Nexus by Steve Copan

And a good one ;) Now, I am looking into interesting views on trading and willing to pay for them ;) So, I thikn I will get a copy ;) At least not a lot of people jumped up and cried "scam" as happens often here ;)

I bought the book and it looks legitimate rather than a scam. The trading strategies are simple and one won't be placing trades anything more than a couple of times a week.

However what I find useful is that one is walked through each trade step by step, and are shown exactly where to open, close as well as the stop loss price. For me it's ideal. I can use the method to analyse the EOD data and then place the setups as required. After that I can forget about the trade and concentrate on my day job instead.

Now all I need to do is find some cheap decent software which shows EOD data and allows one to place Fibonnaci levels over bar charts as well as providing stochastics. Unfortunately Steve Copan uses Dynamic Trader to demonstrate all his examples and this costs $1700!

Any ideas?

I bought the book and it looks legitimate rather than a scam. The trading strategies are simple and one won't be placing trades anything more than a couple of times a week.

However what I find useful is that one is walked through each trade step by step, and are shown exactly where to open, close as well as the stop loss price. For me it's ideal. I can use the method to analyse the EOD data and then place the setups as required. After that I can forget about the trade and concentrate on my day job instead.

Now all I need to do is find some cheap decent software which shows EOD data and allows one to place Fibonnaci levels over bar charts as well as providing stochastics. Unfortunately Steve Copan uses Dynamic Trader to demonstrate all his examples and this costs $1700!

Any ideas?

You could use a spreadsheet and download the data from the web for free; however, if you want quality data you need to pay for it - try ADVFN for example.
Sharescope is among the cheapest; also e-signal offers some end of day data for £25 a month I think along with a 30 days trial.
Hope this helps.

Eduardo.:)

Oh, another question. Anyone tired running the methods intraday? Should that work? Like - on an hourly scale?

;) I understand why Steve did not do that (easy of use etc.), but for us more active.... it may be nice to have a "more signal" alternative ;) Well, if not - there still arep lenty of methods around ;)

Oh, another question. Anyone tired running the methods intraday? Should that work? Like - on an hourly scale?

;) I understand why Steve did not do that (easy of use etc.), but for us more active.... it may be nice to have a "more signal" alternative ;) Well, if not - there still arep lenty of methods around ;)
Did you not read the blurb on this? Before you paid for it?

Well, I did read... that it is done on daily signals. It says so ;) But that does not stop one from trying ;)

See, I buy it mostly because I am in a "collecting wisdom" phase. Enough people here said it sounds valid to make it a good purchase for me - an interesting read, and at least good ideas ;)

The website says it uses daily signals - for ease of use. But that does not mean it absolutly does not have to work on a more granular scale ;)

That said, even if not - I am more behind getting inspiration and adding some more strategies to my mix, so... as long as it works and is a good (read this as "interesting") read... I will be satisfied.

Any ideas?

You could also use Pro Realtime EOD, it's free (for now!) and also offers the type of data you need to trade the Nexus techniques (look under CME e-minis, S&P500).

You could use a spreadsheet and download the data from the web for free; however, if you want quality data you need to pay for it - try ADVFN for example.
Sharescope is among the cheapest; also e-signal offers some end of day data for £25 a month I think along with a 30 days trial.
Hope this helps.

Hi Eduardo

Many thanks for taking the time to respond and for providing the info. I'll check out those providers and see if they meet my charting requirements.

Regards

Susan

You could also use Pro Realtime EOD, it's free (for now!) and also offers the type of data you need to trade the Nexus techniques (look under CME e-minis, S&P500).

Hi Eduardo,

You're spot on with ProRealTime and it does provide all the indicators required for NEXUS. Now I just need to work out how to get all the indicators onto one bar chart!

Cheers

Susan

Hi Eduardo,

You're spot on with ProRealTime and it does provide all the indicators required for NEXUS. Now I just need to work out how to get all the indicators onto one bar chart!

Cheers

Susan
Hi Susan,

Download the manual for the work station, it's a PDF file; everything is explained there.
Good luck.

I have read the book, it is very simple to understand, and shows 2 techniques that do seem to work really well, it was nice to read a book that was so easy to understand, so effective, and didnt require hours of study every day or some additional software. I am really pleased with the system and made some profitable trades already, well worth the money imho

Nick, you market Steve’s stuff on ebay (presumably on behalf of Steve as you've shifted so many copies) so I think your comments should be taken with that bias made clear otherwise admin might consider you are falling foul of the site guidelines on commercial advertising.

