Message For Ftse Traders......

bugg*r stoped out but still made 13 points didnt see that but traded my plan.

Sounds to me as if you didn't trade your plan 'Moving stop loss as close as i can'.... Is that written down in your rules? A trailing stop loss of 6 pips ?

I think if you don't have the confidence in the trade to leave it alone to work or not then you probably didn't have a good enough reason to enter or you put your target as 'wishful thinking' rather than the next upcoming support and resistance.

If you meant to make 20 pips but made 13 pips then thats a fail surely?

On another note; I'm absolutely kaining up this week and i'm not even suppose to be trading with exams coming up and everything! Because not 'trading' is making me more patient and only taking the best. Rofl.

Does anyone know how i can backtest a strategy i have developed on the FTSE100 ? (Except Igindex) And also what i could use to automate such a strategy?

x Halo x

I was talking to a mate of mine, who is head of desk, he expected the numbers to be good. I expected the market to pick up accordingly. Watching bloomberg, what is happening with the market actually coming off, is a classic trend

I've had a good week, and had a target to finish the week off. I bet half of my winnings..I normally stay out of the market at least a minute or two to see where its heading. An expensive lesson for me..

Sounds to me as if you didn't trade your plan 'Moving stop loss as close as i can'.... Is that written down in your rules? A trailing stop loss of 6 pips ?

I think if you don't have the confidence in the trade to leave it alone to work or not then you probably didn't have a good enough reason to enter or you put your target as 'wishful thinking' rather than the next upcoming support and resistance.

If you meant to make 20 pips but made 13 pips then thats a fail surely?

On another note; I'm absolutely kaining up this week and i'm not even suppose to be trading with exams coming up and everything! Because not 'trading' is making me more patient and only taking the best. Rofl.

Does anyone know how i can backtest a strategy i have developed on the FTSE100 ? (Except Igindex) And also what i could use to automate such a strategy?

x Halo x

I actually though we would see 4500 before the news, I moved the stop in close just prior to the news as I didn't want to risk exactly what has happened, could be worse, I could have gone long at 13:27 eh newward

I haven't been stopped out yet, I'm £70 down, with a stop loss of £125, I don't know whether to cut my losses now.

I am going to hold..worse case I lose the £125, and I learn my lesson. I spent over an hour on trader pedia on this site, looking to develop my technical analysis skills. I am planning to do a lot of reading over the weekend. I have to admit, I have been purely trading news this week, and done ok out of it.

So basically you went long because your mate thought it was going to up?

My mate once told me to jump off a diving board. I did, it was pretty fun.

get your point..I just wanted a considered opinion. I hadn't traded through a big figure like this. I know now that my appreciation of TA needs to be a lot better.

yup, down to - £22 , I was keeping an eye on the US open. Bloomberg was pointing towards a higher open for S&P futures, thus I was hoping the FTSE would rise, if the US mkt rose.

Last edited: