Mensa Test

I think you're confusing bad grammar with dyslexia.

People good at IQ tests often get confused about the true value of IQ tests. How can intelligence be measured when nobody knows what it actually is?

Einsteins' school report ended with the words, "This boy will never amount to much."

Humm... a bit like electiricity isn't it, no one is quite sure how it really works, but the main thing is that it works.

Like the eels at the bottom of the sea, u c ?

The electric eels do not quite understand why the congers do not generate electicity and the congers so not quite understand why the electrics do.

The fact of the matter is...some of them do and some of them don't..:LOL:

I figured out 27 in 25 mins but am truly stuck on the last 5. Have been working on them now for about 20 minutes with no ideas coming.

Most of them came to me straight away. Of the 27 I've got I only had to really work on 5 of them. However those 5 took me nearly 15 minutes themselves! They are kind of either easy or hard with no middle ground if you know what I mean.

Maybe if I sleep on it the other 5 will come to me in a dream! hahah

Cheers,
PKFFW

Just got a 28th one on my way home from getting take out chinese for dinner. Funny how things come to you when you stop thinking about them for a moment. Actually pretty annoyed I didn't get this one sooner. Guess it was buried pretty deep in my childhood memories for it to take so long to surface.

I just came back to it and immediately got one og the remaining 5. Thats now 28 correct in 45 minutes.

The excel document doesn't stipulate how lobng MENSA give for you to complete this test, which is a shame, as presumably there would be a time limit. Its a shame theres no indicative IQ reading related to the score also.

I'm stuck on 28,29,30 & 32.

Last edited:
RE: 14 & 17 - Not sure if you want a clue but think of - balls!;)
I figured they might have something to do with sports but just couldn't see the wood for the trees with regards to 14!!!!

Since 14 has to do with my favourite sport I have spent a good few minutes kicking my own a** for missing that for so long!

17 still eludes me but I'll get there I'm sure.

29 down and 3 to go

I just got 17.

I was on track for 17 ages ago but couldn't come up with the exact wording so thought I was on the wrong track and gave up on the idea. Very annoyed!

30 down.................2 to go

Its a really good test and really stretches the creatviity. I liked no.6 best!

I did notice my spelling error after i posted, but couldn't be bothreed to corretc it, as sometimse is the caes, as im sure most people can see waht i maent!

Many thnaks for pointnig it out thouhg!

I did notice my spelling error after i posted, but couldn't be bothreed to corretc it, as sometimse is the caes, as im sure most people can see waht i maent!

Many thnaks for pointnig it out thouhg!

JTrader,

You'll be pleased to know that Mensa uses two main tests to identify people's IQ scores, the Cattell III B and the Cattell Culture Fair III A. Scoring in the top 2% on either one will qualify you for membership. The Cattell Culture Fair III A test is good for dunces like you and me what arnt good at english.

JTrader,

You'll be pleased to know that Mensa uses two main tests to identify people's IQ scores, the Cattell III B and the Cattell Culture Fair III A. Scoring in the top 2% on either one will qualify you for membership. The Cattell Culture Fair III A test is good for dunces like you and me what arnt good at english.

I personally would not go along the road of sitting an official MENSA test, although i did consider it a few years back. It would be a bit pretentious for me IMO if i was to do that! although it would be interesting to have an official score, though what use it would be i don't know.

I personally would not go along the road of sitting an official MENSA test, although i did consider it a few years back. It would be a bit pretentious for me IMO if i was to do that! although it would be interesting to have an official score, though what use it would be i don't know.

Pretentious :eek: :eek: what an utterly bizarre way of putting it....It won't make you are better person not will it guarantee success in life. I suppose some people just need to know and are willing to put their ego on the line...Each to their own....

Pretentious :eek: :eek: what an utterly bizarre way of putting it....It won't make you are better person not will it guarantee success in life. I suppose some people just need to know and are willing to put their ego on the line...Each to their own....

RE pretentious - yes in terms of if a person was bragging about it - eg. a chat down the pub - don't you know i have a MENSA approved IQ of 154 you know.............this type of snobbery is something i wouldn't aspire to.

I would not be bragging if i knew my IQ and discussed it with others, but i have a hunch that the types of people who go along and sit these tests are generally the social climber types with a point to prove :LOL: :devilish: .

i have a hunch that the types of people who go along and sit these tests are generally the social climber types with a point to prove :LOL: :devilish: .

I'll leave Groucho to have the last word..:LOL:

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."

RE pretentious - yes in terms of if a person was bragging about it - eg. a chat down the pub - don't you know i have a MENSA approved IQ of 154 you know.............this type of snobbery is something i wouldn't aspire to.

I would not be bragging if i knew my IQ and discussed it with others, but i have a hunch that the types of people who go along and sit these tests are generally the social climber types with a point to prove :LOL: :devilish: .

It's exactly this type of prejudice and stereotyping that forces people into creating and joining elite societies...:rolleyes:

Tell me, exactly how many pubs have you walked into and found someone bragging about their IQ and or Mensa membership? I would be inclined to say it is exactly zero. I also know why :rolleyes:

It's exactly this type of prejudice and stereotyping that forces people into creating and joining elite societies...:rolleyes:

Oh dear!

I would have thought that people with such high intelligence would be able to fight their corner rather than running away from people that don't agree with them.

Secret societies with secret hand shakes exist for other reasons I suspect.

I'll leave Groucho to have the last word..:LOL:

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."

I contemplated the MENSA test many years ago, but bottled out of taking it.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are stupid, than open it and remove all doubt." - Anon.

Oh dear!

I would have thought that people with such high intelligence would be able to fight their corner rather than running away from people that don't agree with them.

Secret societies with secret hand shakes exist for other reasons I suspect.

Exactly, and I'm not surprised. Many people think they know a lot about many things...like trading ..Very few have the gift of actually knowing :LOL: :LOL: