Anyone know of Steve Sarnoff?

mindspring said:
I KNOW ALL ABOUT SARNOFF. IF YOU GO TO OPTIONXPRESS HIS SYSTEM IS "AUTOTRADED" THERE. RESULTS LOOK EXCELLENT. TROUBLE IS HE TELLS YOU WHEN TO GET IN BUT NOT WHEN TO GETOUT. HIS RESULTS ARE BASED ON THE *BEST POSSIBLE EXIT POINT* - WHICH OF COURSE NO ONE EVER GETS> FORGET ABOUT IT. THE "DOUBLING" HE TALKS ABOUT ABOVE PROBABLY HAPPENS BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU GOT OUT FOR A DOUBLE I.E. IT MIGHT DOUBLE FOR 10 MIN AND THEN FALL OFF> ANYBODY THAT DOES NOT GIVE YOU REAL ACTUAL (NOT BACKTESTED) RESULTS INCLUDING LOSSES IS NOT WORTH FOLLOWING - SARNOFF DOES NOT FULFILL THESE CRITERIA.

That is typical of most vendors who sell trading systems. They are not selling a COMPLETE system - they are only telling you about an entry signal.

An entry signal is just one small part of a trading system. A COMPLETE system involves: Setup, Entry, Stops, Exits and Position Sizing.

You do not have a trading plan if you don't know where you are getting out of the market and how much you are risking on each trade.

Thanks

Damian

I joined for 2 months and stoped. I test drove it with $1000 instead of 5K, my total lost is on the 1K for that 2 months.

zfigure1 said:
I got into Options Hotline during beginning of 2006 and got out in March or April, let me tell you guys, every one of his pick I lost money, I must have lost at least $6,000 to $7,000 dolloar on his "highly recommended" recommendations. Not one goes making a dime. DO NOT SUBSCRIBE FROM THIS DECEPTIVE SERVICE!!! Just look at his record in 2006 and see what he has to show!!!!

be wary

I initially heard about Sarnoff through Bonner's Agora newsletter on the Internet. After reading the numbers and the guarantees I wanted to know more. Always amusing how these guys expect you to read a few pages of "data" and then turn around and invest hundreds, even thousands of dollars without really fully understanding what is being offered. I sent an email attempting to get a better understanding of how his "system" worked. Got no response back. That was enough for me.

have been a subscriber to options hotline for past year.
Hugely profitable (400%) but.........you must be able to manage trades and adopt strict trading rules.
I have no links to options hotline etc but am surprised others on this thread have lost money.

My question is if all these so called experts have such track records how come they don't appear on the Forbes list of the wealthest people in the world. As long as they have been picking stock, options, future, etc. they should have surpassed Warren Buffet.

I am also looking for a legitimate investment service.

There are very few mentors out there generating profits for the subscribers, not to mention any names though ...

I only know one site ( trending123.com ) which could be potential, looks like Mr. Lansing is good at what he is doing. But be carefull, and trust only your self.

Or just leave your funds to professionals - however you will have to make some research to find the right ones. One which have performed quite well the past 18 years is prolificswiss.com

( Just make sure they are good at shorting .... )

Last edited:
Sarnoffs options hotline?

have been a subscriber to options hotline for past year.
Hugely profitable (400%) but.........you must be able to manage trades and adopt strict trading rules.
I have no links to options hotline etc but am surprised others on this thread have lost money.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you get in touch with me? Nothing major. Just wanted to ask you something.
Thanks,

[email protected]
[email protected]

New here, dropped by cos I have been back testing Sarnoff for over an year. Unless you know Ta yourself - Do not invest in his picks.

Me - I love it....with TA almost pick of his has made money. TA allows you the opp to get out yourself or at the very least with trailing stops on options (IB only in Canada here, I think) or even just mental stops.

Ove rthe past 9months, first I thought it was garbage too, but slowly I started seeing what he was doing when he exited, trouble is he doesn't explain that you do need to be well versed in TA if you are gonna win consistently.

If you don't want to spend the time to consistently read TA on each position, use mental stop or exit points.

Like taking 10-30% profit on each trade. Trust me you will be surprised how well it adds up. Discipline is key. Everyone wants to hit a homerun, hitting 4 singles will get you the same result and getting singles is lot easier than belting it out of the park.

