my journal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to get a haircut but it was closed. Otherwise I followed my newly established routine, of leaving work at 3 pm sharp. No one complained.

I leave the office at 3 pm, go to the grocery store, to get a sandwich and get drunk on prosecco. Then I take a cab and today we checked to see if the barber shop was open, but it wasn't.

That's right, I am a little drunk. That's what I feel the urge to do as soon as I get out of work: get drunk.

Today I need to step it up, and I will review not just the usual 4 but as many as 10 systems, and I will set up a pivot with their trades, on the tradestation report file, and see if there's any mistakes and come up with a clean and reliable list of trades that includes costs.

Ten systems per day should allow me to finish this task in one more week:

J'avoue
J'en ai
Bavé
Pas vous
Mon amour
Avant
D'avoir
Eu vent
De vous
Mon amour

Ne vous déplaise
En dansant la Javanaise
Nous nous aimions
Le temps d'une chanson

That's right, as the song suggests, at work I got into more arguments with the boss, criticizing his changes and the Kaizen's changes in an email sent not just to him but to all my colleagues and to the kaizen bitch as well. That's right, I loved the Kaizen bitch, but only as long as a song lasts.

That's right. I am tired of arguing with the boss and with the Kaizen bitch, but I can't help it if every time they force me to hear lies and inefficient changes, and destruction of my work of 4 years. I cannot stand injustices and I cannot stand lies and bull****. And I am exposed to this crap on a daily basis, for hours, ever since the dick of a boss and the kaizen bitch stepped into our office, at the start of 2011.

"J'aime détruire".

Unlike Gainsbourg and the Kaizen dicks, I am not in a destruction mood, but just like him I am in a smoking mood.

Damn it feels good to come home at 3 pm.

Last edited:
I just realized I won, so new strategy now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e06TWt4jvg

I was in the bath tub (hot water is back now), and I realized that I won on all fronts. A lot of profit today from trading, first of all. And also I realized this: people at work allowing me to say all kind of crap against the Kaizen team and my boss for several months, the team itself not being mad at me, including the dumb bitch I keep berating. I keep telling them this is a disaster and they let me talk because they respect me, and because they know i have a point.

I am in a good mood.

Except for the door-slamming neighbour bitch, I have won on all fronts. I don't mean "I won" because I changed anything. Those things at work cannot be changed, but I was allowed to speak the truth for long enough, and at this point I am going to minimize this or even stop it - provided I don't lose my coherence. Indeed, I feel that my boss has taken enough of my complaining and I cannot keep on humiliating him any longer. Yes, he's dumb, the kaizen bitch is dumb - for this precise reason they do not deserve to be humiliated. He's still my boss, and she's still a colleague. Yes, they have power unfortunately and they're destroying my work, but so what? It's up to them what they do with their power. They've been very nice to me otherwise up to this very moment. They don't deserve to be humbled for their stupidity. I have spoken enough of the truth, for months. My love for the truth has now to yield to my respect for others, who do not deserve to be reminded of how stupid/wrong they are. They have to do what they have to do, they're doing it all wrong, but now this is enough. I am tired of complaining, objecting, and being negative, and yes, they're wrong and they're screwing up things, but I've warned them long enough, and at this point I actually feel sorry for them. Any more complaining and berating of what they're doing would just mean abusing their good heart and disrespecting. Stupid people do not deserve to be insulted for the hell of it. I've told them what is wrong, and now there's no point in telling them any more since they won't change. No point in reminding them on a daily basis how stupid and inadequate they are.

I am done with fighting the Kaizen people and my boss, who's following their orders (making matters even worse sometimes). My purpose in life is not to tell stupid people that they are stupid, regardless of how powerful these stupid people are. They're not mean, they treat me nicely, they're stupid and they're doing a lot of damage, but hey, this is useless, so I am officially done with fighting these guys at work.

From now on I will just say "hey, you know my opinion on what we're doing - having said this, I will guarantee my full cooperation to help you reach your goals, no matter how much I disagree with them". Hopefully they won't keep asking me on a daily basis if I agree, because I just cannot lie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbKLE-akQ7U

This is the path I have followed in the last few months during the Kaizen saga at my office:

1) February 2011: the kaizen people come to our office and the boss tells me "let's be patient and they'll go away in a while".

2) pretty quickly I realize and say to the boss "these guys are morons and they're just going to do damage to our work and procedures"

3) April 2011: after a lot of time wasted answering their questions, but without doing any permanent damage to my work and organization, the boss starts asking me to implement changes for them, permanent changes in my own statistics of what our office does. I realize and say to the boss: "hey, you said we were supposed to withstand them, fool them for a while, and they'd go away and leave us alone, but now it seems to me that they have brainwashed you into giving me inefficient and wrong and permanently harmful orders...", and I resist his wrong orders for two weeks.

4) May 2011: the boss asks me "did you do what I told you?". I reply "no way... were you saying for real?"... I fight him verbally ("do you know the consequences of this'", "you're going to blame me later...", "you're placing me in an impossible situation"), and stay very frustrated, on the edge of despair, for a few days, and then I have to yield to his orders and obey and do damage to my own work. As I do this, my complaining goes to new highs and so do my insults to the Kaizen guys and to the boss. The rest of the office goes through the same feelings, even though showing them to a lesser degree.

5) This week.
I start the week by saying "all right, I obey and I'll try my best to limit the damage of executing your orders on my work and on our organization but I am not staying any extra hours to patch things up for you guys". They take it and don't complain at all. They act even nicer to me, despite my increased anger and losing my temper, to new highs.

6) Today.
After some final complaints and insults to boss and kaizen team, I give up. They're stupid. They're never going to get it. I can't make them go away. I can't make them change their minds. I have to obey, and no point in insulting them while I obey. No point in complaining behind their back either.

I am done. No more complaining. Just putting up with stupid inadequate bosses, and not just one, but a long chain of bosses passing each other stupid orders, which ultimately reach me.

