No real qualifications. Not much experience. Do i have a chance getting into a prop?

Accurately? :-0

The way they'd want you to do it, I think is 1589 x 271 = (15 * 27 * 10) + 15 + (10 * 9 * 27) -271 + 1589. Which is a bit easier when you think about it.

Although why you would need to multiply numbers like that together I dunno really... not sure these tests are that important so long as you're reasonably good with figures.

Im gna just be honest,
I have no real qualifications (8GCSEs 3Bs/3Cs/2Ds, am doing my A-levels which when i finish college in a few weeks will have either 2 Cs 1B/2Cs 1D/ or 3Cs, this is in law and 'travel & tourism double award'.

Your grades are good enough to get into Uni, which will open up many more doors than you can imagine both now and in the future.

However, if Uni isn't for you (and it isn't for everyone, doesn't matter how smart they are or aren't), then maybe have a look at taking some courses on through the Open University??

You needn't take on a whole bunch of courses, just "eat the elephant" one at a time - will probably take as much time as a weekend bar job spread out over the week.

Any potential employer (in this case, a prop firm) is more likely to take you seriously if you've done some introductory economics / maths (which needn't be the difficult stuff) to supplement your application. It will prove your determination, keep your mind sharp, and you can fit it around all the other things (watching the markets, spending time w/ GF etc..).

Hell you might even learn something that will help you trade.

good luck to you buddy

hi
at the very least i would recomend you are learning everything you can on the markets, this doesnt mean just how to trade, but whats affecting what, reading the ft every day etc etc, learn the mental side of trading etc etc, if you want to get into Prop-idol you need to start eating, sh!tting and sleeping with the markets, ask Dante about keeping a laptop next to the bed to check prices !
you say it would be unfair to your girlfriend to do the police thing, Prop trading will be equally unfair,
your girlfriend will need to be behind you 100% and if she isnt but you really, and i do mean really want it, then let her go and crack on
if you want this you can do it, but you wont stand a chance if you go at it half tilt
The one thing that comes across more than anything at Prop houses is the Passion, i dont mean passion for cash, i mean passion for the markets, we really do live for it, i am up at 5:15 everday, and i am home still working now, writing notes, working on improving tomorrow etc etc
i am not going to tell you who to apply to as that would be biased but we all know the best prop shop is in Woking :)

The way they'd want you to do it, I think is 1589 x 271 = (15 * 27 * 10) + 15 + (10 * 9 * 27) -271 + 1589. Which is a bit easier when you think about it.

Although why you would need to multiply numbers like that together I dunno really... not sure these tests are that important so long as you're reasonably good with figures.

Ever heard of Vedic mathematics?

Worth a look.

.::Vedic Mathematics::.

........The one thing that comes across more than anything at Prop houses is the Passion, i dont mean passion for cash, i mean passion for the markets, we really do live for it, i am up at 5:15 everday, and i am home still working now, writing notes, working on improving tomorrow etc etc

)

Got to hand it to you Pro guys - you well describe why so few people can do your job successfully. I've seen this level of dedication in other fields and you're right - "it don't come easy" !

Its very nice to know that you have been running businesses at such an age. Keep up the good work. Good luck,
*wishes i had muscles too* IV been trading for 3 years now in futures and stocks mainly, im ur age ,turned 19 about 3 days ago.(my member name is a giveaway huh?)

MJ--

A touch of realism.. I think you haven't got the right stuff for the job you seek. You say you do not have any qualifications that involves using your brain. Reading isn't your thing. Math probably even less. All of these traits have to be YOU..

Take this example. Would Mr. Warren Buffett be accepted as a professional wrestler? ...A Power lifter? ...A Navy seal?

I'm not trying to make a fool out of you. I'm just being realistic and save you the time and disappointment of being turned down. After reading this thread I have to admit that I wouldn't hire you. Chances are, others wouldn't hire you either unless you get lucky and pulled of the street by two guys in a rolls, having a bet against each other for a dollar to make you the next hotshot trader on Wall Street. If you know what I'm talking about, maybe you could be up for it after all. I would be pleasantly surprised if you could tell me if this ever happened for real or not. You see, knowledge can do lots of things, like entertaining you.

Then again, if after a hard days work you romantically ask your fiance for some TLC with "make my day, punk".... a question has be answered.

Good luck

honestly, at this point I seriously doubt you will even get an interview, demo accounts are not enough especially without the academic background that will at least show off your potential. That's not to say that it can't be done but your chances of getting into a prop shop at the moment are pretty slim.
If I was you, I would do one of two things......
1) go to uni (it doesn't have to be the best uni but do your damnedest to come out with a 2:1), do something at least half related....i.e has some kind of maths or economics content, start running a small account and see how you fair (paper trading is nothing when you pyschologically know at the back of your mind that this is actually costing you nothing), when you graduate you will be 3 years older and wiser with the academic back-up that if all else goes to ****, you can find something else.
2) if you can't do the uni route then personally I think you would need to show that you are committed to a career change....you need something to differentiate you from the crowd so at least do your IMC or SII exams (securities and derivatives)...you will not actually need it to become a trader since prop traders do not need to be FSA registered but it will speak volumes for your commitment. Start running a real account with an online company and become consistent over several months. By this time, you will hopefully have passed your exams and already you will be much more marketable to a prop firm. BTW although you don't really need outstanding maths to become an outstanding trader, your level of maths will have to be decent if you have to sit a test. It is unlikely you will have to answer 1589x271 in 10 secs but it will probably be a series of 60-80 questions to be answered in 8-10 mins such as 2/7 / 1/15 = a) 27/7 b) 28/7 c) 29/7 d) 30/7. etc etc

I actually did number 1 minus the account trading and I didn't graduate until I was 24 so it can definitely be done!

anyway, remember one thing......it's not where you start, it's where you finish so yeah you haven't got the ideal background but i'm sure as a barrow boy, philip green didn't either before he became a multi billionaire!! there's always an element of luck involved but it's no coincidence that the most successful people seem to be in the right place at the right time.....I think a pretty clever bloke once said genius is 90% perspiration and 10% inspiration......and there endth my lesson!!