Mark Madoff

Yeah well you and Atilla usually sound like you are paid up members of the communist party that resent pretty much everyone who you percieve to have more money or opportunities than you.

The poor bloke committed suicide, and left behind him a family. It's a tragedy, not an oppportunity to get on your f*****g soap box, a$$hole.

You been drinking again son..? Bless..

Yeah well you and Atilla usually sound like you are paid up members of the communist party that resent pretty much everyone who you percieve to have more money or opportunities than you.

The poor bloke committed suicide, and left behind him a family. It's a tragedy, not an oppportunity to get on your f*****g soap box, a$$hole.

I am not a communist or a capitalist.

Don't pigeon hole people MrGecko...

Your silly snipe tells me you lack free thinking, thought ability and prefer to categorise people in terms of your familiar frames. You lack depth and understanding imho.

People who harp back about the communist party do not realise in the last twenty years the world has moved on. Get a grip!

I suppose the students protests to you are also a revolution. I support them by the way... Along with good many academics with a social conscience. :smart:

As for suicide - key name in the field is Emile Durkheim. This man's statistical studies still stands the test of time.

Sure it is a tragedy... :LOL:

That should go in the joke section... Madoff son suicide a tragedy... There must be tens of thousands of people dancing round that ol xmas tree. :clap:

That should go in the joke section... Madoff son suicide a tragedy... There must be tens of thousands of people dancing round that ol xmas tree. :clap:

You know, I know it's only the internet and everything, but I find your posts and the message therein so bloodcurdlingly repulsive I'm actually angry. In real life I am angry with you for this post.

The man was a Father, Husband, and a Son to real people. If you can't accept that there is an element of sadness in the end he brought upon his life then... well I wouldn't want to be you.

Blimey...:eek: speechless...

You know, I know it's only the internet and everything, but I find your posts and the message therein so bloodcurdlingly repulsive I'm actually angry. In real life I am angry with you for this post.

The man was a Father, Husband, and a Son to real people. If you can't accept that there is an element of sadness in the end he brought upon his life then... well I wouldn't want to be you.

Mate, you can take the high ground and forgive him it is your choice. What is their that is blood curldling? You are getting carried away. The guy committed suicide ffs. He didn't want to face questions or justice. Blood curdling??? Get a grip.

You are irrational - biggot comes to mind. You obviously know best. I know this is the internet and everything but mine is an opinion and the other side is real theft.

Now imagine if someone burgled your house and took your posessions. You would be really upset and angry with that person who stole your valuables. Let's say they got away with - I don't know, £1,500 or £15,000 worth of assets.

Now let's assume that same burgler who did your house over also did your neighbours house as well as good many houses over in your back yard.

Now let's imagine that in fact it wasn't just 10, 20 or even 200 houses this guy did over, in fact he did literally tens of thousands. He basically took what does not belong to him. He stole. Now if you seriously believe he did this all on his own well you may well do being the irrational Mr Angry that you are.

Mr Angry - I would like you to imagine the pain and suffering this robber of other peoples assets has inflicted on those people. Imagine it was you.

Now this guy and his family - he is not short of any IQs. He is quite able to work and earn his dough but he chooses to steal. Moreover, he doesn't need the money - this burgler or robber can only buy so much drug and booze before he decks himself but he continues to steal over good many years.

Don't get me wrong - if someone is hard up and needs to feed their family and children I would only happily forgive.

But to give his son $60m dollars in one year to spend is what gets me really angry. This smart well educated son claims he doesn't know or does not want to know where his daddy gets his lolly from.

Mine is just an opinion that has no impact on other people. Yet you get soooo angry with my perspective.

Yet when I get angry about someone who realy did have a $50 bn dollar effect on the lives of tens of 000s of other people - you get angry with me and question my morality. :-0

Why don't you open up a fund and donate to his family if you are really angry and do some good.

Otherwise - sod off!

