Message For Ftse Traders......

Wallstreet,

You are a genuinely good guy - offering your advice for nothing other than (hopefully) the gratitude of those who receive it, and always in a friendly and non patronising manner. Your personal success is also worthy of congratulation in an activity where so many lose big time. (y)

Anyone who is negative about your trading style/method etc is either jealous, or is just a tool. Either way, rise above it

That said, I wouldn't blame you for taking your bat home (don't want you to tho!)

cheers
Jim

I've been sitting short for so ling I feel like I'm hatching an egg. Anyone got any idea where the market is going? Have all the traders died or something?

All trades except one is in profit.........

I have just read a post that criticises my trading strategy and indirectly attacks me. I found it quiet upsetting and I am thinking about packing in all these posts. I work hard just to help the newbies and show people my method and perspective, the least one can do is at least show some respect and say thank you now and again.

What am I going to gain from putting all these live trades on here and helping people. I only do it to help the newbies....

I will not say who it was because one should never name and shame.

If I read another negative comment on here I will disappear.......

thank you people

My first post on this forum - Wallstreet - as a newbie I have greatly appreciated your posting and have learnt from you. I would be sorry for you to stop posting on this forum - don't take things to heart on internet forums.

Tball - I have a trend channel slanting down from the high of yesterday touching alot of peaks made today on the way down. The 3600 break that just occured did break the trend channel but it seems to be only temporary as the next peak has followed the channel. So in my opinion.. I think the market will be going down slowly today.. if anything I see a break downwards.. shorts would be good today i think. Obviously this is just my analysis I could and have been wrong before.

Edit - Ive also noticed that most of todays action from 8am onwards has been between the pivot line the 1st support line. I dont see the pivot line being broken I think the support line will get broken if anything gets broken.

Tball - I have a trend channel slanting down from the high of yesterday touching alot of peaks made today on the way down. The 3600 break that just occured did break the trend channel but it seems to be only temporary as the next peak has followed the channel. So in my opinion.. I think the market will be going down slowly today.. if anything I see a break downwards.. shorts would be good today i think. Obviously this is just my analysis I could and have been wrong before.

Edit - Ive also noticed that most of todays action from 8am onwards has been between the pivot line the 1st support line. I dont see the pivot line being broken I think the support line will get broken if anything gets broken.

Yeah, that was more or less my analysis, follows the trendline down. The Dax has a nice channel too. I'm just frustrated - 4 hours staring at a graph and I'm up 5p! :LOL:

quick question guys, from making a chart on the charting tool on IG, how do i get that on a word document? anyone know?

Is there a way to save it and import it? I need the graph to show the effects of short selling on Mar 19th on HBOS.

thanks

id just take a print screen and then edit that to cut away toolbars. There you go ..post picture into word document.

yeah might as well then. unless someone knows of a good place I can get graphs for certain shares for my dissertation? sorry to go off topic, dont want to start a new thread as its not to important really.

thanks

yeah might as well then. unless someone knows of a good place I can get graphs for certain shares for my dissertation? sorry to go off topic, dont want to start a new thread as its not to important really.

thanks

Yes I'd just take a screen capture. By far the easiest way.

thanks

For US stocks then stockcharts.com is a great free resource. Really customisable charts and you can right click and save them as a .jpg. Not sure if theres an equivalent for UK stocks though i'm afraid.

I think this may either be a test or breakthrough of the support line at 3533..

Looks like things just hit resistance: trendline and S2 in the s&p, support in dax and trendlione in ftse plus it's a bit oversold. I reckon a bounce then back down? The trend is a friend today

Just had to look up a 30 year chart to get the levels for the Dow!

We're at 1997 levels!?!!

It's the apocalypse!

I havent been on here for long but I can immediately recognise the genuine help that wallstreet gives to the newbies and everybody. So helpful and ready to share his knowledge.. and Im really thankful for that. Not only willing to share but teach as well. You are an immense example to others on this board and I usually lurk around on most forums but Ive been encouraged by your example to share anything I find as well and Ive began posting. I know its hurtful to be attacked unjustly, and I hope that all the kind words that people put forward will outweigh any vitriol that the jealous and ignorant may spout.

I really admire your technical analysis skills wallstreet. You were right on the money with your prediction with the ftse and in general. It did shoot up to 3600. Wow.. seriously in awe of how you do that, would definately like to learn.. So please please dont stop teaching.

thank you