What have I learned from this experience? Obedience. It wasn't useless. They came to remind me who's the boss. Regardless of how well I have been doing my job, I'll have to drop everything and follow their orders. Intelligence yields to hierarchical power. I can object, I can say all I want, and I will be respected, but at the end I will still have to obey their orders. In fact, if I pretend I agree from the start, it will be much easier to twist things my way, by convincing the morons. Instead, by labeling them as morons, I cut the link between them and me, and there's no hope of convincing them to do things my way. Since I am not sleazy nor good at manipulating people, I went with the worst possible choice: saying "You guys are idiots" or similar, such as "these guys are idiots". Wrong choice in terms of results, but not in terms of principle. I fought for the truth, that is that they're idiots. Maybe I could have said: "hey, guys, I am here to cooperate with you 100%. Let me help you out". But I didn't. I am too allergic to stupidity to cooperate with dumb people, especially starting on the unacceptable premises that they're the ones giving orders (the idiots).

Anyway, my bank is now (since a couple of years ago) owned by a foreign bank and these guys came from headquarters to make sure we're following their methods. In fact, my father argues that they came under the false pretense of making us more efficient, but the true purposes were these two, he argues: uniforming us and subduing us. Basically making sure we're obeying them, that we're obeying the new owning bank, the new master. And I was like the last japanese soldier. And now I've finally realized that the war is lost and that I can come home, at 3 pm. And knowing that the war is lost is a relief.

Funny, I realized now that I started the post titling it that I had won, and now I say that the war is lost. I won the fight for honor, for ideals, in that i fought, and i was the one who fought the longest. So I won the respect of others for fighting this battle for so long and so loudly, but now I basically give up, because there are simply no premises to win this war: the owners pay me and they have the right to tell me what to do. There's no winning of ideas, ideals, against the orders of someone who's paying you. It makes more sense to obey who pays you, than to do things your way. The principle of doing things well, has to yield to the higher and more logical principle of providing the service you're paid for: obedience. I am not paid to do things according to my judgment. I am paid to follow my conscience except when ordered otherwise (provided they're not asking me to break the law).

My fellow colleagues and I were spoiled, working for years in almost a state-owned bank. We felt we were untouchables and had to respond to almost no one, except occasionally our boss. For years, I was able to do things my way, thanks to an intelligent boss. Now all of a sudden, the new owners came to tell us that we're not on our own, that we're getting paid by some dudes sitting in another capital of europe. On top of these guys sent from that capital, you have add the stupid boss, who doesn't intepret orders the way he should be doing, improving them, limiting the damage of orders given by ignorant people who don't know what we're doing. Put all these things together and you get a recipe for disasters, explosions such as those that are happening among us, and will happen. But the principle of obeying your boss, and of him obeying a higher boss, and so on, is a good one. You can't argue against that principle. You'd lose the argument both by sheer power and by reasoning.

Last edited:
lol, omg, and today's incident

How should I put this... today everything went unexpectedly wrong. It was supposed to be the beginning of peace (see previous posts), and instead it was total war.

I woke up at 5 am due to some noise, some mother ****ing neighbour, as usual.

Then I was at work at 7.40 am, and felt pretty proud about that.

I started doing my work. Kept working for one hour.

Then boss writes me an email saying... no wait: as soon as I get to work, I read an email from yesterday, sent by boss, saying "the inspectors have this data (you gave us), they should have this other data, something's wrong, so what is the matter?", as if it were my fault.

I notice the tone is not one I like, since he's making it sound as if I did something wrong. So I don't reply polemically but write "I don't understand the question, maybe we should talk about this in person".

Then the boss comes at about 8.40.

First we talk about something else, and I say "thanks" for something he's done right, and everything goes fine.

Then he brings up the subject of his email, and, once again, his tone is as if I did something wrong, just like in his email. Premise: I am always very precise and I spent 4 years breaking my back to make every little detail work in my statistics, which I created by the way. Before this they were writing everything down on paper, pretty much, or on excel, but using it as a piece of paper, with squares on it. That's what excel is to many of my colleagues. They ignore the use of functions.

So, where was I? He brings up the problem, and says "we asked for this and you gave us that" (something else). Then I reply "look, if there's something you need, let me know, and I'll give it to you, but if you are accusing me of something, show my email, and we'll see if I did make a mistake, because usually I don't, since I take great care to define details". I knew it was most likely his mistake.

So he goes back to his office, and he sends me my email (because I had deleted it - I don't have to save every goddamn request for data from him). He comes back. I look at it, putting on hold all the other work I was doing, and I find that I was right, and that I had explained to him exactly what data I was giving him and how I was interpreting his request.

Then he says the sentence he should not have said. After one email where it sounds like I made a mistake, after coming to my office and talking as i made a mistake, he says: "in the future let's try to talk the same language".

I immediately perceive the injustice and blood rushes to my head. I become pale and my heart starts beating faster. Now, this has happened twice in the years 1997 to 2011. Since this dick came to be our boss, this has happened like... over 10 times already. So there definitely is a problem not with me but with my dick of a boss.

So I get really upset but don't reply meanly. I just say this: "Sorry, I really cannot take the blame for something I did not do". And then he leaves.

I start preparing the new data he wants, and as I write the text for his email, something like "here's the data requested, which corresponds, for this and this period, to the reports "entered in the system", which is different from the "(complete) reports received" and it's different from the reports "processed" in the same period". And then I add this parenthesis: "(it's not my fault if along the years you and others have asked me to add over 100 columns to my statistics and I have to differentiate between different types of information, and if you don't read what I write)". Yeah, because he had blamed me for not having been clear and for not having given him the information he wanted, whereas instead he's the one not perceiving the difference between one request and the other.

