New Trades Thread

Im enjoying the discussion now, you both seem to have mellowed somewhat. Is this scenario hypothetical or leading towards something ?

do not be fooled..i should have called myself The Mirror Man this time..remember:cheesy:

if you mean will people be shown what to do..in relation to the discussion..well..it all depends on who asks..and how they ask..and how they interpret the answers given to what they ask

it is very real..why would we waste our time talking about things that are not real!

Therefore you will be asking me to ditch my successful strategy and take up a new one thats been given away free on a forum ?

btw, ive been reading through old posts from soccrates , china white and grey1, They all are intelligent and very eloquent members, but do you think they are successful traders or teachers ?

remember the topic..daytrading the us open..it is a different ballgame to trading at other times..the main reason being..it is the start of the day..and people with big money have already made their decisions in advance..so there will be rapid movements as they try to average in..and with the algo traders interfering..prices will even move more rapidly and multi-directional

timing is not important when daytrading..timing is everything!

Time = Money :idea:

now what do you say?

Mmm, or maybe there's a mass of orders from the ill informed public that the brokers are rushing to fulfill. In which case the big money will likely wait a bit?

hh..can you give me the symbol for any blue chip US stock..it does not matter what it is..pick anyone you like..one you are holding..or one you hate..choice is yours

AIG. It is traded globally.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_3_36_55_PM.png

Therefore you will be asking me to ditch my successful strategy and take up a new one thats been given away free on a forum ?

btw, ive been reading through old posts from soccrates , china white and grey1, They all are intelligent and very eloquent members, but do you think they are successful traders or teachers ?

no one is asking you to do anything..it is a discussion for readers to make up their own mind on..what people get from it..will depend on how they interpret the information

never heard of china white..i met SOCRATES..never met grey 1..but know what he was doing..standard stuff..no big deal..overall i would say he done what he said..as i know how it works

SOCRATES was a vsa trader..he was very good at trading the dax..he made some good money on options with The Bull..went towards buying a nice yacht..he trained people in the past..had his own methods which some did not like

Mmm, or maybe there's a mass of orders from the ill informed public that the brokers are rushing to fulfill. In which case the big money will likely wait a bit?

i doubt that..i would say the public money is nothing really..institutional traders rule the roost..algo traders take advantage..dumb ass public get caught in the crossfire

We have managed to keep this thread civil and nonhostile up until this point. Do not criticize or make fun of people here. You can start a hate thread if you feel the urge to make fun of people or citicize people. If you do not have anything positive or educational then there are plenty of other threads to spam.

AIG. It is traded globally.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_3_36_55_PM.png

this should really be in the TwC thread..but no harm..it is relevant to the discussion at hand

daytrading the open

2 targets are generated every day for any stock..you picked aig..todays targets are..

Long = 59.00...hit
Short = 58.05...not hit

let me get the tws chart and see exactly when it was hit

tws..a bit thin..but ok..this stock can be daytraded effectively

Attachments

• Screen Shot 01-07-16 at 07.15 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 01-07-16 at 07.15 PM.PNG
    21.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Screen Shot 01-07-16 at 07.23 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 01-07-16 at 07.23 PM.PNG
    57.8 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
@Lúidín

How do you come to those figures? So if the stock reached $58.05, then you would have shorted it?

I mostly swing trade but shouldn't most equities be able to be daytraded?

@Lúidín

How do you come to those figures? So if the stock reached $58.05, then you would have shorted it?

I mostly swing trade but shouldn't most equities be able to be daytraded?

simple maths based on average prices..with my own little offset put in..as for 58.05..no..that is the profit target level for a short..entry and stop criteria are at the discretion of the trader..and..as mentioned..may well be better off without using charts..but that has yet to be tested

the excel chart you see has all of the required details for daytrading..it can be used on its own without any other charts..but that will require another excel data page..a special one that i am working on..the file i have lost..i must look for it again..as it has a good few hours work put in..but i can do again if need be

i do not believe in full automation..as the chip will never be as good as the brain..not in a billion years..but you must get the brain working correctly of course:)

not every stock can be used for daytrading the open effectively..it must fulfill some basic criteria such as adequate average volume..adequate range..shortable..normally in sync with sp500..and most importantly..opening volatility..as you need good volatility to make money daytrading

aapl is an ideal candidate..it hit both targets today

Long..99.56..hit
Short..97.21..hit

the short was not hit for the open stratgey..but was hit later on..which can also be traded if you want to trade late in the day..which i dont

do you see the diff between the appl tws chart and aig tws chart..basically..that difference means more money to be made:)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 01-07-16 at 07.51 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 01-07-16 at 07.51 PM.PNG
    16.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Screen Shot 01-07-16 at 08.02 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 01-07-16 at 08.02 PM.PNG
    68.2 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Crude oil @33.27/barrel. It is the lowest close since February 2004.

