Reprise - Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Month_on_Month_Return_11_02.png

In spite the recent jump in volatility, causing me to exit some positions at a loss, Feb 2011 turned out to be my best month trading real money with this strategy.

Some posts in a similar thread in another forum. Feel free to respond in the other "Watch Howard." Contrary to rumors, I am interesting in learning. :smart:

I've lurked on here for a while. I've read the 2000 page thread OptionsCoach had, on credit spreads. That was quite a read.

Forget all the talk on negative expectancy, having 'no edge', the greeks, delta-neutral, gamma risk, risking $10 to make $1, horrible r/r... that '2008 was a horrible year for spreads' .... on and on.

How do you counter the RESULTS that these people were able to produce (as an example):

http://www.monthlycashthruoptions.com/ReturnOnInvestment.htm

Their results go back to 2006. They survived 2008. They've been net positive, year after year. Look at their trades.

Disclaimer: I'm not a member of their service... but you can't argue with their results, can you? There are other 'garbage' credit services out there... but not these people.

Howard may be an older man... and an easy target (I respect my elders)... but how do you argue with real results, real money, real risk management - from people who have actually traded credit spreads, successfully, in good and bad times?

First, we know that credit spread strategies can work, year after year, if managed well - just like any other strategies. Even in 2008. See my earlier post.

Second, I'm not so sure Howard is here necessarily to "sell himself" to others vs. more he's just sharing his trading approach. Just like OptionsCoach, Phil. And Phil actually had something to sell - a book. But I never got the drift that he was out hawking/praying on people. I don't think Howard is either.

Third... fine. Screw credit spreads. Let's hear ideas on how to generate the equivalent 3% to 5% per month, annualized. So instead of attacking Howard and his strategy - offer something else. Other ideas. So that all can see what the other possible alternatives are.

Dash, thanks for testing this for me. Even though you erased it, the notification still got through. You saved me the trouble of finding someone to do it.

It's time to close this one as well to save the mods the trouble of having to remove all the trash. Taking out the trash is my least favorite chore.

Dash, thanks for testing this for me. Even though you erased it, the notification still got through. You saved me the trouble of finding someone to do it.

It's time to close this one as well to save the mods the trouble of having to remove all the trash. Taking out the trash is my least favorite chore.

What on earth are you going on about, Howie?

If you are worried about the mods, maybe you should stop posting so much rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.