Nick, you market Steve’s stuff on ebay (presumably on behalf of Steve as you've shifted so many copies) so I think your comments should be taken with that bias made clear otherwise admin might consider you are falling foul of the site guidelines on commercial advertising.

Bramble, yes I have sold matrix and indeed welles wilders delta phenomenon book also, however my comments remain, but I note your point.

I am trying to get the seond system working since yesterday and I must say... At least this one is not so easy to CODE (for Ninja im my case). It seems to work pretty well, but it is not the easy "buy as x crosses" thing.

It is really easy for a person, but I am fighting mostly API wise. Strategy two involves identifying an intra bar and then setting up a number of potential trades ;) SO far so easy.... Sadly there are up to two trades on each side, running possibly multiple days. Once a trade on one side triggres, the other side is cancelled (long breakout, cancel the short breakouts) ;) What gives me creeps (not in the strategy itself, mind you - basically in Ninja) is that if an intrabad happens again and the first trade is still open (and has a position)... The new trades are added. Basically instead of managing "positions" one deals with "trade setups". Something that seems to be out of the concept of most automation systems ;) Well...

Anyhow, from what I can see so far it has prety good results. I am still fighting on even the breakout (stupid ninja - no debugger, and I sometimes just do not see the trades happening, and its hard to debug. So, it may not be proper to work with this thing automatic yet.... but I think I will set up an indicator that automatically identifies and warns on a chart.

At least the intrabar breakout possibly can be a LOT more profitable if one adds a third trade on reversal (stop is 68,1% a speficic range - may be sensible to add a third trade on a 50% reversal), and has a trailing stop strategy instead of fixed targets. All that would really really really need some automatic testing.... ;) Life sucks.

Anyhow, this makes things possibly a lot more profitable but also a lot more complicated. Given as they are they are really easy to deal with. A little excel magic helps (adding high and low of the last 2-3 bars), so that the levels for breakout, target and stop are automatically calculated.

Amazingly simple.

Hi,
I happen to buy the "Nexus" book based on Trader Tom's recommendation and on my high regard to Steve Copan but I was completely disappoointed and felt like I became another victim of another rip off. I was really expecting a nice work from steve (?) but it turned out to be otherway round.
Inside bar trading is freely available strategy (in fact for better inside bar strategy is available than his) and eventhough other strategy is less known but not the worth of what I paid. Moreover he has claimed this can be used for gold, forex etc however does not have any charts or any mention inside the book. This is completely rip off for its huge price tag. You will find better strategy using google for free..

Regards
mkhegde

You obviously did not do your homework ;) Seriously. Result: Feeling ripped of.

Yes, the strategies may be found somewhere else, but for me they are a nice well explained starting point.

* I knew beforehand that the book only contains trades for one market. Why did you not? Did you not read the marketing material beforehand? He says they should work in any market that is not likely to have gaps (i.e. 24 hour traded), and that others may work less good - sensible, as part of the breakout may happen overnight. Intraday software or traders may still be able to get them working better (buy on pullback on gap opening).

* It is also explained they are SIMPLE but working. Well ;) I am not sur about the working part yet (i.e. will need to get this stuff automated enough), but so far first tests show they are not bad.

I can say I feld like an idiot reading them. Point. But not ripped of - more like not believing they may really be THAT simple ;) Actually I like that. That said, I did read quite a lot of the material beforehand, so... well... I supposedly knew what I was buying. I will start using them soonish, and hopefully we will also get them automated enough to just run them ;) Then they can easily be applied to slower timeframes (15 minutes, hourly). Let's see how that works ;)

I can say I feld like an idiot reading them. Point. But not ripped of - more like not believing they may really be THAT simple ;) Actually I like that. That said, I did read quite a lot of the material beforehand, so... well... I supposedly knew what I was buying.

I second every bit of this sentence; what I like the most is the precise entry/exit points when the set-ups develop.
Once you enter the trade, you know exactly where you are getting out.

Hi,
There are many methods available where to enter and where to exit ! My point was that it was not the worth of the price. Especially when it was written by someone like Steve Copan. I expected my much better work for that kind of a price. That's where I felt like ripped off. Obviously traders like to make money by selling this kind of method rather than actually trading the same.
mkhegde