@ The big money : Why would i care they have different objectives and time frame than mine . If their picks are foolproof then why they risk just a small portion in a single stock ? Big volume doesn't necessarily translate into big money .

We have managed to keep this thread civil and nonhostile up until this point. Do not criticize or make fun of people here. You can start a hate thread if you feel the urge to make fun of people or citicize people. If you do not have anything positive or educational then there are plenty of other threads to spam.

Exactly dont spam others threads ..

Exactly dont spam others threads ..

Leave if you are not going to contribute or be civil. Stop being argumentative.

That was not spam, it was describing the current situation here.

The Hang Seng is up since its rout. Hopefully, this bodes well for the US markets upon opening in less than 6 hours.

it may be unwise to try and predict short term movements based on charts for daytrading..as there are too many variables to try and predict..such as averaging in and algos..as mentioned

unless you know the size of the opening working orders..and what programme the algos are set for..then your odds of getting it right..based on standard chart analysis..is very small

longer term analysis is a different matter entirely..we are only talking about daytrading the us open here

what is wise..is to find another way to enter..reverse trade..and exit the market..not based on standard chart analysis..but based on "something else"..that you have tried and tested..for many different instruments..and that you know..works..providing you do exactly what you need to do..and not get sucked in by looking at charts the wrong way

i am not saying you do not use charts..but..i might say that in the near future..as..my TwC thread is going to be a testing ground for exactly that..and..my opinion is that it might even be better to not use charts..but that will have to be proved with results

Hi Luidin, while I agree there is no point in predicting (I think I have been one of only a handful to have openly said out loud while many have their crystal balls on their desk....ohh sounds a bit wrong that) I am saying the traps can be read, this has nothing to do with prediction, it is merely observation & action in the moment !
Misdirection, clearing weak hands, taking of stops is all there is in the day trading arena, trap, clear, next, trap, clear, next, it is all there is.....continuous trapping & clearing/taking stops, all day every day.

Seeing market orders (spoofs aside) will get you no further than reading the traps. To see that a certain price may be gunned for will get you nowhere without reading movement, yes the movement has to be read, you must be aware of the false movement, but you will only recognize this with the reading of traps.

Definitely on the same page re standard chart analysis, it's all taken care of, as we all know these potential moves/scenario's are seen way before the print, the way to tackle the scenario is worked out way in advance of the print, mapping if you like.

Our job, as the fag end of the industry is to have a different approach, we don't have company target's, managers, office overheads, office politics, getting on a train at 5.30am to be in the office for 7am, so we do in fact have a massive advantage in many ways as lowly retail minions.

Anyway, as you say, people will interpret answers & advise in their own way.

You are a very inquisitive fellow, glad you came along (again ;))

tj..the conclusion i have come to..is..the reason is irrelevant..for..we can not be sure unless we are on the other side..as..what we see could be stop running..or could be algo programs kicking in..or a combination..but..one thing that is highly unlikely is that it is retail traders money

so..the reason is irrelevant..what does matter though is how we react to what is happening..and..more importantly..react when it happens

as it is possible to see..from a chart..what the big players "have done"..we can use that info to work out what they will probably do next..as..they are human..and humans are creatures of habit..we keep repeating things..even if it means we lose..sounds hard to believe..but that is due to many things..and education has a big part to play in it..but enough bout that

if we know things are going to repeat..due to habits..then we can now look at time..as opposed to price..for the question now becomes..when..not why..price will change direction..which is what makes..or loses..us money

remember the topic..daytrading the us open..it is a different ballgame to trading at other times..the main reason being..it is the start of the day..and people with big money have already made their decisions in advance..so there will be rapid movements as they try to average in..and with the algo traders interfering..prices will even move more rapidly and multi-directional

timing is not important when daytrading..timing is everything!

Time = Money :idea:

now what do you say?
I agree that timing is everything.My method is to hold for 15 to 30 mins so you need a good entry.Do you always only trade the above method or do you have others.