Then I stop writing the email, and go about extracting the new data he wants, and as I do that, I get even more mad, because I am once again making efforts to patch up his mistake, and this time I even have to be blamed for his mistake, and so I start ranting out loud, while my other colleague is in the room, so in a way I was telling him and hoping he'd agree. I say stuff like: "I hate working with idiots...", "wtf, I write everything perfectly and detailed, I work my ass off for 4 years to make everything neat and perfect and then I have to get blamed because he doesn't even read my emails...". Then finally, livid and shaking with anger, I say "**** it, I am going home". I pick up my suit jacket and storm out of my room.

I wander in the streets around the bank because I am too mad to get into a cab, with my face all red. Everyone looking at me gets kind of worried, indeed. Then I grab a sandwich and a prosecco. Iced tea, too. And I am still wondering in the city of Rome for about half an hour. Then I get into a cab and come home. But then i am still too mad, so I still wonder around my neighbourhood for another half hour, smoke a cigarette, then finally 3 hours after getting out, at 7.30, I come back home, at 10.30.

And here I am.

What are the risks now?

I could get a negative note on my bank's curriculum. It would be the first one. I've done this type of thing once before, but not with my boss. This thing is worse, but it could be explained on grounds of sickness, such as I didn't feel well and i came home. It all depends if the boss wants me to get in trouble or not.

What has this shown about the situation? That if you're someone who's worked his ass off on something, and then for six months you have a daily meeting of one hour where they tell you what part of your work you have to destroy today, and then on top of it your boss, as a result of his mess and stupidity, blames you for his mistakes, then, i, too, can fall apart and lose my temper. I am very calm usually, everyone knows it. But the peaceful guy, when he gets mad, he gets dangerous, as everyone knows.

On the other hand, I am there to obey orders and I acknowledge that. I just ask not to be blamed for doing things in a messy way, of which I am certainly not guilty. As I said to the boss a week ago: "if you think there's something wrong, it's most likely not because I made a mistake, but because you're not understanding something". This is very insulting, but deserved by someone who is totally stupid, clumsy, messy, disorderly, disorganized and blames me for his mistakes.

Now we'll see how it evolves on Monday. Monday I will go, most likely. There's a whole weekend to rest.

The question is if the boss will become nicer to me, or if he'll want me to be penalized for leaving work today and try to get me punished, fired, transferred to another office. He was waiting for some data, and instead I just took off and went home, lol. Goddamn idiot.

However, in the long run, he either leaves this office, or I unload my statistical work on someone who can handle idiots better. I am incapable of being accused unfairly of making mistakes that I did not make. I will get mad each time this will happen. Especially in cases, like today, where the incompetence of the person accusing me is beyond doubt.

Dude... I didn't mean to disrespect him. It's just that he keeps pushing me and makes me lose my temper time and time again, like never before. I've lost my temper more times with this guy more than in my entire life before meeting him.

The last sentence I said to my roommate before storming out of my room was "you break your back for four years and then you get treated like this...". And he said something trying to calm me down such as "he didn't meant to...", and partly he's right, but the situation is intolerable, if you add it to six months of destroying my own work. They have crapped all over my work, and have disrespected my efforts of four years. This was the last straw. That's what it was. You crap on my work, you imply I make mistakes... and you're blatantly incompetent on everything you're talking about... it's just too much for me to take. My father unfortunately, one way or another, taught me to be sincere and to be proud of myself. I am not taking this **** from anyone unless I am tied up and gagged.

Dude... I just lost it. It was not planned. I went there at 7.40, was working non-stop, then I have to take one more incident of this type of crap from this idiot... it was not planned. I lost control. I can't go back today, because I am too pissed off and i'd just lose control again. He has to learn to respect people who work hard. He can't assume that I make mistakes at the rate he does. If there's something wrong, don't assume it is my mistake.

There are people on this earth who are not as clumsy as you are. Learn that. Learn to respect people, because we're not all morons like you. You don't deserve to be a boss.

[...]

And now I am going to need to drink a whole bottle of lambrusco.

[...]

All right! Good news. My favorite colleague called me from work, and said they're worried and want to know how I am doing. I said I apologize for my insubordination, but, after working my ass off for 4 years with meticulous precision, I cannot take being accused unfairly of anything. So, apologies, but don't do it again. And I said to tell him also that he can count it as a day of vacation that I took, or day of sickness if he prefers. So basically, I pulled it off one more time with my insubordinate behaviours, precisely because it wasn't deliberate nor planned, and more importantly because I am right and just, and I use these behaviours to make my points, when I really cannot take it anymore. When they wrong me, I just take off and come home. Besides, maybe they also think I am little crazy, which never hurts.

But dude, the point is that it was sincere and not planned, so it is not even insubordination, because why would i go there at 7.30 am in the first place if I was planning to be so lazy as to come home early and skip the rest of the day? This is clearly a sign of good faith.

Do I regret something? Yes. I regret not having the intelligent boss we had before this one. Stupidity enrages me, and I realize this is not even fair. But I can't help it when you're causing so much damage around yourself, and accusing me, out of stupidity, yes. Yes, because he's so stupid that he may not even realize that he is wrong. If you're smart, you realize what is right and wrong, and you talk accordingly. If you're stupid the distinctions are vague and unclear, so you may end up thinking that the right is somewhere in between and accuse your employees of doing something they did not do, like when he told my colleagues "why didn't you tell me that you didn't want the printer?", whereas it was all due to his disorganization: you don't ask for a huge printer without first finding out where it will go, and if the people are ok with it. This moron asked for a huge printer without having any plans as to where it would go. Goddamn idiot. I feel sorry for him, and yet I can't help getting enraged. I need an interpreter, so I don't have to hear things such as "you guys should have told me that you didn't want the printer" to my colleagues who weren't asked in the first place and "let's make sure we speak the same language" to me when you're not even reading my emails, because otherwise you would ask me to explain them to you if there's something you don't understand. I mean, dude, I created the statistics four years ago, you came 5 months ago, so the foreigner is you, and statistics are my mother tongue. So you're the one who has to learn my language, and the first step is to read my email where I write in detail what kind of statistics I am sending you.

