Pgi

Re: current loss/Profit

I think a lot of people would be against showing their own figures and it does not really prove a lot. Why doesn't it I hear you say.
1. Different people will trade different amounts making larger or smaller losses.
2. The figures do not show if the strategy has been followed correctly
That's the main reasons

Anyway that aside I'm not one to be shy and I have always been truthful with everything I have put forward. My figures will include alerts that I messed up, ones that I reverse bet and extras. So read into them what you will

USD acct (up to May09) -$25,318.50 USD exchange rate at the time was around .63 so it works out at AUD -$40188
AUD acct -$43,577.27

Total -$83765.27
Add to that the $16500 to get involved and it's over 100K :-0 :eek: :cry:

wow, mate just wow...:eek:

we should consider that these mistakes is part of trading which can happen to anyone, however the outcome should be profit... have you used PGI Alert for all of them?

Re: current loss/Profit

wow, mate just wow...:eek:

we should consider that these mistakes is part of trading which can happen to anyone, however the outcome should be profit... have you used PGI Alert for all of them?

As I mentioned there is a mixture but the majority is from PGI

Are the loss figures stated below loses from what you had previously won or loses from funds that you deposited into your accounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshboy1
Can everyone just mention their current loss/Profit since they joined as per profit table?

I have started trading on 01/12/09 and my current profit/loss is: -12,228.58

(I have selected 9999 in profit table).

I think a lot of people would be against showing their own figures and it does not really prove a lot. Why doesn't it I hear you say.
1. Different people will trade different amounts making larger or smaller losses.
2. The figures do not show if the strategy has been followed correctly
That's the main reasons

Anyway that aside I'm not one to be shy and I have always been truthful with everything I have put forward. My figures will include alerts that I messed up, ones that I reverse bet and extras. So read into them what you will

USD acct (up to May09) -$25,318.50 USD exchange rate at the time was around .63 so it works out at AUD -$40188
AUD acct -$43,577.27

Total -$83765.27
Add to that the $16500 to get involved and it's over 100K

My losses are all based on PGI strategy, I follow them all, maybe $1500 of loses was caused by BOM internet issue, however, I think I used their strategy for the rest. To answer your question, Yes until now I have lost 12,228.58from the money I have deposited into my account.

Everyone trades on different amount; we should see the overall result. I have traded from $50 to $700 per trade.

I ask my question again, has anyone really made any money out of the system?

Are the loss figures stated below loses from what you had previously won or loses from funds that you deposited into your accounts?
AUD acct -$43,577.27

Total -$83765.27
Add to that the $16500 to get involved and it's over 100K

That's from money deposited to the account. Nothing previous to that.
Now have about $60K on credit cards and the rest was redraw on an investment property loan.

Regarding the Autotrader... as i have have had limited activity for 7 weeks (just one trade).. I rang PGI the other week and the tech guy I spoke with said it was because their system was flawed and they were adjusting it.... i expected to see trades this last week..... still nothing....

I find it odd that the self traders are all gets alerts for your trades and the autotraders are getting no action.....says alot...does it??!!

Any other autotraders out there......

So you think this system works if we continue?

I did exactly what they said, there was 4 losses + another one yesterday French

I think there is possiblity to get loss on any market.

I just dont want to lose more! whatever ever profit I made has gone, now I am in seriuse loss.

What I have started to do (as I have lost profit too, trust me) is on French and UK I trade opposite from what the alert say. That way if it does not go on the first hour, I "win", then on the 2nd hour I trade the way the alert told me to. If i win that one, then I have won twice. But let just say I lose then I am neutral as I won one then lost one. So my 3rd trade will be only maybe $200. If i lost that, I have only lost $200 NOT $1400 if I had traded $200 all the way to the third hour. On the French on the 11th Feb I only lost $100 instead of losing $350 as I was trading $50. I did lose but not as much as I would have if i traded all the way. So far this is good for me.

What I have started to do (as I have lost profit too, trust me) is on French and UK I trade opposite from what the alert say. That way if it does not go on the first hour, I "win", then on the 2nd hour I trade the way the alert told me to. If i win that one, then I have won twice. But let just say I lose then I am neutral as I won one then lost one. So my 3rd trade will be only maybe $200. If i lost that, I have only lost $200 NOT $1400 if I had traded $200 all the way to the third hour. On the French on the 11th Feb I only lost $100 instead of losing $350 as I was trading $50. I did lose but not as much as I would have if i traded all the way. So far this is good for me.