Last edited:
I also got his advertisement. That's why I was looking him up when I found and joined this forum. I notice that there are no 2007 transactions. Seems shaky to me. I like beginner022's take. Why isn't he up there with Buffet, etc.

I'm going to have to agree with other comments that appear to be a couple of years old regarding Options Hotline and Steve Sarnoff, whoever that is, is that it sounds too good to be true. That's always my queue to dump junk mail like the letter I received into the recycle bin and hope that the paper won't be reused for junk like this!

I think I will stick with newsletters from the likes of Bernie Schaeffer who at least is well known in the options world. Whether or not his options service is any good, is not something I can answer but I hope to hear from others regarding any good options advisors.

Just joined the forum and found his business address in SAn Diego, hope this helps anyone that may want to contact him for more info.
Woodie
SARNOFF'S SAMURAI STRATEGIES INC
P.O. Box 262447
SAN DIEGO CA
92196 USA Tel: 858-679-9148
Fax: 858-679-9075
[email protected]

Ta?

Sorry for the ignorance. What's TA?

New here, dropped by cos I have been back testing Sarnoff for over an year. Unless you know Ta yourself - Do not invest in his picks.

Me - I love it....with TA almost pick of his has made money. TA allows you the opp to get out yourself or at the very least with trailing stops on options (IB only in Canada here, I think) or even just mental stops.

Ove rthe past 9months, first I thought it was garbage too, but slowly I started seeing what he was doing when he exited, trouble is he doesn't explain that you do need to be well versed in TA if you are gonna win consistently.

If you don't want to spend the time to consistently read TA on each position, use mental stop or exit points.

Like taking 10-30% profit on each trade. Trust me you will be surprised how well it adds up. Discipline is key. Everyone wants to hit a homerun, hitting 4 singles will get you the same result and getting singles is lot easier than belting it out of the park.

Technical Analysis ... evaluating potential price action based on previous price (and volume) action.

I had subscribed to his service 2 years ago.
Not very good trades.
I cancelled afer 6 months

I have monitored Steven Sarnoff (Options Online) for a few months, and I have a good opinion of him, although I don't have a track of record. Normally he is very rational and motivates each trade. So far he is the only advisor thay I more or less trust, all others have made huge blunders in this volatile crashy market, not Steven.

Anyone know how well Steve is doing now, in these even more volatile times?

well he got stuck in a few calls lately, which are mostly losing money....sorry to say so, because in general he was doing really well, probably he has underestimated the seriousness of our crisis.

On the other hand I am following Ian Cooper, he has been really on a roll lately, shorting lots of flying figs, with an extraordinary skill for timing the market. Almost all his picks lately have ended with 100% + gains in a matter of days (y) . Past performance blablabla anyway.

People,

PLEASE READ the forum thread...irrespective of Steve's capabilities, any information you are paying for is useless as it only gives you an entry point. This is like being given a car without an engine...you are better off figuring out your own entry/exit points even if it is using a crude/simple method.

Dear Curious members about Options Hotline,

I had been a subscriber to Options Hotline by S.Sarnoff about 4 years ago and I had enough and opted out after one month and I can say I can give you all an honest opinion of the trade results of O.Hotline.

Just to cut the long story short, do not subscribe to it. The published results are based on the benefit of hindsight which as live traders, we do not have that privileage. He manipulated the results of his picks by finding the highest selling price of his option picks and subtract it from the lowest entry price which was not even his recommended entry price with the benefit of hindsight. Again live traders do not have this hindsight benefit as we will never know when was the lowest price and when would be the highest price until the trade was over.

When I followed his picks the majority of trades lost money. I came to realise his deception was when one option pick lost money but he claimed it made 60+%, again that was with hindsight benefit.

Please do not believe his deceptive published results. The way to succeed in options trading is to spend time in educating yourself and learn the tricks of the trade. No gurus out there are going to make you rich by following his options picks for a monthly fee. The only one person who will get rich is the guru himself who make money out of naive traders' monthly subscription fee.

I have nothing personal against S.Sarnoff, I am only giving you all my plain honest experience as a former subscriber. I do not want anyone falling into this deception.

Profiting from options is still possible but you will have to learn it from good books and the many available option website out there but certainly not from self proclaimed gurus who claim they can make you rich by you doing nothing.