Nexus by Steve Copan

Hi,
There are many methods available where to enter and where to exit ! My point was that it was not the worth of the price. Especially when it was written by someone like Steve Copan. I expected my much better work for that kind of a price. That's where I felt like ripped off. Obviously traders like to make money by selling this kind of method rather than actually trading the same.
mkhegde

Your feelings, I guess; but keep in mind that it took all of two trades to repay the book costs!
Never happened to me before, you know.

Eduardo.:)

Good Joke..:LOL:
Steve knows like market, his book price also has a retracement trying to get last few bucks as quickly as possible..!!

Now all I need to do is find some cheap decent software which shows EOD data and allows one to place Fibonnaci levels over bar charts as well as providing stochastics. Unfortunately Steve Copan uses Dynamic Trader to demonstrate all his examples and this costs $1700!

Any ideas?

prorealtime.com

Your feelings, I guess; but keep in mind that it took all of two trades to repay the book costs!
Never happened to me before, you know.

Eduardo.:)

Hi,

I just bought it off ebay for the £99.00 (plus postage etc). So I've read it, the techniques look ok and I plan to try it. My only concern is being filled at the right level. Interested to know how you achieved that because often the SB may open up or down and at varience with the closing price of the EOD.

Grateful for any advice.

Ian

Hi,

I just bought it off ebay for the £99.00 (plus postage etc). So I've read it, the techniques look ok and I plan to try it. My only concern is being filled at the right level. Interested to know how you achieved that because often the SB may open up or down and at varience with the closing price of the EOD.

Grateful for any advice.

Ian

damn! I was watching that one. was that the one that started with a bid of £2, then jumped to £80 and then up? (I think it got relisted as well)

hopefully you can provide some trades that you took with it.
have you done any backtesting to get a feel for its expectancy figures? *

good luck with it.

* EDIT: just read you "only just" bought it!!

damn! I was watching that one. was that the one that started with a bid of £2, then jumped to £80 and then up? (I think it got relisted as well)

hopefully you can provide some trades that you took with it.
have you done any backtesting to get a feel for its expectancy figures? *

good luck with it.

* EDIT: just read you "only just" bought it!!

Hi,

"just" is not quite accurate - I was the only bidder. It was relisted I think but as far as I was concerned the reserve was £99 and no one else stepped in. I received the book two days ago - great service - I intend to trade it after a holiday break and after I've read it in detail. I will happily report back on this list with results. Last Friday posted a EOD bar on the ftse with a stochastic fitting the criteria for a trade. Assuming a fill at the right level the next day would have resulted in a profit - for those Matrix followers it might even be a turn... however that was a reason for my question, can I set the price at the level of the EOD. Suppose I will find out. Anyway not done any backtesting yet. :smart:

so, its been 2 months since I started this thread.

anyone willing to share their experiences?

is anyone getting at least 1,000 pips per FX chart per month?
if so, over how many trades, and how long do the trades typically last?
what are the stop-losses like?

so, Nexus is now "Buy It Now" on ebay for £30, plus about £3 for postage.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEXUS-simple-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item3ca7d8e1de

a better price for such a book.

also, some time has passed, and wonder if previous buyers can now give a meaningful overview of their experiences of this nexus malarkey.
in all honesty, I have gone off it, as my own rule-set seems to be occupying my time.

if it drops to about £15, I might buy it just to add to my collection.

The two systems are very basic, One being based on stochs oversold and overbought and divergence levels. Another based on inside bar trading. The system recommends two trades on each signals 1 lot with risk:reward of 2:1 and 1lot with risk:reward 1:1. So, its high probability setup and mostly works.
I trade the major currency pairs with this system. I typically get 2-5 signals per week.
Over the last 2 months, I have had 25 signals resulting in 45 trades. I risk 3% per trade and don't compound given my high capital. Am up 82.5%
So far, it has been a profitable experience. Also a quick eyeballing the charts, one can see that the system has very low drawdowns.

anyone else willing to share the findings on NEXUS ? Am I the only one tho is still trading with this method?

anyone else willing to share the findings on NEXUS ? Am I the only one tho is still trading with this method?

Hi Currencytunes,

I did some testing on GBPUSD using the ISD system (the one without stochastics). I tested from Jan to July 2009. I did plan to test the whole of 2009 but I stopped for 2 reasons:

1. It was taking too long
2. The results were showing a little better than breakeven - no huge drawdowns, but not consistently profitable like S&P500

I was using 17:00 EST as the EOD time for GBPUSD.

If you Private Message me, I'll be happy to share with you the detailed results and some of the further testing I am carrying out.

Your results are quiet different from what I have experienced. May be because you stuck to only one currency pair and only one method. I use nexus methos on all major pairs and use both the nexsus methos. Since my last update, am up another 55%. I am planning to share trades live when I enter order. But paucity of time...........

Tony,
I understand your problem completely. My aunt is a (retired) professor of history and has written extensively about her period of expertise (French medieval history). Even in the world of academia, her publishers put all kinds of constraints on her that she found intolerable. In your case, how about self publishing? At least that way the book will be exactly as you want it. You could possibly sell it through T2W - you're bound to at least get your money back - even if you don't make a huge profit? It's just a thought. I've no way of knowing for certain just how good a trader you are Tony but, without doubt, you're a sublime writer. I'd certainly buy a copy!
Tim.

The other option you have is to work with a financial publisher who would help with editorial and marketing. I've seen products that teach you how to do this but a simple joint venture may be the easiest way to online riches. Anyway i just spoke to an old friend who in the publishing world and he reckons Nexus will be on sale by next month (probably by the usual suspects - Agora Lifestyles or Streetwise) and a trial is being offered too. So eBay or not i'll grab a copy because i like Steve's crazy appraoch but will make use of the money back guarantee if it fails to impress.

Your results are quiet different from what I have experienced. May be because you stuck to only one currency pair and only one method. I use nexus methos on all major pairs and use both the nexsus methos. Since my last update, am up another 55%. I am planning to share trades live when I enter order. But paucity of time...........

Thanks. Would be very interested in you sharing live trades or even historical sample results when you get the opportunity. I know - we're all short of time these days!

As an example, today am looking to short AUDUSD on break of yesterday's low as per the divergence on the stochs. Also, looking to long USDCAD on break of yday high as the stochs are now oversold.
And am already short GBP/USD at 1.5030 as per the divergence in stochs.
Will update once the trades are through

Last edited:
As an example, today am looking to short AUDUSD on break of yesterday's low as per the divergence on the stochs. Also, looking to long USDCAD on break of yday high as the stochs are now oversold.
And am already short GBP/USD at 1.5030 as per the divergence in stochs.
Will update once the trades are through

Just to confirm, are you using Daily Bars? Or another time frame?

And am I correct to assume you're using the settings as per the book: 90/10 levels, 13/3/3 setting?

Why did this thread die a death? I have been trading this system for a few weeks on lots on indecies and FXs. Am down at the moment - just stay clear of Hong Kong is my new motto....

Hi,
No wonder, like his book, this thread died as well !! I saw somewhere he is releasing the same in a different format and a different name to make some more money by selling the book.
Stocks and indices have different personalities than that of forex. Everyone wants market to go up.. and hence you can buy indices when they are oversold and higher than the previous day's high.. close of after couple of days you will make money. however same may not applicable to forex..