Now that things ended pretty well (at least at the moment), I can see things more objectively and view this situation as funny. It reminds when you see stuff like a lady going to car mechanic and accusing him of doing something wrong. Of course she'll never fail to get him mad if he's in good faith. He'll kick her out yelling at her some insults.

Here, I found one video, where this concept is rendered clearly. The boss is driving the car, and I am the mechanic. Except maybe we have to pretend that the car is the statistics that I have worked on for four years, and that the lady gets out of the car and accuses the mechanic of causing the accident.

[...]

Holy cow... I thought I had recoverd but I am still raging. I don't think I am ever going to recover from this anger. Maybe it will be gone tomorrow.

Actually, I called my uncle, the former banker, and he said I did the right thing and it cannot be considered insubordination, but I could even say that I'll sue him if he keeps busting my balls with this frequency. In fact, I told him that i'd never see it this way and that they've been quite nice to me so far. However, that is precisely the power of my actions and behaviour and why I am not getting in trouble for it. I am right, I work hard, and I bother no one, and if they come looking for trouble, then they know it's their fault, because all I've been doing all these years is work seriously and quietly. And if there's trouble, yes, sure I am touchy, but I am basically right. If there's trouble and I get mad, they know there must be some good reason. I am not going to abuse this advantage of being right, but if they push me like this, it's beyond my control and I lose my temper. I mean... I am only sorry that this is all due to stupidity and not bad faith, as my boss is only stupid and nothing else. I am not mad and I feel sorry for him, but he's so inadequate that he's going to cause a lot more trouble than what I've seen so far. Sure, I, too, may get fired for being too honest and sincere, and I am prepared for that, but he's definitely an idiot and it's showing every day.

The only way I can keep things like today from happening in the future is if I constantly remind myself that he's a stupid child. Not that all children are stupid. He's a child and a stupid one. An intelligent child would be doing a much better job than he's doing.

[...]

Well, I'll tell you what. All things considered, once this becomes history and the boss will be gone, that was "fun". Anything that doesn't give me a heart attack is fun. Maybe I was bored and looking for a good cause to fight a battle for. Obviously if I had been having a great time in my life, today I would not have gotten mad. However, if I were having a great time in my life, the boss would not have such neat statistics and I would have been your average slacker of an employee, which is what almost everyone else is around me. So you get all this work from me, ok, due to the fact that I have no life, and you can't treat me like the others. You have to respect all my work. Don't mess with the few employees who work their ass off, moron. Learn, despite your stupidity, to differentiate between those who break their backs and those who don't, and do not even think of implying that I made a mistake if you're not positive 100%, and even worse do not keep implying I made a mistake after I have shown you that I haven't. The boss is an idiot. This is my final point. And I cannot stand to work my ass off for an idiot and be accused by this idiot of making his own mistakes. Find someone else to blame. Or I will lose my temper again and again.

[...]

No, it wasn't "fun". I can't say that until it's over. It was exhausting to get mad. Getting angry and raging uses up a lot of energies. Now i have just some energies left and I will use them to do some trading work, in the next post. I won't talk about these office problems for a few days hopefully. I am exhausted from this stuff.

http://www.badbossology.com/incompetence

Last edited:
weekly update sneak preview

The week is not over yet, but I can post my equity line until yesterday. It's looking much better now, so at least from that front, there's some happiness.

Snap1.jpg

I have circled in green the last trade, to show how well we're doing right now.

Getting back to the office situation, I have to add this: i had forgotten how much damage sheer stupidity can do. And also: by being alone so much, I have lost a lot of tolerance for stupidity, since when you're alone you can do things just perfectly and you don't have to deal with stupid people.

Damn, am I exhausted.

Last edited:
I Love You Phillip Morris

Going to watch a movie now:
http://www.putlocker.com/file/4697F2E7A0AF663F

It's a wonder how I managed to build all those systems during these months of extreme pressure and frustration at the office. It went like this because the boss was a dormient moron for a few months, and only recently, pushed by the Kaizen team, he started changing things and screwing everything up. His stupidity emerged only when he started changing things, for the worse. We were totally fine until March 2011.

And May 2011 has definitely been my most frustrating month at any office since 1997.

[...]

Wow, the movie is excellent so far (not surprising since Jim Carrey is in it.

Related video:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_You_Phillip_Morris
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Jay_Russell
Steven Jay Russell (born September 14, 1957) is a US con artist and impostor, known for escaping from prison multiple times. He has received numerous nicknames, including "Houdini" and "King Con". His IQ has been recorded as 163.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_IQ_society
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Langan

Fascinating stuff: "if you're so smart why aren't you filthy rich?". Fascinating topics.

This movie is first of all about an intelligent person. The fact that he is gay doesn't mean anything.

It bothers me that I can't find anything on the highest possible and lowest possible IQ score. I've searched for many minutes about it, but I can't find it anywhere.

I've always wondered how intelligent i was/am. I've taken some tests, online iq tests, and it's pretty high, like about 150, but i don't trust them.

Besides, I suck at formulas, whereas all these guys are great at formulas, so there must be something wrong with these tests I've been taking.

I also wonder, often, subconsciously, what does this alleged intelligence entitle me to? Like today at work, since I work better than almost everyone else - at least as far as I am aware of it - how far am I entitled to push my limits as far as leaving when the boss pisses me off? How far will they let me push my limits just because I am smart and work hard? For example, they never gave me a promotion, so that shows me that the appreciation for me is not that high. Or maybe the cause of not being promoted is that I did not kiss up or actually that i am intelligent to be a soldier, and maybe that is what the bank wants and values. Anyway, i keep wondering how much am I entitled to do because of my qualities. Not just intelligence but also moral qualities, which cause me to work non-stop from the minute I get to the office to the minute I leave. I don't know. I don't know if I am about to get fired or similar. So far it seems I can get away with anything, in terms of answering to my boss or leaving if he pisses me off. I wonder. Not that I'd be too frustrated if I got fired. Very interesting topic. Yeah, intelligence is an interesting topic. And, also, the power of sincerity, which may well be a bigger asset for me than intelligence. And, also, the power of having a clean conscience. And, also, quite related, the power of daring to be original (which is similar to not being afraid of being sincere).

