Range bound strategy

VingTsunKuen

Hello peeps!

I am trading trend following strategy whit which i am very pleased.
But there are times when i can not use this strategy because there is no trend.

So mine question is can some one suggest simple,complete,solid and sound strategy which can be traded when market is moving sideways??
I know what are basic ideas of trading range bound market,so please do not tell me that i should sell resistance and buy support...
As i have said i would like to see COMPLETE system whit all rules and tools that one system should have.
Thank you very much in advance!(y)
Cheers,
VTK

Ok in a range bound market say 4600 high 3800 low foostie.
Here goes.
Sell the call 4600 or 4650/4700 in the options/cfd , when at top of range and set a buy order in the futures market to of set risk should the market breach the leavel sold.
What happends the trader will gain from loss of time, volitility and price even if the market stays the same leavel.

Do some home work on these stratogies and see how they work out.

No one makes ££$$ by buying options, sell and you gain even if the market stablises.

Read up on this type of trading before you do anything.

I figure it out.Whit small adjustments and little bit different approach i can use system that i am currently using.
I think that it will work in range bound market.I have won one trade for now using this modification of TS system.It means nothing of course,but i will test it on other demo account for a few months...
Regards,
VTK

I figure it out.Whit small adjustments and little bit different approach i can use system that i am currently using.
I think that it will work in range bound market.I have won one trade for now using this modification of TS system.It means nothing of course,but i will test it on other demo account for a few months...
Regards,
VTK

I don't have an exact strategy for you, but in rangebound markets i look for the price to start bouncing off the support/resistance, before entering the trade. Then i normally exit when it reaches the half-way point in the range (because the price usually reaches the middle but doesn't always go all the way down). Sometimes you can catch it all the way down if there is a fast strong move. When i trade this i am looking for the market to have a fairly largish range so that i can get enough points to make it worth while.

Watch out for triangles forming in ranges as well as a lack of movement. It happens a lot and acts as a warning to hold back.

I don't have an exact strategy for you, but in rangebound markets i look for the price to start bouncing off the support/resistance, before entering the trade. Then i normally exit when it reaches the half-way point in the range (because the price usually reaches the middle but doesn't always go all the way down). Sometimes you can catch it all the way down if there is a fast strong move. When i trade this i am looking for the market to have a fairly largish range so that i can get enough points to make it worth while.

Watch out for triangles forming in ranges as well as a lack of movement. It happens a lot and acts as a warning to hold back.

Thanx for advices.Anyway i knew this..I wrote this post in the middle of brainstorming,i guess that i wanted mine answer very badly:)

So as i have told you if i make small adjustments to Triple Screen,system that i am using it will work just fine in range.

:idea:Fact that good systems can be used in any market conditions have ringed in mine head,so i have lower the time frames,changed Stochastic from slow to fast and-voila!
This way i will catch less pips then in trending market but risks will be also smaller.

Main idea is that if range is large enough to be traded,there will be tiny-mini trends whit in range.So whit adjustments that i have mentioned earlier,i should be able to catch this micro trends whit Triple Screen which basically is trend following system.
Now what is left to be done is ton of forward testing on demo acc...
Cheers,
VTK

The problem i see is this : : most of the indicators will start giving conflicting signals :: and by this time you will have lost money.Only to realise the market was rangebound.I am looking at a recent purchase from these trading gurus called ' The HindSight Method ' and this tells you if the market is going to trend , go rangebound or sideways.

H i would like to see COMPLETE system whit all rules and tools that one system should have.

.....priceless !

why don't we all queue up to give you our own hard-earned systems that we have sweat and bled over for years

I'll start, here's mine:

when S&P is in a range between $1 and $36,000, buy at $1.01 and sell at $36,599

good luck, hope it helps

The problem i see is this : : most of the indicators will start giving conflicting signals :: and by this time you will have lost money.Only to realise the market was rangebound.I am looking at a recent purchase from these trading gurus called ' The HindSight Method ' and this tells you if the market is going to trend , go rangebound or sideways.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

people like you shoulnt be aloud to post here, you just confusing them mate, or just be decent enough and write next to your post - its an ad.

Thought its a free forum with freedom of thought and speech........
People like you.......ha!

Its true what i say.......and you know it.
Almost all indicators are LAGGING.
I dont see anything you have thats not lagging.

your perception of freedom of speech affects newbies freedom of exploring what works for them and what doesnt...Ads section is for ads if I am not mistaken... every democratic system has its rulez;)

Last edited:
lol....i see where you are coming from.....i am not selling a system/method/plan etc.....
My aim for all newbies is to tell them in HINDSIGHT all indicators look good as all you see are snapshots of markets at that time but to trade them for long term profits - its been proven not to work.As almost all indicators are lagging in themselves they are only a guide but to follow them blindly and you will find your goose well and truly cooked.