Nikkei 225 BELOW !!! Dow Jones

HotSpot was part of Tavistock group... went for about $80m IIRC (hotspot that is)...

.. dunno what else is part of Tavistock, or even if it's anything to do with this Lewis chap.

No idea at all where this is going to end, where will this end tonight, bounce, straight line on down ?!?!

bounces ... yes ... but ... as no shorts around and everybody tries to unwind ... and Monday holiday in Japan and US has Columbus Day ... AUTSCH

Oh God, thats a good point Carlos...

Scary point, better word...

I swear you can make money fading CNBC. As soon as they say "Indices across the board are declining sharply...with no floor beneath them..." there comes a vigorous rally. The minute they start saying "we are seeing some buying come in here...equities off their worse levels..." and the markets turn and sh*t out again. I mean, I'm not even being lighthearted here. You can actually make money doing this.

HotSpot was part of Tavistock group... went for about $80m IIRC (hotspot that is)...

.. dunno what else is part of Tavistock, or even if it's anything to do with this Lewis chap.

I think at some point hotspot were bragging about having him onboard as a venture capitalist who seeded them, that disappeared from their web site later, probably when he sold his stakes and moved on.

I swear you can make money fading CNBC. As soon as they say "Indices across the board are declining sharply...with no floor beneath them..." there comes a vigorous rally. The minute they start saying "we are seeing some buying come in here...equities off their worse levels..." and the markets turn and sh*t out again. I mean, I'm not even being lighthearted here. You can actually make money doing this.

you mean I should switch off Shaun the Sheep???? :cry: (man that cracks me up).

NB: I will stick my neck out and say that indicies are going to rally into the weekend. But don't all go paying any attention to me.

you mean I should switch off Shaun the Sheep???? :cry: (man that cracks me up).

NB: I will stick my neck out and say that indicies are going to rally into the weekend. But don't all go paying any attention to me.

In 25 mins ...we should have the answer...if 4070 ftse cash is broken ...upside possible delivery of some 250 points

Looks like we might be gap filling a bit.

Small long, me.

Rumour that the SEC bans ALL SHORT SELLING ... only rumour ...

this makes it bounce ... technically ... we should retest in the afternoon ... take care ...

Rumour that the SEC bans ALL SHORT SELLING ... only rumour ...

this makes it bounce ... technically ... we should retest in the afternoon ... take care ...

Looks like, they only extend the old rule until 17th ... as originally planned

I'm with ya Andy, lets go gap filling :)

Btw, first time I'm in the FTSE, but that gap, that gap, magic attraction.

SL @ 4035

SL @ 4035

Hmmm ... I am shorting the spikes and everybody around wants the Gap close???

I hope, you stick to your RULES!!! :eek:

my "long equities" is not so much a technical view...

1) I am bearish on Bonds

2) It's clear this is panic. The Big Guns in the UK and US can see that. IMO, there will be concerted buying by big money in order to stem the tide, and bring a little calm back into the markets - we cant keep having falls in Asia -> Europe -> US ad infinitum (well, we can, but IMO there will be some Old boys around that can see someone has to step in). Ergo, Big money to buy into equities, with the aim being to reverse losses in the US before the close.

Splits post from last night, missed by many I think

//http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UC31Oudc5Bg&eurl=http://www.trade2win.com/boards/news-current-affairs/41102-how-happened.html

Good post Split

a classic

Reactions: BSD
spoof order :)

SL @ 4035

Spoof order pulled :)

your on your own mate

good luck :clover:

have a good weekend

Andy

Thanks you too Andy, enjoy.

Don't forget, LONG weekend, monday off as Carlos said, holiday in Japan, Columbus day in US.

:)