Mini Dow daytrading

Thanks for the info, that explains a lot of things.
I thought it was 5-6, more like a British lunch (a bag of chips in front of the PC)

look at a days volume on a 5min chart, is a U shape..high at the open drops off during the day when high again at close

Out at 8126 for +12. Not enthusiastic about the big spike and the trin pointing high. Better to wait for the 20:30 move

Not a bad day after all: 122 points in the bank in spite of plenty of connection problems.
But mostly I have learnt a lot of interesting things (including lunch habits) and met other nice traders.
See you all tomorrow, I have a game of pool with a friend at the pub

Not a bad day after all: 122 points in the bank in spite of plenty of connection problems.
But mostly I have learnt a lot of interesting things (including lunch habits) and met other nice traders.
See you all tomorrow, I have a game of pool with a friend at the pub

That's fantastic! Good lad.

Good stuff, vicl. Have you looked in at Tra**s L**orat**y chatroom... we need some YM people over there!

Thanks a lot guys.
It has been a fantastic day for me, not so much because I had decent trades, but because I got in contact with a lot of really nice people who can also give me great input and share each other experiences. I am sure we can help each other to get better in this game.
See you all tomorrow.

Finally, what a breath of fresh air this place is, after what I have seen at Elite trader, where everybody insults everybody.
Trading is a very lonely business and to have a chance to share experiences with nice people is a great privilege

wouldnt worry about pivots to much on the dow, they are more powerfull in forex than equities, good for a scalp tho
You raise a very good point here.
IMO in the forex market practically everybody uses 24 hours charts, so there is a strong consensus on the position of the pivots.
On the YM some people use 24 h, other market hours, with or without pre or post market, so there are just too many way of computing PP.
Still, when the market hours and 24 hours PP lie in the same position and there are not weekly or monthly pivots in the way, PP are for me the most powerful tool for anticipation market turnover points.
For example yesterday between 8100 and 8120 there was a bunch of pivot points within a few points, so I placed twice a limit order at that level and the market rebounced twice in that area

Good morning.
It doesn't look too exciting today:
- Probably slow day before the long we
- No real opening gap
- The pivot point are all over the place today, no real area of support at all
I don't think there will be much to do, but you never know...
Happy trading