Nikkei Lookin' Good?

Japan will be one of the jumbo trades of the New Year - we just need patience!

Just done some checking and January has often provided some significant volatility in Japan.
It's not uncommon to have monthly range of 1000pts....... in fact there's a good chance of it...
The lowest price range for Jan in recent times was 2005 when it was sub 400... Last year with Livedoor fiasco the range was over 1500...and in the past the range has been even higher!!!!

This may not be a January phenomenon but it seems interesting....... as we continue to move higher :LOL:

Nikkei hit 17465 new swing highs in US sesh and now at 17300 .......... down but still above the close on Friday. What we now want is a rally into the close to make the Nikkei really attractive again..... but already bagged 80pts ..... !

This jumbo trade is looking good.........

Hook Shot said:
Nikkei hit 17465 new swing highs in US sesh and now at 17300 .......... down but still above the close on Friday. What we now want is a rally into the close to make the Nikkei really attractive again..... but already bagged 80pts ..... !

This jumbo trade is looking good.........
hahahah
beat you bagged 90 pts part covered will hold and add once the trend is established

Mr Can, I didn't think you were paying attention ........not properly anyway... Well done Sir.
More to come me thinks .... much more.
In fact Asia-Pac is looking ripe but I'm "feeling" the N225 more having tracked it for a bit.

The Hookster

Hook Shot said:
Mr Can, I didn't think you were paying attention ........not properly anyway... Well done Sir.
More to come me thinks .... much more.
In fact Asia-Pac is looking ripe but I'm "feeling" the N225 more having tracked it for a bit.

The Hookster

HS
fully aware my friend taking it a little easy but still fingers in the pie so to speak

Night shift should be interesting!!!! It's not unknown for N225 to have a blowout on first day back.

Daily range 281/225 - was pretty small at 56pts..... which hints at some sort of range expansion early next week.

Nikkei gaps to new swing highs ...........as it explodes out of the insider on Friday 29th...
Just what the doctor ordered.........17341 hi so far (compared with 17465 in US sesh...)

So far ....only marginal swing highs ..............!!!!

Can the bullishness hold..... in this shortened trading sesh ?

Nikkei range 17379/315 closing at 353......... gap up holds nicely.....but will whallop in Hang Seng and Oz matter ?

Still below 17600.... and that's our next watch zone if this gapper has legs.

I believe...the odds still favour the bears in the near term.....within first half of Jan.

Nikkei chart

Attachments

• Nikkei daily 040107.JPG
    Nikkei daily 040107.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 175
Cheers Catracho.

Amidst gathering bearishness on equities... do remember N225 is currently less than 50pts from today's swing highs....

Making dough just doesn't get any easier than this......... hope the other Samurai's are coining it too...

What's more we haven't really got started.

Hook Shot said:
Making dough just doesn't get any easier than this......... hope the other Samurai's are coining it too...

What's more we haven't really got started.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

You've got to hand it to Nikki back again for another beating.......... too brave for it's own good!

Unless it knows something that I don't......

Hook Shot said:
You've got to hand it to Nikki back again for another beating.......... too brave for it's own good!

Unless it knows something that I don't......

topping action maybe, it seems lately the bulls in general are hanging on a little longer and a little stronger than most anticipate check out euro cool topping action a whole month holding the highs once that puppy drops it should be fun

As we enter the final hour Nikkei projecting New Highs once again above 17380 .....but Dow is teasing rez so we'll see....

Pat494 said:
The great thing imho about the Nikkei is that in Europe one can put ones EOD bet on and wake up in the morning to see if one has made a profit. No tinkering mid-stream !

OMG - I was wittering on about final hour of us sesh....anyway went short at the close in US @ 17375 with stop......and just woke up ........ to find ............ I'm sure you can imagine what :!: :!: :!:
It didn't even touch the sides on the way down.........

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: - Three FAB days on N225.........

Now banked the lot ...... can always go back in my watchpoint is 17150 intraday on bounces.

Now I want to look at OIL ..........bleeding must stop at some stage...........

Last edited:
Hook Shot said:
OMG - I was wittering on about final hour of us sesh....anyway went short at the close in US @ 17375 with stop......and just woke up ........ to find ............ I'm sure you can imagine what :!: :!: :!:
It didn't even touch the sides on the way down.........

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: - Three FAB days on N225.........

Now banked the lot ...... can always go back in my watchpoint is 17150 intraday on bounces.

Now I want to look at OIL ..........bleeding must stop at some stage...........
the party is just getting started

my watchpoint is 17150 intraday on bounces.

I WANT the Nikkei to go up strongly giving me confidence to play short.
The higher it rises the more confident I become on playing short side.

We still have not seen 17550-650 zone .... which is what I'm really looking for to put my toe in the water again.

As hinted above - if the 17150 still holds us back at end of Tokyo trade then it might be a place to put your stop for short trades but whilst that might be profitable - It's not what I want.....

I'm becoming more selective about which balls to play and which ones to leave alone..... that's a good sign for me ............ this normally happens when I'm hitting the ball well and not tempted to follow wide deliveries outside off stump!

Apologies to those traders who are not into cricket......... but I'm sure you get the drift anyhow... :p

Taking what the market gives you ....

I want I want I want.............. in the end just played is as it came :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wed was good day ... but mostly because of the the downdraft in Tokyo... when it falls it falls none of this p****** about!

Last week, I reckoned the N225 would give us a 1000pt range for Jan and still do ...so far less than 600.
Which probably means new highs or new swing lows - teehee.

We've had 3 down days in this counter trend ....... and thanks to volatility we have been able to make money shorting either in US session or just prior to the market open as prices lose their nerve. It's been a good game but is it about to change ?

Sadly, can't answer that one .... but I can say that I still prefer the downside ...... which really means I want the market to rise nearer the 17379 swing highs (I've abandoned the 17600 for now) or a failed rally early in tokyo sesh which tests the downside....sub 16900 ideally.

What would I prefer ? Ideally a trend day up into the close so I can get some sleep - I'm absolutely whacked but by staying awake I've managed to get 07 off to a flyer... and I'm well ahead of my target.

What's the scope for Thursday.. ?

At a GUESS

Max Bull - test f 17379 highs which would make for a short before the end of the week - unlikely.
Likely Bull - test of the Wed highs around 17200 or slightly less....

Max Bear - 16500/50 - optimistic , assuming no "really bad" news coming out of left field
Lilkely Bear - test of the 16750 swing lows of late 06

I 'm hoping for a decent bounce ..... so this japanese-bear can take a break .... but I fear another feeble bounce which fizzles - meaning I may be tempted to stay awake again.
It's not about being greedy (imo) its just that Winning can become addictive...

Go on lads/lasses PLEASE push the Nikkei up a few hundred on thursday ..just for old time's sake!