Speaking of which, it's only 5 pm and those screwheads are still at work. Screw you all.

In fact the friction and struggle between me and my boss is first of all a struggle between sincerity and dishonesty and intelligence and stupidity. I don't know how the matrix works. I would hope that sincerity is coupled with intelligence and viceversa. Well, I think I've got both. At work the case is usually of dishonesty coupled with stupidity. But there might be some cases where extreme intelligence is coupled with extreme dishonesty/deception, like in this movie for example, which is based on a true story.

One reason this could be is that if you lack intelligence you have to make up for it, or you feel you need to do so, with deception. And if you don't lack it, you're not afraid of saying what you think. But maybe it's not like this. Maybe instead sincerity is simply coupled with wealth or a perception of wealth and security. Maybe my colleagues who didn't get hired yet cannot afford to speak the truth because otherwise they will not get hired, and instead i am sincere because i simply don't give a damn about getting fired.

Last edited:
Not too bad, depending on the mood you're in when you're watching this. Of course you can't be looking for action or you'll be disappointed:
http://www.letmewatchthis.ch/watch-337-Henry-Poole-Is-Here

My favorite thing from this movie is the opening song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETMio-rSkME

Let's say this: the movie is not perfect in that the plot has flaws and in some places it's not realistic, and the same applies to some acting (especially the girl with the thick glasses, and... well a lot of bad acting and unrealistic twists). But the movie could still be pleasant despite not being a masterpiece. Besides, it's always better than any movie with tom cruise.

Last edited:
weekly update

This is not regarding the live trades but regarding all systems being forward-tested:

Snap1.jpg

In green are circled the systems traded. In red are circled the ones I'd like to trade as soon as the cushion and the capital will allow us. I would say we'll need about 20k of profit for at least two of those 3.

more ranting

I thought I was done, but i feel the need to rant more.

I've spoken to my aunt, and thanks to clarifying it for her, I now can sum it all up. The problems now have emerged clearly. The new boss (starting in January 2011) is an idiot, and this has become clear since he's started taking actions in our office. Until March 2011 everything was status quo, and then, pushed by the Kaizen people, he started using his power and doing damage to the office, and enraging me.

His problems can be summed up as follows:

1) gives contradictory orders, without pondering nor seeing all the implications. Useless to explain them to him because he still doesn't understand them, nor does he trust you enough to just do things your way.

2) soon thereafter (days or weeks) he often takes his order back and tells you to put things the way they were before he opened his mouth

3) doesn't take responsibility for his mistakes: he gives you an order and expects you to agree with him and then if anything goes wrong he blames you ("why didn't you guys tell me you didn't want a printer?", when he didn't even ask them in the first place, nor warn them that a printer was arriving - he did not plan a place for the printer, cfr.#1, not seeing the consequences of his actions).

4) doesn't read emails often or doesn't keep them in order

I don't know who'll survive longer, whether him or me. The truth is on my side, the intelligence also, the hard work also. On his side there's only one thing: power. Usually I win. I never get promoted but I win these battles for truth and intelligence. We'll see where he'll take our ship with his stupidity. I won't sabotage him or anything. I'll try to do my best to make sense of his messed up orders. I'll try to not go crazy. I'll also not come back home ever again because he enraged with one of his comments. Next time I'll go for a short walk, to remind myself that he's an idiot.

In a way this guy offers you too much democracy in asking you for your opinion, but then fails to deliver, because he doesn't listen to you, and on the other hand he still wants to blame you for his own decision (even when you disagreed with it).

He's out of luck because right now I don't have any other enemies to fight, so he's on my black list at the rank of #1. He is my biggest problem by far right now. He can ask me anything except taking the blame for something I did not do, and pretend that I agree when I don't agree. Each time he asks me for my opinion, I will tell him what I think. And this in the last two months has meant for him hearing stuff such as: "this is a disaster", "this is a mess", "it's disgusting", "we're doing all the wrong things", "don't blame me later", "i'll obey your order, even though I know you'll regret it in three months". Dude, you ask me for my opinion, and I tell you big time. You don't ask me and I still warn you we're going the wrong way.

I want to see who wins this one. Me, weak employee who's right, or him, weak boss who's wrong. So far he's been driving me crazy like no one before. The real problem is that there is fixing only for people who reason, but being an idiot, he may never fix his own problem (stupidity). If he were a tiny bit smarter he would have done what he has done for the first 3 months: trusting me and letting me do things my way.

Last edited:
bait car

Interesting series of videos on this channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZxHZjueoWo

Peaceful non-violent police videos, with a lot of psychology into them. Very interesting.

This is so good that I wouldn't be surprised if these thieves were actors. After they get caught, they're all even interviewed on why they stole the car.

These guys below (second half of the video) are the most honest criminals so far: they get off their bikes and just "borrow" the car for the evening:

This is pretty funny - a black lady almost got arrested just for being black:

Another hilarious video, where an innocent barber, just because he's black, is arrested and filmed and then proven innocent. Then he has to thank them for being released and they don't even apologize but announce it as if it were some sort of gift to him...

Last edited:
links on dealing with incompetent boss

very much on target as far as I am concerned, since this is exactly my problem

Here's one of the few links that work (from that page, which is good):
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/10/01/0119_bad_bosses/index.htm

Here's my boss profile (one of the many problems):
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/10/01/0119_bad_bosses/27.htm

Don't Have Our Back
"We're all in this together." That is, until we hit the proverbial iceberg. Then you're the first to scurry into a life raft. No, you're not the one who'll admit an error or take responsibility. You'll roll over and sacrifice your scapegoat, as always. And that's why we avoid taking risks. When we do, we wonder if you'll support and shield us. Remember that the next time you're looking for someone to take charge.

