Options Hotline

trebor625 said:
Do Anyone Have An Opinion On Steve Sarnoff And His Pulication "options Hotline"
I too am looking for info about Steve Sarnoff and Options Hotline. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

greenskeeper66 said:
I too am looking for info about Steve Sarnoff and Options Hotline. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

I got a mailing too and I have been looking for info about him from people who have actually used the system but, surprisingly if he's as well known as his publisher claims, I've found nothing. There's another thread about him here (type his name in the search box in Forums) but it's not very helpful : don't know why people make fun of people who post a genuine request for help and info which is of interest to a number of us : if they have nothing to say, they'd be better off not saying it IMHO !

Thanks for the reply Bluebelle. I agree - it is better for people to not say anything than to post abusive replies. They are just very sad people who have no life. Real losers. ANyway, I haven't heard from anyone actually using the service but did talk to someone at the company. He was actually quite honest. He said that this service would be appropriate for someone with a fair amount of experience under their belt. It's not for beginners. The main concern is that the returns posted are simply the high that the option reached during the entire period it is on the list. Well, nobody can sell at the exact high - ever! So the options you see which say 0% return are more likely -50% or whatever your stop loss is. Anything that says 30% return maybe you got out at at breakeven. The point is that there is very little guidance after the option has been recommended. He however seems to do a very good job at selecting those options that have a good chance of moving up. But you have to be an active trader, take profits aggressively and trade probably a minimum of three contracts to allow you to scale out of trades (hopefully with some profit). Keep the service in mind for when you become a seasoned options trader and are simply looking for some good candidates to trade (unless you are already there!). Me, I'm a complete newbie. I actually just signed up with VTU - Virtual Trading University. I have received excellent customer service and they have a lot of great training material. They also have an options alert service which shows and tells you what to do/what to look for. The alert service had a 400% return. They trade commodities futures and commodities options exclusively (mostly spreads for reduced risk). Check them out - they just had a big sale on new subscriptions which is over now but if you email Archie Johnson he might let you in for the special price. Hope this helps. Let me know what you do or find out.

Thanks greens. I don't mind paying if it's a good service but $750, which I think it is, is a lot to pay for something which no one seems to be using profitably. Will post if I find out more

steve sarnoff

Thks for the posts above. Chanced upon it when searching for info on Steve Sarnoff's advisory service. Sounds too gd to be true. Did you try it in the end?

The reply by greenskeeper66 was most helpful and it appears accurate. We are currently members of Options Hotline and have not been able to get into any of the trades yet for the entry price they recommend. The information we received from the publisher make us think that they have had a 100% success rate on their option picks. Knowing now that they use the highest price possible while the option is on the list also explains how they can claim such high returns. This can only be done with a paper trading system that does not have to interface with real life. Thanks alot and I am now glad that I never got into any of their recommendations.