Anyone know of Steve Sarnoff?

CarlM

Hello all,

I'm new to the forums and have been a casual buy and hold trader for years. My question regards the newsletter OPTIONS HOTLINE with picks by Steve Sarnoff. Does anyone have any information on him? Is his track record as good as advertised? I keep hearing echoes of the old saying "when it looks too good to be true, it generally is". Any guidance would be appreciated.

Carl M.

http://www.agora-inc.com/reports/OHL/WOHLF218/

Never heard of him myself. Maybe he's good, who knows.

However, 2 points:

1. There is nothing there about his losses/ drawdown!!!!
2. Why's he selling the info?

Notwithstanding the above, even if you decide to go with him, you must do your own research.

I accept that I've not been trading (as opposed to investing) for long, but in the time I have been trading, I have learned what to look for in these kinds of ads and generally ignore them.

I'm sure that other more experienced people on this site would back up my statements above though.

You asked, so there you are :)

I too am looking for someone who has subscribed to his hotline and can report on its relevance. I thought the guarantee was a bit misleading. He apparently sends out one tip each week for 48 per year. The guarantee states that if 12 recommendations do not at least double, you get your money back. That, by my calculation is 25%. And for an option to double in price is not hard. Its not like a stock doubling in price.

CarlM said:
Hello all,

I'm new to the forums and have been a casual buy and hold trader for years. My question regards the newsletter OPTIONS HOTLINE with picks by Steve Sarnoff. Does anyone have any information on him? Is his track record as good as advertised? I keep hearing echoes of the old saying "when it looks too good to be true, it generally is". Any guidance would be appreciated.

Carl M.

Isn't he the guy from Baywatch?

My question is if all these so called experts have such track records how come they don't appear on the Forbes list of the wealthest people in the world. As long as they have been picking stock, options, future, etc. they should have surpassed Warren Buffet.

I am also looking for a legitimate investment service.

Earl of Sandwich maybe?

Airthrey Capital said:
.....Either that or he does a good line in Vodka.

Hmmm.....thought he invented the "Sarnie." :cheesy:

CarlM said:
Hello all,

Carl M.

I too am looking for more info on Steve Sarnoff and Options Hotline. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

My Question is This:

How come there are Not One, Not Two, BUT THREE virgin posts on this thread already?

salltbtch said:
My Question is This:

How come there are Not One, Not Two, BUT THREE virgin posts on this thread already?

I guess there are a few people like me who are interested in great returns. When we stumble upon a website or a service we try and do our due diligence to see if the opportunities are real or are grossly exaggerated. Problem is, still no one has any info on the service Options Hotline! Please respond if you do. Thanks.

Ah come on sweetie!
Its not possible to find this many virgins in one place by complete accident!!!!
x

CarlM said:
Hello all,

Carl M.

I met Steve 2 years ago at an option seminar and was able to spend about an hour of one on one time with him. We took a bus over to the Chicago exchange together. He is a great guy, solid, smart, and honest. And don't forget who his dad was, an option's legend.

That said, when they calculate his winners, they take the very top of his options runs and use those as the best possible outcome. The problem is nobody can time the market at the very top. Especially with options. So in theory, if you can time the top of the markets, his wins are truly spectacular. But as he himself told me, don't try to do that. Have a preset winning percentage in mind and take that everytime and don't look back. Steve said he has some players who cash out at 25% and others who take it to 75 or 100%. You have to decide for yourself.

You can do very well with Steve, just don't get greedy or stupid.

mindsong

Edventurus said:
I too am looking for someone who has subscribed to his hotline and can report on its relevance. I thought the guarantee was a bit misleading. He apparently sends out one tip each week for 48 per year. The guarantee states that if 12 recommendations do not at least double, you get your money back. That, by my calculation is 25%. And for an option to double in price is not hard. Its not like a stock doubling in price.

I KNOW ALL ABOUT SARNOFF. IF YOU GO TO OPTIONXPRESS HIS SYSTEM IS "AUTOTRADED" THERE. RESULTS LOOK EXCELLENT. TROUBLE IS HE TELLS YOU WHEN TO GET IN BUT NOT WHEN TO GETOUT. HIS RESULTS ARE BASED ON THE *BEST POSSIBLE EXIT POINT* - WHICH OF COURSE NO ONE EVER GETS> FORGET ABOUT IT. THE "DOUBLING" HE TALKS ABOUT ABOVE PROBABLY HAPPENS BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU GOT OUT FOR A DOUBLE I.E. IT MIGHT DOUBLE FOR 10 MIN AND THEN FALL OFF> ANYBODY THAT DOES NOT GIVE YOU REAL ACTUAL (NOT BACKTESTED) RESULTS INCLUDING LOSSES IS NOT WORTH FOLLOWING - SARNOFF DOES NOT FULFILL THESE CRITERIA.

Options Hotline Sucks

I got into Options Hotline during beginning of 2006 and got out in March or April, let me tell you guys, every one of his pick I lost money, I must have lost at least $6,000 to $7,000 dolloar on his "highly recommended" recommendations. Not one goes making a dime. DO NOT SUBSCRIBE FROM THIS DECEPTIVE SERVICE!!! Just look at his record in 2006 and see what he has to show!!!!

CarlM said:
Hello all,

Carl M.

Finally...An "Options Hotline" USER!!!

I subscribe to 3 (Of the Cheaper $49-$99US/year) Agora Publications. Outstanding Investments, Strategic Investments, & True Wealth (Stansberry & Associates, a subdivision of Agora). I like the Daily emails on Market Conditions, the Humor, & the General Investment Worldwide "Sentiment", etc. I am New to trading (Just got back in about 8 Months ago) and through their direct advice am up about 12% (Not much better than the DOW for this period, but better than being 12% Down!) along with a Nice Amount of Gold & Silver Direct Holdings. I am NOT Diversified at all. I'm Mainly into Mining/Metal & Energy (I work in the Oil & Gas Industry at the Drilling sites - Many Years), with a few Speculative equities I find occasionally that have done quite well (Patent Infringements - SOLM, Possible New Oil Discoveries - DPTR, etc.).

Now, to the "Options Hotline"......I just finished reading another of Sarnoff's Mailings & was Sooooooo close to signing up. TG I did some web research and found someone HERE that has used his hotline. I am a newbie here and see MANY UK Members. Some Great advice thus far from "Newtron Bomb" & Chartman"....to name just a couple......for Their Basic Theory and Knowledge of Trading.

I'll keep tuned here, as this website looks to be quite useful. :LOL: :LOL:

Robert
Spring, Texas

(Ripley: “I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.”)

" I got into Options Hotline during beginning of 2006 and got out in March or April, let me tell you guys, every one of his pick I lost money, I must have lost at least $6,000 to $7,000 dolloar on his "highly recommended" recommendations. Not one goes making a dime. DO NOT SUBSCRIBE FROM THIS DECEPTIVE SERVICE!!! Just look at his record in 2006 and see what he has to show!!!!"