One more good link (highlighting in red the parts that apply to my situation):
http://www.careerknowhow.com/guidance/incompetent.htm

As a mid-level employee, you’ve been working for the ACME Company, a manufacturing firm, for the past two years. Your job performance has been solid, and on occasion, even praiseworthy. However due to the current economic conditions – poor profit earnings, massive layoffs and company restructuring, you now find yourself working for a new boss. Ordinarily reporting to a new leader would not pose a real problem but this time it feels different -- management practices have changed. The team environment has been transformed from one of true collaboration, honest dialogue and a commitment to problem solving to one where backstabbing, finger pointing and plain fear are the norms. Congratulations – you are now under the control of an “incompetent” leader!

An “incompetent” leader by definition is someone whose action destroys camaraderie, instill gossip, encourage dishonesty, and prevent people from speaking freely. “Incompetent” leaders tend to use their own weapons to get noticed and promoted. They usually lack vision, interpersonal communication skills and confidence to resolve conflict.

You might think the term “incompetent” leaders should only be reserved for those in the company’s upper echelon such as the Chief Executive Officer of Chief Financial Offer.

After all, aren’t they the ones entrusted with setting the direction for the entire organization? While this may be true to a certain extent – CEOs do serve as the “compass” for the company, but many CEOs are not directly involved in the daily operations of their organizations. Those responsibilities fall on the shoulders of senior and middle managers. And, it is the “collective leadership” of those managers -- their style of execution, their effective ability to communicate, manage and motivate their teams that keep companies on course. If a leader lacks the competency to manage his or her team, then team morale diminishes, productivity and performance drops, and companies ultimately fail. What’s worst is the fact that today we live in a heavy Information Economy where bad news about a company spreads instantly thereby allowing competitors to profit from your company’s incompetent leadership.

In the quest to attain “better and cheaper staff,” one would think that organizations had all the advantages needed to rid their companies of every single under-performing employee – managers included. However, nothing could be farthest from the truth. Unfortunately in many cases, it is the good, high-performing, mid-level employees who first are shown the door, while ineffective managers – the ones who really need to take a hike – remain.

For whatever reason these foul apples may have been left behind; the fact that they are present causes a lot of problems either through their actions or sometimes through their inactions. The truth is that “incompetent leaders” have always existed and will continue to exist despite the best efforts from HR and other performance improvement initiatives to detect and remove them before bringing irreparable harm to an organization.

In my case, the "improvement initiative" (kaizen ACE team) has more idiots than anywhere else in the company.

So what can you do to protect yourself and survive working for an “incompetent” leader? Here are some quick tips:

Yes, I want to survive this incompetent boss, so let's hear it.

1. Do not make it a personal matter. This is a hard one, simply because working for an incompetent boss is such a personal matter. Remember, that most of these leaders do not have a problem directly with you, but they too are frustrated and are shouting loud their own insecurities -- most likely mirroring to you things that they should be doing.

SO TRUE IN MY CASE, AND I DID TAKE VERY PERSONALLY - I MUST FOLLOW THIS ADVICE

2. Observe Your Boss. It might sound funny, but notice what is going on around your boss. In case you’ve known or worked with your boss before and you observe a sudden change, then your next step should be to take action right away. The problem could be as simple as someone asking him something way out of his league, or someone talking to him about you and your team. Whatever the reason might be you need to act and confront your boss as soon as possible. If you do this at the beginning, you might be able to stop a snowball effect -- not only for you but also for the entire team. Confrontation does not come easy for most people, yet if you seek a constructive conversation, have an open mind, avoid turning it into a personal attack, you might be able to ease tensions with your boss and also improve his position.

I AM INCAPABLE OF TALKING TO IDIOTS, SO I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ADVICE

3. Accumulate Facts. Nothing is irrelevant if you work in an unhealthy environment. You need to make sure that you accumulate all the things that matter for your career -- the good as well as the bad stuff. Good things that you’ve done, bad things that have happened to you, and things that you could have done better. The key here is to have nothing against you, nothing that will give people permission to talk about you and question your character.

I AM BEYOND REPROACH

4. Know Your Value. You might feel beaten down, overworked, under appreciated and doubtless about your true value. Grow up! Things happen and your value does not diminish simply because one cannot see your true value. If you are a professional, do a good job, and the people that work with you will see a direct contribution to the team’s success. Then be sure that you have created your own evangelists – people who will tell others about your true value.

DON'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM

5. Expand Your Network. Now, more than ever, you need to think that working for a large company is not very different than working on your own. You need to learn to promote yourself. People need to know who you are, within your company and outside your company. Successful business owners never stop networking. There are so many things you can learn simply by networking. The key here is to find 2 or 3 networking initiatives that you feel comfortable doing and commit to them.

DON'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM - GET COMPLIMENTS FROM EVERYONE IN THE COMPANY

6. Seek For Comfort Outside Your Office. Many people often make this mistake. They work for an incompetent boss and they start complaining about her or him to a “good friend” who also works for the company. For whatever reason this might happen because you are seeking comfort or love. Sometimes you simply need a sounding board in order to release the pinned-up stress. Do it outside the office and avoid discussing your problems with others with whom you work.

I CAN'T LIE SO I WON'T FOLLOW THIS ADVICE AND KEEP SAYING THAT HE'S AN IDIOT TO MY COLLEAGUES

Times have changed and even though it might seem hard to work for someone that you know is not suitable for his or her position, remember things and people appear to us to teach something. The sad reality is most “incompetent” leaders do not get fired; they just move on and reinvent themselves in new companies. The chance that you will either work with the same leaders or someone like them again before your career ends is great. However if you manage to stay calm and think about the lessons you’ve learned and how to counteract incompetent behavior, you will have all the wisdom needed in order to become a better leader yourself in future jobs.