Did it ever occur to you that Madoff Jnr. might not have known how his father actually earned the money his Father gave him? Is it totally inconceivable that Madoff Snr. was not entirely accurate with his sons? He managed to fool not only everyone else in his firm, but the rest of Wall Street after all...

You, Sir, come across as a most unpleasant person indeed.

Yes Madoff swindled money from many, many people; and I'm sure that had a large impact on their lives. But a father has just hung him self with his 2 year old son in the next room... Now a innocent 2 year old boy is without a father. And the best thing you can think to write is ''There must be tens of thousands of people dancing round that ol xmas tree.''

Get a grip.

To take it further, do any of Madoffs victims deserve any more sympathy than any of the victims of the the real ponzi scheme ie market / property / economic collapse or capitalism as its more commonly known.

A man hung himself leaving a young child alone in the next room ffs. No need for gloating on the internet.

For all those who believe this was a one man band.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madoff said he acted alone. The investigation proved otherwise. Among his accomplices — admitted and alleged:

Frank DiPascali Jr.
When he pleaded guilty last August to 10 charges, including conspiracy, Frank DiPascali Jr., Madoff’s right-hand man/chief financial officer, said he’d “ended up being loyal to a terrible, terrible fault.” He began working for Madoff after graduating high school, and had participated in the scheme for some 20 years. DiPascali, 53, hasn't been sentenced yet, but could face a maximum sentence of 125 years in prison. Federal prosecutors have said they're likely to recommend leniency, however, because of the extent of his cooperation. He was in jail until last month, when a judge granted bail.

David Friehling (above)
Madoff's longtime outside accountant and the firm's supposed auditor, David Friehling, pleaded guilty to several charges, including securities fraud, last November. But he also said, “At no time was I aware that Mr. Madoff was engaged in a Ponzi scheme.” He is awaiting sentencing, and could face as much as 114 years.

Daniel Bonventre
Madoff’s director of operations was charged just two weeks ago. According to the SEC complaint, Bonventre, who worked for Madoff for at least three decades, “enabled and helped perpetuate the now infamous fraud” by falsifying accounting records for years.

------------------------------------------------------------

Madoff's money had to come from somewhere. Enter feeder funds. Among the money managers turned defendants:

J. Ezra Merkin (left)
Last April, New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo filed a civil lawsuit against J. Ezra Merkin, alleging that the money manager (who had a reputation as a philanthropist) had swindled his fee-paying clients, deceitfully channeling their money to Madoff. Investors—which included nonprofits—lost more than a billion dollars as a result. Merkin's request that the lawsuit be dismissed was denied by a New York judge in February.

Walter Noel/Fairfield Greenwich Group
Walter Noel's Fairfield Greenwich Group (FGG) was the largest feeder fund investing with Madoff, sending billions of clients' dollars his way. It's been hit with several lawsuits. In April, Massachusetts securities regulators brought civil fraud charges against FGG. They settled in September, neither admitting nor denying the charges but agreeing to pay some $8 million to various Massachusetts investors.

Sonja Kohn/Bank Medici
Madoff-related losses were not restricted to the U.S. The month after Madoff's arrest, the Austrian government assumed control of Bank Medici. It was sued, along with the bank's chair Sonja Kohn, by Repex Ventures SA, a company in the British Virgin Islands, which alleged investors were not made aware of the channeling of funds to Madoff. The company has given up its banking license and changed its name to 20.20 Medici AG. Kohn, who is under investigation, has said she is nothing more than a victim in the Madoff scandal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe the SEC have a case to answer :LOL:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 2005, Harry Markopolos sent a memo to the Securities and Exchange Commission titled, "The World's Largest Hedge Fund Is a Fraud."

The SEC didn't listen.

