My Live trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi been following for a bit and no doubting your record is good, but MM seems to cause a problem eg hypothetically I open the above two trades for total 3% risk ie 1.5 each. You then post lengthening the stop on 1 to 75 and the other to 100 so my risk on one trade has gone to 2.25% and the second to 3% ie total 5.25%; unless of course my lot size is reduced by partially selling? Not sure I'm totally clear on how you run MM - can you explain please. Regards

As I said many many times before 2 trades 1/2 positon size 150sl on each =3% 3 trades 1/3 postion size SL 150 on each = 3% Its always 150SL = 3% - just divide it by the number of trades ( sometime up to 3 on occassions) never yet needed 150 SL on anything so far as it happens

So far aussie has found support and may rebuy when smoke clears Cable doing its usual volatile whipsaw thing, comes with the territory. But does create good opportunites

As I said many many times before 2 trades 1/2 positon size 150sl on each =3% 3 trades 1/3 postion size SL 150 on each = 3% Its always 150SL = 3% - just divide it by the number of trades ( sometime up to 3 on occassions) never yet needed 150 SL on anything so far as it happens

OK thanks and excuse me if I'm being slow but how do I know how many trades you are going to do to get the position size right based on SL (risk) 150 pips? Thanks

OK thanks and excuse me if I'm being slow but how do I know how many trades you are going to do to get the position size right based on SL (risk) 150 pips? Thanks

I always list my trades exactly which pair(s) at time of open and exact price of open and close. Detractors expect me to take the trade, list it on twitter, list it here and by that point expect it to be the price as listed. It never will be. Closes on Fri were lower prices than were availbale at time of list and opens today the same. Sometimes its the other way round , it just depends how fast the market is moving by then in either direction. My pref today is for cable and aussie only for slightly different reasons

One last thing cos I don't have too much time or inclination this week for anything other than trading, If I take 3 trades on cable and 3 on aussie - to me they are just all one trade. Im buying cable or Im selling cable, Im buying aussie or Im selling aussie. You will never see me buy and sell the same pair in the same day. If Im wrong Im wrong for a day or even a b/e week like last week, but it wont affect my monthly av at the end of that day

One last thing cos I don't have too much time or inclination this week for anything other than trading, If I take 3 trades on cable and 3 on aussie - to me they are just all one trade. Im buying cable or Im selling cable, Im buying aussie or Im selling aussie. You will never see me buy and sell the same pair in the same day. If Im wrong Im wrong for a day or even a b/e week like last week, but it wont affect my monthly av at the end of that day

if anyone wanted to take the euro/usd trade today, it looks pretty good right now. I' m sticking to cable and aussie today, both doing fine so far, keeping it tight..

Status
Not open for further replies.