Message For Ftse Traders......

Guys

was going to short at 3640 area when price broke through 20ema, but got frozen finger syndrome! any advice on overcoming this trader's curse?!

Guys

was going to short at 3640 area when price broke through 20ema, but got frozen finger syndrome! any advice on overcoming this trader's curse?!

i'm in the same situation, i have a good system but cant seem to follow it, i guess use a demo account until you are 100% confident that your system works.

I see the market as oversold, now. I've tried stop losses before. They usually get triggered, so I am closing my short trade.

i'm in the same situation, i have a good system but cant seem to follow it, i guess use a demo account until you are 100% confident that your system works.

I'm sorry to hear that. That is because you do not want to lose. Why not try smaller stakes? Or wait for a pullback. There wasn't one until 3630, this morning, but still, the probabilities were down with the average falling like that.

Split

Cheers mini

Have tried demo but my discipline is poor.....need some real cash(small amount) at stake to take it seriously. It's frustrating when you call it right but don't have the confidence to back up your judgement.

Important thing.. Stop blaming yourself because you missed the trade... There are loads of opportunits out there... Be glad that you did not lose money!

You`ll get Confidence with time!

Cheers mini

Have tried demo but my discipline is poor.....need some real cash(small amount) at stake to take it seriously. It's frustrating when you call it right but don't have the confidence to back up your judgement.

i dont even have to take any view or judgement, i just follow my systems buy and sell signals. if i had followed it today i would be up £1205 closed profit and a poss £2200 total. all this on 1 lot of FTSE future witha total of 4 lots in total posy size.

anyone who could help please PM me.

Cheers mini

Finspread does down to 0.50 per point and I see that there is a 75 pound offer, but you need to check out the small print.

I'm with them. They seem ok, to me, but I don't want to talk anyone into going with them because, like all of these companies, they get criticism from time to time.

Split

Thanks for the advice guys.....its a hurdle I will have to overcome if I want to succeeed at this game. Determined to get there and emulate some of you guys who are making £££'s consistently.

Anyone here trade 1-2-3 formations?? I think there's one forming on the FTSE at the mo. I have a short to trigger at 3575....

Finspread does down to 0.50 per point and I see that there is a 75 pound offer, but you need to check out the small print.

I'm with them. They seem ok, to me, but I don't want to talk anyone into going with them because, like all of these companies, they get criticism from time to time.

Split

Split

Thanks for the advice.....0.50 obviously gives you greater room for manouevre in terms of stops etc, so will look at it.

Split

Thanks for the advice.....0.50 obviously gives you greater room for manouevre in terms of stops etc, so will look at it.

Hi Bertie,
Just my tuppence worth but I def think using the 50p a point speadbet co's is a good idea. One thing I did notice with my own trading was that it sometimes led me to overtrade and break one of my cardinal rules of only taking the best set-ups.... Just worth bearing in mind IMO.
KJ