It seems Markopolos was onto Bernie Madoff's case much earlier than most. He says he discovered that Madoff was a fraudster in 2000, after just five minutes of looking into his records. In late 1999, Markopolos' boss at the investment firm he worked for asked him to analyze the Madoff fund to see how they might replicate its stunning returns. But, of course, Markopolos soon discovered that his firm could not replicate the fund's performance, no one could — at least not legally. He first notified the SEC in May 2000. "I didn't even get a thank you," Markopolos told The Daily Show's Jon Stewart on March 8, 2010. But the SEC's dismissal of his claims did not stop him from his pursuit. Markopolos eventually quit his job, hired a team to track Madoff across two continents and continued to send notifications to the SEC for a total of eight-and-a-half years. Notices that he said kept getting more serious and more dire as the years progressed. "I'm so angry, I can't tell you how angry I am," he told Stewart.

Markopolos further expresses his anger in a book called No One Would Listen: A True Financial Thriller released earlier this month. He is currently on a book tour.

Do Madoff's victims deserve any more sympathy than those of Wasp or Dicko-from-Frinton?

(I am not saying they don't, by the way)

From what I have read on the subject, a lot of funds invested heavily in the Madoff fund. So - some people lost money by virtue of fund managers handing it to Madoff.

So - I think a lot of the people that lost money do deserve sympathy.

Yes Madoff swindled money from many, many people; and I'm sure that had a large impact on their lives. But a father has just hung him self with his 2 year old son in the next room... Now a innocent 2 year old boy is without a father. And the best thing you can think to write is ''There must be tens of thousands of people dancing round that ol xmas tree.''

Get a grip.

And you guys should get some proportion and perspective instead of romanticising about the plight of a two year old which I'm pretty certain will be well looked after. (I do see he is the only innocent member and wished him well - read my first post).

This isn't exactly slum-dog millionaire now is it?

The big granny and mummy have no doubt already squirrelled $millions and I'm sure there are good many who were on the take - who will look after the 'Madoffs' - name change or no name change.

Of all the millions of people suffering you start beating your sympathy drum about a family of thieves who've made a career out of stealing other peoples assets.

Name calling others for simply their harmless opinion. :-0

Why don't you get a cap and go round collecting donations from the people he stole from see whether they can give you some consolation re:your anger management?

I'm becoming increasingly curious of all the issues ever discussed you have taken this case of a two year old so much too heart? Baby P had the same effect on me.

Atilla - you are quite obviously clueless when it comes to children.

It's hard enough work when you are there preventing your kids from choking on things, getting stuff wrapped around their necks, sticking their fingers in electrical sockets, biting live cables etc. etc.

He put the child in peril - regardless of whether the child will be rich or not in the future - there is simply no need for this.

$50bn is one heck of a lot of misery to great many 000s of people from whom that money was stolen from.

They lived in the lap of luxery whilst millions struggle on a daily basis all over the US.

Did they deserve it?

I would ask the question what have they done to deserve anything they got?

I like to think I'm a compassionate - for some people I make exceptions for.

I wish the best only for the two year old and hope he grows to be a better normal human being.

Calm down, most of the money he stole was off stupid rich *******s anyway, and from what I saw, their main problem was that he stole off his fellow Jews.

Who cares? Far worse things going on in the world that this coward topping himself... kid never got hurt and is probably better off now.

Also worse things than Madoff taking money off some rich people. Theft is theft yes but I doubt any of them are signing on now.

And you guys should get some proportion and perspective instead of romanticising about the plight of a two year old which I'm pretty certain will be well looked after. (I do see he is the only innocent member and wished him well - read my first post).

This isn't exactly slum-dog millionaire now is it?

The big granny and mummy have no doubt already squirrelled $millions and I'm sure there are good many who were on the take - who will look after the 'Madoffs' - name change or no name change.

Of all the millions of people suffering you start beating your sympathy drum about a family of thieves who've made a career out of stealing other peoples assets.

All the above is in relation to money. The poor boy does not have a father any more.

Name calling others for simply their harmless opinion. :-0

Why don't you get a cap and go round collecting donations from the people he stole from see whether they can give you some consolation re:your anger management?

I'm becoming increasingly curious of all the issues ever discussed you have taken this case of a two year old so much too heart? Baby P had the same effect on me.

This is my last mention on the subject as you are clearly an unreasonable and unplesant person.