Newbie need help

thx foredog for that, bit baffled as to where my target would be though, if im risking 30 would i not need to get 60pts from that trade, thats the bit i get confused about. hopefully it goes in my favour and i bring stop to breakeven, a free trade is always good

hi minime, see you on big brother, you were greeat, lol. do you know where i can get a demo account from? and is it free.

i use futuresbetting, it has DMA for the FTSE so you dont need to worry about weird prices.

And a chart of two Pin bars in the stock RIO.l to give you a visual idea of what they are.

THe suggestion about demo accounts is a great one, even if it's just for a few week to play around with different methods and get used to the trading platform.

hey dog,you been looking over my shoulder (y)

Attachments

• Premier Oil Plc (05-FEB-09).png
    Premier Oil Plc (05-FEB-09).png
    9.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
thx foredog for that, bit baffled as to where my target would be though, if im risking 30 would i not need to get 60pts from that trade, thats the bit i get confused about. hopefully it goes in my favour and i bring stop to breakeven, a free trade is always good

hi minime, see you on big brother, you were greeat, lol. do you know where i can get a demo account from? and is it free.

I don't do targets as such, try and get as much out of it as you can.

THat was actually a big stop, you could probably have a 10 point stop there or something because if it does take out the lows again it'll probably have a decent move down, where as if it just dips down a little and then springs back up then there's a good chance it's not going back down so you'd want to be out anyway.

Not the best setup but it was just that i saw that pattern forming so thought i'd post it

Did i read a 200 point stop on ftse ??? - no no no. Go trade some forex eur/usd 25 pip stops or gbp/usd 50 pip stops. Much easier to trade, more profitable, and they trend very well. Thats what I do - hate the ftse is so SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSLOW.

hi claudia, thanks, i think i'll stick with somewhat slower markets though. oil has done me bad recently, although i know im the one to blame and all. its just i cant stand quick movements and tend to get frustrated a bit, anyone know what to do about that:)

or, trade a slower market and with less risk by limiting my exposure. it would be interesting to hear how you trade currencies as its been an interest of mine as well. i just dont think ive found my feet with what market i want totrade. i like oil cos its what i traded before with some friends on elite trader and msn but i think a slower market is defo me.

Yeah go trade bunds oil stocks forex metals energies softs indices, just not ftse. THEY ARE SO MUCH EASIER.

ANYONE can trade the bund - just need plenty caffeine. The bund is like nursery school. Oil - spot crude will x3 at least next 18 months. Forex - gbp is due a BIG intraday retracement. Metals - gold is a good short term buy - but watch the usd. Pig bellies and soya are buys. But peeing around on the ftse is like waiting for one of Bransons trains to arrive. :devilish:

CApital spreads do a free account - takes about a minute to set it up. Then you can trade to your hearts content. Also ETX and TradIndex - and they allow you to reset your account so you can start again.

Make sure you test, test, test any strategy before using real money.

hoggums sort of agree. But for me the best learning curve was losing real money - more importantly be able to accept the loss, shrug it off, and move on. The price of learning.

ANYONE can trade the bund - just need plenty caffeine. The bund is like nursery school.

If the bund's so easy, surely you should've made millions by now, in which case why would you be posting on an internet forum?

If the bund's so easy, surely you should've made millions by now, in which case why would you be posting on an internet forum?

Oh dear you fell out your pram ??? Never mind. If you had half a brain you would have asked how to trade the bund successfully. But you are right why should experienced traders like me bother posting on forums like this and trying to help s**t like you. My last post.

Chill people, once again a thread has descended into a slanging match over something irrelevant.

The original point of this thread was someone asking for help trading the FTSE so it doesn't matter if the bund's tough or easy.

Oh dear you fell out your pram ??? Never mind. If you had half a brain you would have asked how to trade the bund successfully. But you are right why should experienced traders like me bother posting on forums like this and trying to help s**t like you. My last post.

Why would i need to ask you? I traded bund futures professionally in the city during the rotter era for three years very successfully. I smell bullsh*t when you speak.

Why would i need to ask you? I traded bund futures professionally in the city during the rotter era for three years very successfully. I smell bullsh*t when you speak.

i post one more time your reply has me crying laughing. If you can trade bund futures successfully they must be easy (thanks for confirming)- if that good why stop ?? lol in that era donkeys could make money trading futures for gods sake. Made ya million!! Last post definitely so dont bother with childish comments.

Melissa good luck but be careful. There are some very good people on this site but an awful lot that think they know and probably actually dont even trade.

Last edited:
Firstly, I don't fight women. Not even ones whom resemble men.

Secondly, You have the worst sense of humour on this site.

thx for the advice claudia, although you sound like quite a hard girl. i know not to mess with you. lol

im just finding my feet around here so dont want to upset anyone, although its not in my nature to anyway. there are many great poeple on here that io can learn from and is refreshing to see other girls on here as well, especially in a seemingly male orientated world that it is. trading that is. hopefully i can join the elite, or near to it and take some cash as well.