If you read back through the thread we jhave discussed this strategy and the results. It takes a lot of the risk off a losing bet as you mention because you do not have as much rifding on the 3rd bet. We are a bit past that discussion now although it is a viable alternative trading method. The time it does not work well is when there is a run of alerts that come through in the first hour. This has happenned recently with 9 out of 11 alerts coming through in the first hour towards the end of January. That was just after a loss and after that was the 3 losses. Of course that is on all alerts not just the French and UK which incidently were 2 of the 4 losses mentioned and 6 of the 9 1st hour wins.

I am looking into slightly differrent multiples and when I crunch the figures properly will post some more alternatives with the risk/reward ratios.

Yes I have brought this up before but you know what ? I would rather lose on the 1st bet a few times instead of losing on a 3rd trade one time. Losing a trade is equivalent to losing seven 1st trades.
So far this week (last 3 days) French and UK have gone on the 2nd trade.

This for me is far safer and I only use this strategy on French and UK as they are the indices that I have lost on. The rest I hve had no problem.

Nice one...it seems you are right!

With the Blog showing results I found the following alerts that aren't in my figures. Just want to run by you guys to see if anyone can confirm them

6-Jan-10 Italian 910 Up Win 1
6-Jan-10 Dutch 1010 Up Win 1
6-Jan-10 Dutch 1310 Down Win 2
7-Jan-10 Belgium 810 Down Win 1
8-Jan-10 Swiss 1110 Down Win 2
8-Jan-10 Italian 1110 Down Win 2

There is also this one that I had recorded as a loss but they show as a win
04-Jan-10 Italian 1410 Down Lost 6 (they show as win 2)

I have only checked the Christmas trading results so far, will look atthe others later.

I will update my figures with the top ones and look to finding out about the 04Jan10 before changing that one.

Hi Lovenlust,
I'm finally had a chance to go through and update my records and check these out at the same time.

I have the 6-Jan-10 Italian 910 Up Win 1

as winning in 2 but that is minor.

The others seem to be correct except for:

I completely concur with you about

my records show that it won in 6 NOT 2

If they had that correctly as a loss they would not have been able to put this at the top of their december results:

"PGI issued a total of 41 alerts for our Index Trader Platform over the Christmas/New Year break 2009 – 2010, of which 39 were successful. This gives us a success rate of 95.12%"

It would have been more like 92% instead.

Even so, they have unfortunately not been able to duplicate even the 92% success rate since then

Well done on picking up the errors. I had seen the blog but didn't go through the results in any detail to check the accuracy. Also I note that while it mostly says '3+' for a loss, it has '4' on a couple of entries, which tend to blend in more and not stand out as losses as obviously.

I have 7 losses for jan and 5 so far for feb. They may end up sorry that they are publishing results again.

this thread is great... first post here.

Have been harassed for the last few weeks by PGI to get their package. They do sound convincing on the phone but this thread uncovers all the truth. They pride themselves of 96% wins. When I confronted them saying that it only takes 1 loss to wipe 7 wins they said that it wasn't true. When I explained the maths of it, I get an "ah yes that makes sense".

On this thread all I see is a bunch of guys encrusted in a system, where it seems like everyone lost the concept of the system i.e. make money. People here are struggling to break even, most are in red. It seems like breaking even is already a major end point.

The way I see it is, that no system will ever work with PGI and betonmarkets. They are probably pulling the same rope. Do we know if traders who were getting good wins are receiving all alerts? To many ifs and buts, and if PGI's system were that good, why should they hunt for customers?

Hi Lovenlust,
I'm finally had a chance to go through and update my records and check these out at the same time.

I have the 6-Jan-10 Italian 910 Up Win 1

as winning in 2 but that is minor.

The others seem to be correct except for:

I completely concur with you about

my records show that it won in 6 NOT 2

If they had that correctly as a loss they would not have been able to put this at the top of their december results:

"PGI issued a total of 41 alerts for our Index Trader Platform over the Christmas/New Year break 2009 – 2010, of which 39 were successful. This gives us a success rate of 95.12%"

It would have been more like 92% instead.

Even so, they have unfortunately not been able to duplicate even the 92% success rate since then

Well done on picking up the errors. I had seen the blog but didn't go through the results in any detail to check the accuracy. Also I note that while it mostly says '3+' for a loss, it has '4' on a couple of entries, which tend to blend in more and not stand out as losses as obviously.

I have 7 losses for jan and 5 so far for feb. They may end up sorry that they are publishing results again.

Hi Argento,

I double checked the results for the 4th and 6th January 2010 with our analysts. The results for the 6th Jan (Italian 910 UP Win 2) were originally posted as such on the website and our blog.

