Message For Ftse Traders......

That's what I was trying to do! You have to go with probabilities. There's another one, now, that I am going to close on. My experience is that whipsaws start to happen from now, until the Dow opens.

Split,

Despite a good opening this morning, traded terribly just now doing exactly what I ticked you off for the other day.

Should have waited for things to settle, there are opportunities everywhere.

It's all in the mind - the other day when you were trying to catch tops I was calm thinking 'what the **** is he doing'. Today I got into a frantic space and did exactly the same thing, looking at it all now makes my stomach turn.

See the helmet now you've pointed it out. I see a lot now I'm out of the trade.

Most annoying is that the space of the main movement for the day I identified as being short between 4389.2 and 4341.5, first thing I posted to make sure I'd written it down. I was sure it would be down from that first level to the pivot eventually, and I was right but the false breakout threw me.

So if I'm sure the move is down, and I see the breakout is false, then why am I trying to chase longs in a falling trend heading down to the pivot where I have already stated my trading plan is based on its ending?

Down on the day now, down and out. My set up is only based on this morning and its shot now anyway, no idea whats coming and don't like the pm so I am off to clear my head.

Split,

Despite a good opening this morning, traded terribly just now doing exactly what I ticked you off for the other day.

Should have waited for things to settle, there are opportunities everywhere.

It's all in the mind - the other day when you were trying to catch tops I was calm thinking 'what the **** is he doing'. Today I got into a frantic space and did exactly the same thing, looking at it all now makes my stomach turn.

See the helmet now you've pointed it out. I see a lot now I'm out of the trade.

Most annoying is that the space of the main movement for the day I identified as being short between 4389.2 and 4341.5, first thing I posted to make sure I'd written it down. I was sure it would be down from that first level to the pivot eventually, and I was right but the false breakout threw me.

So if I'm sure the move is down, and I see the breakout is false, then why am I trying to chase longs in a falling trend heading down to the pivot where I have already stated my trading plan is based on its ending?

Down on the day now, down and out. My set up is only based on this morning and its shot now anyway, no idea whats coming and don't like the pm so I am off to clear my head.

Never mind, keep the stops tight and wait until next week.

Regards Split

Still long .... Tediously waiting for an exit signal - Been in it this for hours, currently 50 pips up and i was only aiming for 10 pips in 5-minutes and then to go the gym ....

But no. Here i am, pretending to revise and waiting for a signal.

Whats happened to this thread? Have you guys moved on to another or just given up onit?
Its a pity as I found it both entertaining & informative.
Matt

I often put 20 points on the trade but that is meant to be in case I get a crash, or other emergency.

Watching the screen, I get out much earlier, if I see that the trade is not going the way I like.

There is no hard and fast rule on this. I don't like it when I get to a 12 point loss. But my pain threshold may be different to yours.

Remember that your losses have to be regained, so figure out what your profitable trades give you. Your losses must be less or you are going to lose the whole account, over time.

Last edited:
Whats happened to this thread? Have you guys moved on to another or just given up onit?
Its a pity as I found it both entertaining & informative

Matt

Yes, we are all doing our own thing. I learned that I should be paying attention to my trading. It's surprising how things start to happen as soon as I come over here :)

is there a ftse traders chatroom anywhere... or shall i set 1 up? we can all sit n watch the ftse together :D

re: New FTSE Thread

Hi guys - Just to confirm are we sti using this thread, or shoud i subscribe to another as i am a fellow active trader on the FTSE.

Regards

is there a ftse traders chatroom anywhere... or shall i set 1 up? we can all sit n watch the ftse together :D

Hi,

I would be very interested being an active trader on the FTSE.

Please let me know.

Any guys trading the FTSE fancy starting a fresh thread ?

Live Calls (NO BLUE PETER TRADES PLEASE)

Live Trading

Charts

and of course some banter

A few of us had this going probably more than a year ago on the DAX. It really was good fun. All level of abilities welcome. All I would ask is that you post and don't lurk !

Anyone here trade the ftse with cfd, DMA ? Can I ask what broker if you do.
Cheers ...

Why would you require DMA, when other spreadbetting firm provide better value in terms of margin requirements and spreads that are very tight.