Mark Madoff

I'll tell you guys how it really went down.
Someone whos family was completely ripped off went to the Madoff residence dressed as a delivery person. Rang the door bell and when Mr.madoff opened the door, put a 44 Magnum to his head and told Madoff to send off a few emails for the next few hours and hang himself or his Seed would be wiped from the earth.

They reep what they sow.
Can do anything you want in this life...as long as your prepared to face the consequences.

They reep what they sow.
Can do anything you want in this life...as long as your prepared to face the consequences.

Suicide is hardly compensation for the victims... Very long prison term coupled with stripping of all assets - would have been my preferred choice.

Speaking of consequences I guess it boils down to two...

1. One is given $1bn but only get to live until 50 or

2. One works for living with no certainty of income but live 20 years longer?

Sadly, they get to make that choice and took other peoples choice away...

Last edited:
" The thing bout money bud, is it makes you do things you dont want to do "

(Lou Mannheim - Wall St 1987)

Interesting quote - and true.

The other side of the coin is - money enables you to do the things you want to do too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/04/business/04madoff.html?_r=1&hp

Senior executives at JPMorgan Chase expressed serious doubts about the legitimacy of Bernard L. Madoff’s investment business more than 18 months before his Ponzi scheme collapsed but continued to do business with him, according to internal bank documents made public in a lawsuit on Thursday.

On June 15, 2007, an evidently high-level risk management officer for Chase’s investment bank sent a lunchtime e-mail to colleagues to report that another bank executive “just told me that there is a well-known cloud over the head of Madoff and that his returns are speculated to be part of a Ponzi scheme.”

investing in scams can be very profitable
just make sure you're one of the ones getting paid :cool:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/04/business/04madoff.html?_r=1&hp

investing in scams can be very profitable
just make sure you're one of the ones getting paid :cool:

:LOL:

It says something though doesn't it, that such was the state of the financial world at the time, that externally, all those so-called respectable businesses were indistinguishable from the one operating the Ponzi scheme. The really weird thing (to me) is that (from the book I read), in parallel with the Ponzi scheme, he was running a perfectly honest, profitable if unexciting, business alongside.