THIS SOUNDS RIGHT. BUT EVEN BETTER, IT WOULD BE TO NOT WORK AT ALL.

step by step, they're succeeding in subduing me

Just woke up after a crappy sleep of just 5 or 6 hours.

I have it all clear in my mind now.

What this whole kaizen ACE process team (sent from paris) in these last months has done to me is partly what my father had anticipated to me as their hidden agenda. They came saying their objective was to make us more efficient. Their hidden objectives were actually these two, as my father put it:

1) standardizing/harmonizing the whole bank and its procedures and in our case their italian branch (italian bank recently bought by the french)

2) subduing the newly acquired subsidiary and making sure we are obeying paris, the new boss

Whether intentionally or unintentionally (thanks to my boss' stupidity) here's what they've been doing to me, quite successfully:

1) first three months: get me used to participating in useless activities, so I can now do it with less rebellion than at the start.

2) this last month (first two weeks): get me used to obeying harmful orders (thus orders I disagree with), so I can now do it more quickly and with less resistance than I would have done otherwise.

3) starting in these last two weeks of the month: get me used to accepting unfair accusations, so I won't raise hell in case the boss or others accuse me of something I haven't done.

So basically the point they reached was teaching me obedience and submission, or at least that is what they achieved. Efficiency maybe was not as important, or maybe it was lost, as a side effect, due to the boss being an idiot. Or maybe by being an idiot he made their subjugation process even easier, by not opposing any resistance. Hard to believe at first, but now I am getting used to this interpretation, that is that the main purpose was not increased efficiency as they say, but subjugation.

Now I am reaching a point where I perceive their hidden agenda as this message: "obey or leave (or fight against us if you prefer)". I've rebelled for about 4 months, but now my body, after losing my temper 10 times in one month, cannot take this any longer. I need to stop caring about doing my job right, and start obeying whatever they feel I should do, regardless of the results.

My transformation from individualist and free thinker and critical mind into a Fantozzi-like obeying soldier-employee is now almost complete. Friday I left early because of the fourth unjust accusation by my idiot boss (probably he's getting back at me for speaking the truth about the damage he's doing to our office - but I spoke because he asked me for my opinion). Starting monday I will either have to accept such unfair accusations as well, or I will have to keep fighting and eventually succumb to the boss/bank or to a heart attack. Since I don't want that, I'll have to bow and say "yes, sir". That is, unless I manage to get him removed from his post - not something I can realistically count on (it's more likely that I get removed from mine).

So, at the end of this, there's been a great decrease in efficiency, but they will have managed to turn me into Fantozzi. Either that or I'll lose a lot of sleep in the coming months because of not accepting the situation.

And here's another clip that comes to my mind:

There you go, perfect. I am Matthew Modine, "private joker".

Last edited:
let's take a breather

Let's take a breather and smoke a cigarette or two. How ironic, that I smoke during my "breather".

After setting aside the office concerns for a while and working for about 30 minutes (with great focus on excel's cells, which causes great fatigue), I already need a breather. This office thing is exhausting me even when I am not there, as I keep thinking about it, all the time, since I can't find any satisfactory solutions. You see, if I turn into a stupid employee like all others, I will lose my self-respect, and yet if I don't, I will maybe lose my job.

I'll have to opt for the "stupid employee-soldier" drop down menu, hoping my boss will get removed from his position as soon as possible. I'll have to bow to those who are paying me (my boss and all those above him), which is something I don't like to do. But they're right, because they're paying me and they're not asking me for anything illegal - merely obedience. So in the end I will have to comply with their implicit and explicit requests. Because it's only logical and fair. It is NOT in their interest, but if they ask me to work like an idiot, and stop reasoning, and they don't listen to my warnings of worsening consequences, then... I have to obey. I have warned them long enough, and I am on the verge of insubordination.

Anyway, back to my systems. In the past week until now, I have added costs and verified all backtested trades for 21 of the new systems. I have 31 more to go. I hope to finish by today. Then there'll be many other steps before finishing automation.

Last edited:
copper worries me

I've been finishing the systems on copper just now and I realize that i need to subtract a spread of 3 ticks at least. This sucks big time, because it erodes a lot of the profits on many systems, also because each tick is 12.5 dollars. One thing is GBP's 3 ticks of spread at 6.25 dollar each, and another thing is 3 goddamn 12.5 dollars ticks of copper.

On top of it, along the years, volume doesn't seem to be getting better, unlike the other metals:
http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/metals/files/MT-003_SalesBrochure_FINAL_Singlepages.pdf

Snap1.jpg

It was interesting to add and test copper, but I kind of screwed myself with its 30 thousand daily contracts. No other symbol of the ones I trade is less liquid than copper, not even the swiss franc (40k daily contracts):
http://futuresource.quote.com/quote...artDensity=HIGH&userStudies=VOI(1,1)&x=51&y=0

fs2spon.png

And this dude is not going to get any better because they're probably trading it on the chinese futures markets.

This dude is worse than my idiot boss: the situation is only going to get worse and worse. The Chinese are screwing us and aren't trading where they're supposed to be trading, in Chicago that is. It's all part of the same conspiracy against me, to keep me from succeeding. First my father, then this idiot boss and now the chinese.

Here's my 16 friends, in a descending order of preference (which corresponds to yesterday's volume):

HTML:
ES	2,247,208
ZN	1,033,880
GBL	1,003,394
EUR	415,471
CL	378,579
NQ	257,419
GC	185,394
GBP	126,451
YM	121,204
CAD	105,299
AUD	103,093
JPY	77,742
NG	70,417
SI	67,371
CHF	54,409
HG	32,865

I've got 4 best friends: ES, ZN, GBL and EUR. Those guys have one tick of spread usually. The rest is > 1 and < 3. Then there's those evil ones, which are below 100k, and sometimes have as many as four ticks of spread - HG in particular.

