Message For Ftse Traders......

Hell no is this going up, in a non very short term intra day sense. Of course this morning may see a rise though, but for this week it is bearish IMO

I'll stick my oar in here guys and say the whole thing will be well under 3600 by end of week.. is it the heavily oversold factor that has people here expecting a bounce higher?

Except for me. I'm not convinced, yet.

it can only go one of three ways - up down or side ways if we all take one of these views, one of us will at least be right

Just a reminder guys.........

"TRADE WHAT YOU SEE, NOT WHAT YOU THINK "

i think I was guilty of that in the morning, support broken = short.........

But I went long........

I'll stick my oar in here guys and say the whole thing will be well under 3600 by end of week.. is it the heavily oversold factor that has people here expecting a bounce higher?

Aah, finally.............we all need a MrMiyagi to keep us in check!!

we all welcome you my friend......

Except for me. I'm not convinced, yet.

My long just got stopped at 3684 due to too tight a stop! arrgh! Still just piddling money so I'm treating it as a learning experience - better consideration of my stop wouldn't put it just 1 tick the other side of my support line - so long again 3690, stop 3675 target the stars and beyond (rolling stop)

If that stop goes then fair enough, my idea is wrong

My long just got stopped at 3684 due to too tight a stop! arrgh! Still just piddling money so I'm treating it as a learning experience - better consideration of my stop wouldn't put it just 1 tick the other side of my support line - so long again 3690, stop 3675 target the stars and beyond (rolling stop)

If that stop goes then fair enough, my idea is wrong

Stopped again - fair enough. The lesson there is: "the trend is your friend" support will hold if the trend is on your side but the dow and s&p are trending down, the ftse too and the dax. The trend overcame the support.

Lets reassess: the ftse could be a nice short now until the US opens as safely on the other side of my previous support lines. Ok lets short the 3685 stop 3695 - the other side of my now resistance lines. Rolling stop as I suspect we are going to test the Nov low. Bring it on! I'll reconsider this when the US opens.

I decided to take some profits here. Bought to Close 1108 for 3683.0

I think that I was too quick but the stops must be around here, somewhere.

Maybe not, but I'm out.

Back again

Hi guys,

Been 3 weeks since I last posted, had to take an enforced break because of a family bereavement. Look forward to getting back to trading and catching up with all - hope it is going well and you are all making nice pips.

Still long and will add more when this rises.
Beware of bear of traps ...(others ready for a crash)
Only one side of the market here for me, then I will be holding for a few days and have the account to take it.

are you still buying TomTom.........!!

you must have a big account!!

Looking messy, 3660 and 6930 Buying more to make averge postion 3680 and 6940 respectively.

Hi guys,

Been 3 weeks since I last posted, had to take an enforced break because of a family bereavement. Look forward to getting back to trading and catching up with all - hope it is going well and you are all making nice pips.

sorry to hear that my friend.......

my condolences go out to you .........

Stopped again - fair enough. The lesson there is: "the trend is your friend" support will hold if the trend is on your side but the dow and s&p are trending down, the ftse too and the dax. The trend overcame the support.

Lets reassess: the ftse could be a nice short now until the US opens as safely on the other side of my previous support lines. Ok lets short the 3685 stop 3695 - the other side of my now resistance lines. Rolling stop as I suspect we are going to test the Nov low. Bring it on! I'll reconsider this when the US opens.

bought the 3665 just before the Nov low. Flat, but short again at 3648