I received the following trading outcomes for the dates in question:

04 Jan 2010: Italian 14:10 GMT, DOWN
14:10 = 23464.23
15:00 = 23497.38
16:00 = 23489.24 (Successful in the second Hour)

06 Jan 2010: Italian 9:10 GMT, UP
9:10 = 23591.08
10:00 = 23532.61
11:00 = 23576.01 (Successful in the second Hour)

If you are a current PGI trader and need to clarify results etc, please do not hesitate to call customer service. If you are not a current trader with us, you are most welcome to call PGI for more information.

Best Regards, Peter Jensen (PGI)

Hi all
Below are the figures from the Italian alert that I traded on 4/01/10 . I'm not sure where the above figures (15.00, 23497.38) came from but I didn't win any money in the second hour???

14:00 GMT 23432.35
14:10 GMT 23464.23
14:20 GMT 23442.3
14:30 GMT 23431.99
14:40 GMT 23470.79
14:50 GMT 23503.71
15:00 GMT 23486.22
15:10 GMT 23488.64
15:20 GMT 23470.09
15:30 GMT 23498.76
15:40 GMT 23494.73
15:50 GMT 23498.4
16:00 GMT 23489.7

Hi Argento,

I double checked the results for the 4th and 6th January 2010 with our analysts. The results for the 6th Jan (Italian 910 UP Win 2) were originally posted as such on the website and our blog.

I received the following trading outcomes for the dates in question:

04 Jan 2010: Italian 14:10 GMT, DOWN
14:10 = 23464.23
15:00 = 23497.38
16:00 = 23489.24 (Successful in the second Hour)

06 Jan 2010: Italian 9:10 GMT, UP
9:10 = 23591.08
10:00 = 23532.61
11:00 = 23576.01 (Successful in the second Hour)

If you are a current PGI trader and need to clarify results etc, please do not hesitate to call customer service. If you are not a current trader with us, you are most welcome to call PGI for more information.

Best Regards, Peter Jensen (PGI)

Hi Peter Jensen,

I had been meaning to welcome you to the thread when you first posted. I thought it would be a great opportunity for us to get some direct feedback from PGI.

However in this instance, I will have to question your post regarding the 4 Jan alert. When I look at the figures provided by BOM I see the same as already posted by bigfoot. These do not tally at all with what you have provided.

Can you clarify for us where your analysts got these results from. Perhaps you could double check them yourself and see if they match.

Cheers

Was it just me that BOM did not allow the 3rd hour bet on last nights trades, French and German 1310. I tried placing the bet at 1450 for 1500-1600 and it said that bets were not allowed in the last 90 minutes of trading day. If that is the case again then there is a problem and it cost me badly. PGI are recording it as a win in 3 but if you cannot place the bet then how can you win. On the other side if BOM are not allowing bets in that last 90 minutes now and an alert wins during the time that you cannot bet does that then cancel the alert and you have to walk away with the loss? Had I bet again today following along with the alert it would have lost again but as I said PGI recoreded it as a win so was it just me that couldn't make the bet?

Was it just me that BOM did not allow the 3rd hour bet on last nights trades, French and German 1310. I tried placing the bet at 1450 for 1500-1600 and it said that bets were not allowed in the last 90 minutes of trading day. If that is the case again then there is a problem and it cost me badly. PGI are recording it as a win in 3 but if you cannot place the bet then how can you win. On the other side if BOM are not allowing bets in that last 90 minutes now and an alert wins during the time that you cannot bet does that then cancel the alert and you have to walk away with the loss? Had I bet again today following along with the alert it would have lost again but as I said PGI recoreded it as a win so was it just me that couldn't make the bet?

Hi,

No you weren't alone, I couldn't either. It used to be that you couldn't PLACE a bet in the last 90mins, now it seems they have changed it and you can't place a bet to START within the last 90mins.

Previously I have placed bets for the last hour right up until the 59min mark, to start at 10 past, but playing with it tonight, it seems now that you can't even place a bet at the beginning of the day to start within the last 90mins. So I think that means that to end any time in the last 90 mins, the bet has to start before 14.50 or earlier (14.40) if it is the swiss index.

If you did that in anticipation of it losing you would not be able cancel it if it suddenly won in the last 10 mins. and you would be risking losing more than you won.

Seems like a very dodgy move on the part of BOM to me.

And yes, rather difficult for pgi to claim the win in the 3rd hour if no one can actually place the 3rd hour bet.

I was already looking at the timing of the alerts and most of the dodgy alerts come later in the night, so I am no longer going to trade any of the late alerts.

This new development with BOM in the last 90mins clinches that idea for me.

The figures I have worked out so far seem that we would be in profit (at least since nov) if we just ignore the late alerts. It cuts out a lot of wins, but importantly it cuts out most of the losses.