Metatrader 4

Lenar,

Sorry, not very tech minded... After I download and view/compile in language editor, how do I then get it on to the chart?

Thanks

chrisw said:
Lenar,

Sorry, not very tech minded... After I download and view/compile in language editor, how do I then get it on to the chart?

Thanks

Chris,

When MQL4-program compiled (and if compilation is succesful) you can find launchable file in terminal. Open Navigator window in terminal and choose Expert Advisor (Custom Indicator or Scripts) section.

Also, please read the Help for MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal and MetaEditor. In both cases you should press F1 button, while coresponding application is started.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed every other chart and broker seem to be different to metatrader?

For the last 2 days it seems to have lagged behind every chart I've looked at and capitalspreads price and oandas price.

wasp said:
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed every other chart and broker seem to be different to metatrader?

For the last 2 days it seems to have lagged behind every chart I've looked at and capitalspreads price and oandas price.

Its normal situation, Wasp. It appers because of brokers are using different data feeds. I`d say more: even brokers who uses MetaTrader trading platforms (100 brokers and banks) has different data. Its wrong to say "MetaTrader has differences ...". Its better to say that quotes of one broker are looks different comparing to the quotes of another one.

I still cannot get the 'allminutes' to work Lenar.

I have compiled and loaded onto the chart yet its still no different, I still have the chart showing the weekend and consequently messing up my pivot indicator on Mondays.

I tried to register with your forum but still awaiting a reply. Should this 'allminutes' remove the weekend or can I alter the pivot indicator to skip the weekend somehow?

thanks

Importing indicators

Hi, I am new to MT4. Could somebody tell me how to import a ready built indicator (in meta language) into MT4 (demo). I can view it within Meta Editor but thats just about it.
Many thanks.

patchc said:
Hi, I am new to MT4. Could somebody tell me how to import a ready built indicator (in meta language) into MT4 (demo). I can view it within Meta Editor but thats just about it.
Many thanks.

Put file to /experts/indicators/ in core terminal`s directory. Open the file from MetaEditor, recompile it. After that it will appear in terminal`s Navigator - Custom Indicators window. Its ready to use.

Hi Lenar,

Is it possible to add timeframes other than 1M 5M 15M 30M 1H 4H etc .

I want to look at chart at 2H 3H timeframe, are there any Indicators or add-ins for using custom timeframes

Thanks.
Moris

neck ingold said:
Hi Lenar,

Is it possible to add timeframes other than 1M 5M 15M 30M 1H 4H etc .

I want to look at chart at 2H 3H timeframe, are there any Indicators or add-ins for using custom timeframes

Thanks.
Moris

Hi,

Yes its possible, but only through Scripts. Try to look for Period Converter script on MQL4.COM site (Code Base section).

Lenar,

Any way I can change which server a metatrader platform uses. One minute I get MIG-demo, the next it vanishes and it only offers Metatrader's. I'd actually prefer to use the Metatrader server but it won't offer it for some reason.

Cheers

chrisw said:
Lenar,

Any way I can change which server a metatrader platform uses. One minute I get MIG-demo, the next it vanishes and it only offers Metatrader's. I'd actually prefer to use the Metatrader server but it won't offer it for some reason.

Cheers

Chris,
If you know the IPs of other MetaTrader 4 brokers you can add them manually. To do this you have to:
1. open Tools - > Options in main menu.
2. select Servers tab
3. input desired IP to Server field
4. perform Open an Account command (it can be done from contextual menu of Navigator - Accounts window or from File main menu). You filling registration form and on the second screen you will see the IP-address you specified or the name of new server (if it was resolved). To open an account on a new server you have to choose it and press Next button.

Thats all. The only thing you need to know is the IP-address and Port (ussually its 443).

Does anyone know any other servers other than metaquotes and MIG for metatrader?

Metatrader mobile

I want to trade an Expert Advisor on the MT4 platform . As I cannot run my pc 24/7 I thought of using the mobile version of MT4. Unfortunately there is no facility to run an EA on this mobile paltform. Is there any way round this with the mobile platform or does any one know how I can trial an EA fulltime on a server or something like that

Hi Lenar, does MetaQuotes have any plans to market MetaTrader to stock and futures brokers ?

Does anyone know if you can log on to other servers, just using the ip addresses, or must you downloaded another instance of the .exe, and then install over your existing intallation?