and should be, irrespective of who they are trading through! Sounds like one person involved in 2 differen posts.Your veiled suggestion that my post is “almost word for word” the same as a PGI statement is simply baseless, and one which you obviously hope will bolster your agenda here. How would that bolster my agenda and what would that agenda be.I've got as much to do with PGI as you have , are you saying that we both work for PGI, Idon't have the time, and like you and all PGI clients I would love it if all my alerts became successful within 3 hours of receiving them. However, unlike you if I get an alert which doesn’t succeed within PGI’s 3 hour trading strategy I don’t just spit the dummy and run to my computer to make accusations about their “inability to get it right”.I doubt if you even trade the alerts. I studied the markets before I joined PGI and continue to do so. The appeal to me in joining was the opportunity to trade on the indices overall.
I place trades based on my own interpretation of the direction of the markets. When I get a PGI alert I weigh up their information together with my own analysis. I don’t trade every alert they send me, just as I don’t buy every stock that the stockbrokers I trade through suggest I should. Sounds like one person involved in 2 differen posts again.
Wellsey, it seems clear from your posts here that with regard to PGI you have a personal agenda where you are intent on attacking them as often as possible. I doubt if anyone else here agrees with you. If you’re unhappy why don’t you just address the problem with them directly? And get fed the usual. Didn't Jack Someone work at PGI??

Out of time, got to run.
Cheers all.

Hi Sydney,

I to have traded shares, cfds, forex and options.

What's the difference between trading and betting?, I think the term trading is used to take away the gambling aspect. IE; Trading is when charts, indicators, lots of backers or on a roll etc', give a clue as to, the outcome of an event or what might happen ( as opposed to gambling (betting?) if a coin come up heads or tails on the first toss).

When we are trading, are we not betting, only with some clues.

Cheers.

g'day wellsey,
you must have misunderstood me. i'm not making a moralistic distinction between the two types of trading as they are very similar from this perspective. they're different from a techical perspective, which was my point.
i've tried these alerts myself as i was put on a trial for a couple of weeks. i must admit my demo account was less by the end of the trial. but for fairness i would attribute that loss to my non-commitment: i would not trade all alerts, and sometimes i would not go to the 2nd or 3rd hours, and so on. but for the alerts that i traded they were winners. a couple went to the 3rd hour, and one went even to the 4th hr. if these alerts can be bought for an annual subscription i would have given them a try, but not for a lump sum like that. you're right by saying that pgi has the moral obligation to do the hard yakka for you, but sometimes, during tough times, you got to do some of that hard work yourself, if you want to make your purchase worthwhile, that's why i suggested that you could sell it to someone who's willing to do that to make a quick buck. i remember them telling me, i have to pay a monthly fees on top of the bundles of dollars that i would give them in advance. are you still paying these fees ($80?)?, and if not, are you still getting their alerts despite your non-payment? :eek:

Last edited:
g'day wellsey,
you must have misunderstood me. i'm not making a moralistic distinction between the two types of trading as they are very similar from this perspective. they're different from a techical perspective, which was my point.
i've tried these alerts myself as i was put on a trial for a couple of weeks. i must admit my demo account was less by the end of the trial. but for fairness i would attribute that loss to my non-commitment: i would not trade all alerts, and sometimes i would not go to the 2nd or 3rd hours, and so on. but for the alerts that i traded they were winners. a couple went to the 3rd hour, and one went even to the 4th hr. if these alerts can be bought for an annual subscription i would have given them a try, but not for a lump sum like that. you're right by saying that pgi has the moral obligation to do the hard yakka for you, but sometimes, during tough times, you got to do some of that hard work yourself, if you want to make your purchase worthwhile, that's why i suggested that you could sell it to someone who's willing to do that to make a quick buck. i remember them telling me, i have to pay a monthly fees on top of the bundles of dollars that i would give them in advance. are you still paying these fees ($80?)?, and if not, are you still getting their alerts despite your non-payment? :eek:

"i must admit my demo account was less by the end of the trial. but for fairness i would attribute that loss to my non-commitment: i would not trade all alerts, and sometimes i would not go to the 2nd or 3rd hours, and so on. but for the alerts that i traded they were winners. Doesn't sound right?
"but sometimes, during tough times, you got to do some of that hard work yourself," Is that you Jack??
Yes, I still pay monthly fees, do you really think PGI would continue to give alerts to a non payer?? Did you continue to receive alerts after your trial ended?