Mensa Test

I think i need coffee, then again with a score of 13 I'm not sure I should be allowed near hot water :(

Mensa have a mental workout test on their website which will give you a score - www.mensa.com

I actually took their home test not too long ago - the puzzles in that test are much harder

yep - it cost ten or fifteen quid, and a couple of hours. The test consisted of two parts, the first paper was a written paper with maths and word based problems, the second paper was purely graphical or pattern based puzzles, the sort where you pick the odd picture or pattern out, or choose which ones are related or in which order etc.

Each paper was spilt into several sections of questions. you get so many minutes to do all the questions in each section, and the questions in each section get progressively harder towards the end, so you have to manage your time and not waste much on the real easy ones at the start of each section.

yep - it cost ten or fifteen quid, and a couple of hours. The test consisted of two parts, the first paper was a written paper with maths and word based problems, the second paper was purely graphical or pattern based puzzles, the sort where you pick the odd picture or pattern out, or choose which ones are related or in which order etc.

Each paper was spilt into several sections of questions. you get so many minutes to do all the questions in each section, and the questions in each section get progressively harder towards the end, so you have to manage your time and not waste much on the real easy ones at the start of each section.

Thanks for the info, but I was going to advise you in case you had not done it! :eek:

Good on you!

This may have done the rounds.

I got 23 correct in 28 minutes, and 25 correct in 34 minutes, without cheating/looking elsewhere for answers.
I always new i was a genius, but confirmation of this is good ;) .

Last edited:
I got 23 correct in 28 minutes, and 25 correct in 34 minutes, without cheating/looking elsewhere for answers.
I always new i was a genius, but confirmation of this is good ;) .

Ummmm...Just quietly....'new' should be spelt 'knew'....

:LOL:

Let's hope there is not another genius around to notice the error. I won't say anything ;)

Ummmm...Just quietly....'new' should be spelt 'knew'....

:LOL:

Let's hope there are no other genius' around to notice the error ;)

Good point :) !

I never said nothing about not being dyslexic though, like so many other genius' before me!

am now up to 27 correct in 44 minutes!

Last edited:
Good point :) !

I never said nothing about not being dyslexic though, like so many other genius' before me!

am now up to 27 correct in 44 minutes!

I think you're confusing bad grammar with dyslexia.

People good at IQ tests often get confused about the true value of IQ tests. How can intelligence be measured when nobody knows what it actually is?

Einsteins' school report ended with the words, "This boy will never amount to much."

I think you're confusing bad grammar with dyslexia.

People good at IQ tests often get confused about the true value of IQ tests. How can intelligence be measured when nobody knows what it actually is?

Einsteins' school report ended with the words, "This boy will never amount to much."

What does 'good at IQ tests' mean? IQ tests don't actually measure intelligence as an absolute figure. That's what most people cannot understand. An IQ test is meaningless if only given to 1 person.

"A representative sample of the population is tested using each test question. IQ tests are calibrated in such a way as to yield a normal distribution, or "bell curve"."