Last edited:
Exhausted from sleep deprivation (due to worrying about work) but I have only 19 more systems for which I have to verify the back-tested trades and then one big chunk of the work will be done. I need to stop for today, because without enough sleep there's a higher risk of making mistakes.

I should get drunk and try to sleep. Or watch tv and try to sleep. The trouble is, if I fall asleep in here, the bitch will wake me up when she slams her door one of the twenty times she does it every day. I've never noticed anyone coming in and out of her apartment as often as she does. Then you also have to multiply everything twice because the dumb bitch keeps on forgetting something and she often comes back three minutes later to slam her door again (actually you have to multiply by 3, because first she comes home, slams her door, gets what she forgot, and then slams it again on the way out).

I wish this bitch a short life. She's about 25 and she's already bothered the world enough. She doesn't deserve to live any longer.

Last edited:
one more post about the office

I was in the bath tub and kept thinking about this ordeal and talking about it to my cousin. This morning I talked with my colleague about it (it's saturday today). I called an aunt, and an uncle and talked to them about it as well. I called my father, and talked to him as well about this. I wrote an sms about it to a former colleague, explaining I would not meet him tomorrow because I am insomniac because of this.... in short: "enough". Enough of this. Enough of this worrying. Enough of this losing my temper.

I've shot all my bullets at the boss and at the kaizen team, for months. No more bullets to shoot. They managed to survive, obviously. Friday I've done my banzai attack, leaving work after an hour, and hoping to die (get fired) for a good cause: working efficiently and saying the truth. I didn't get fired, and instead they called me at home and asked if I was feeling better. At this point, I have no more weapons, I am tired, and I quit my little personal war against wrong, inefficiency, lying, kissing up, dishonesty. I will change my attitude starting on Monday, to a false one, of a person who doesn't object to anything he hears. I have nothing more to say or do, no protests, and probably... if this is really my new attitude - I would be surprised but I hope so - I won't even get get mad anymore. This boss is an idiot, period. There's nothing I can do. My best strategy now is preserve my health, since I could not preserve my work from this boss and from this kaizen disaster.

I must say I've really lost my balance. Not that I ever was very balanced - you'll object. But one thing is to be negative (realist) and stay negative and relaxed. Another thing is to lose my temper like I did at work during this month. That's never happened before. The combination of kaizen team and idiot boss is an inflammable mix for my temper.

I wasn't critical in a calculated and moderate way. I was critical in an explosive way, and each time I was critical it coincided with losing my temper.

I was critical in a very unhealthy way, for myself and for others. On the other hand, when you do stuff like that, they can't really blame you for what you say, so maybe, deep inside, it was a calculated explosion, in order to be allowed to say whatever the hell I thought. You can't say "this is a disaster" unless you lose your temper, so maybe I subconsciously allowed myself to lose my temper in order to shoot all over these idiots. But now I can't do it anymore because it is exhausting and I got carried away and now I am out of control, like someone starting a fire as a game, and then losing control of it. But this is just speculation (being a speculator) and I might be wrong about my inferences.

However, right now I like to think that I am so in control, that, like the doors, I went to the daily meeting, with this attitude of... "come on, let's pick a fight, come on, you efficiency mother ****ers". They were looking for trouble when they came to me and expected that I'd let them tell me how to work efficiently.

You know that it would be untrue
You know that i would be a liar...
come on kaizen light my fire

But now I am tired, I am tired of being the last japanese soldier... defending my precious statistics and the rest of my work from the new incompetent boss and the kaizen clowns.

Last edited:
I feel bad

You know what?

I actually feel bad. All my rage is gone all of a sudden. Maybe it won't last, but right now I feel bad for "disrespecting" my weak and stupid boss in front of others. I took advantage of him. It may sound ridiculous but it's true: there can be such a thing as mistreating someone who's in a higher position. I insisted with saying all this crap against what is going on in our office only because he let me do so. If he had threatened me of disciplinary action, I would have stopped earlier. I just kept going because he and the kaizen guys let me do it. Either because I am right, or because they feel sorry for me for some reason, or whatever other reason.

There was nothing noble in my actions, even if I defied them and dared them to fire me. You know why? I got my back covered. I am not going to be homeless. My parents would help me without any problems.

In fact, the behaviour of those kissing up is just as good as mine. How generous you are in giving money to the poor is not measured by how much you give but by how much you desire the money you're giving. In the same way, my fight against stupidity and in defense of doing things right is only as valuable as the efforts it cost me: zero. It's my habit of saying what I think and I did. It was the easiest path for me.

In fact, putting up a fight for my ideals was like a luxury others cannot afford due to financial needs that I don't have. Whereas they fear getting fired, I do not. But not because I am willing to live in the streets - merely because someone else is going to provide for me. So you know what? Fighting for my ideas/ideals was like a guy who buys an expensive car and shows it off to the poor people (pretty much what everyone driving an expensive car is doing). I despise those guys, and, without even thinking about it I did the same exact thing (but I knew something didn't feel right, because it felt too easy being a "hero" - usually being a "hero" costs you something). I showed off my ideals to people who cannot afford to have ideals, because they need to eat. What a fool I was.

Like they say in Scarface, I must remind myself "don't get high on your own supply". If one day you think too much of yourself, something such as "glory", then it means you've got it all wrong and you're deceiving yourself.

Damn, I've really lost touch with reality. Yes, external factors have caused this. The boss, who's indeed an idiot, the kaizen team... there were causes, but the other colleagues didn't react like this. I am a madman.

I got high on myself, and... I've been so high on myself all these years that I thought the regular rules did not apply to me and I could do anything I wanted. This originality of mine has to stop somewhere. Being original isn't always a good thing, and being sincere often borders with disrespect for others and arrogance, like in this case, when I showed off ideals that others cannot afford to fight for, because they need to eat and worry about their job.

Now I am really in a rare moment of sanity. I hope I will stay like this for a while longer, especially when I am at work, and I hope my self-centeredness won't take over as usual. This state of mind could also allow me to sleep better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.