Making £8k a month on the FTSE

Ah didn't get to to trade today or tomorrow either because i'm at work. Lucky me!

Today would've been another nice trading day for me.

MrP

With IG Index or Capital Spreads, let's say at 8am are you able to execute a spreadbet immediately at 8am on the dot. With ODL Esp this morning which annoyed me I was still getting quotes and was unable to buy or sell at the click of a button!

Before I go to work if there's a signal between 8 and 8.30 I'll spread bet.

Which company do you use mainly?

why do you use both and not one?

EDIT: another question... Looking at your strategy and the market your looking at if you increased your trade profit target and stop loss to 20 points do you feel you would make more profits, stay the same or make more losses?

Last edited:
why do you use both and not one?

EDIT: another question... Looking at your strategy and the market your looking at if you increased your trade profit target and stop loss to 20 points do you feel you would make more profits, stay the same or make more losses?

Spread the money around try stay under their radar. I use many more aswell

1000 point months!

Hey i 'm interested whats your secret ..... fancy telling me more!
Well done anyway!
Hi

Im new to this forum T2W but read with great interest the different threads. I have been in trading a while and have developed a very simple system thats producing on average 400 points a month but I have had 1000 point months. It often produces much more than this but I believe its quite good. How does everyone else do on trading. I do have some loosing days but they are few and far between. It has made me very well off but the system is really easy for beginners. I dont come from a trading background but enjoy it now immensly. I trade on the FTSE but this system seems to work on many of the indices and commodities i have tried.
Regards

mrptraderman

Lol He's told enough already if you read the thread if you haven't already.

Anyway MrP

started to use IG index and it's fantastic! Much more precise and accurate. Very easy to use and loads more markets and information available.

Great vchohan

I didnt update the friday result but it was 65 points profit and today was a stormer at 104 points. I am glad to see some are trying it i believe killphil8 had some success good. nite all my blonde beauty awaits

Especially for vchohan and for those that need a bit more data and to check results against ftse graph if it helps i will give fridays log but i cant keep doing this
Signal time Result Points made
8.20 Loss -15
8.30 Win +42
9.30 Win +18
11.00 Loss -15
11.10 Win +31
13.05 Loss -15
14.50 Win +12
16.30 Win +12

I believe it equals 65

Hi MRP,

Is your method automated or do you manually wait for potential set-ups?

As a matter of interest MrPTraderman, what is your average trade duration in minutes and what would you consider to be a long ( in terms of time ) trade ?

Mr Ptraderman,
You seem to have hit on a similar idea to R C Allen's commodities trading system (from the 70s). He used 4, 9 and 18 MA buit on a daily basis not 1 minute. He was very successful with it. I used it with good results on soybeans sometimes, but as it was on a daily the stop losses required were rough on a small account. (example attached)

Attachments

• legend[1].gif
    legend[1].gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 382
Do you use a trailing stop loss to lock in profits? If so do you do it manually or does IG Index have this facility as I can't seem to find it.

I'm using my own strategy at the moment which makes less trades in the day but fewer losses.

Viks

Great vchohan

I didnt update the friday result but it was 65 points profit and today was a stormer at 104 points. I am glad to see some are trying it i believe killphil8 had some success good. nite all my blonde beauty awaits
Nice result MrP, Keep it up and dont scare the spreadbetting companies away :)....

All

i will try answer all questions asked in one post. I wait for signals myself its not automated but i know it could be programmed to give signals actually. Average trade duration normally is about 5 to 7 minutes but can be long as 1 hr on rare occassions and also 1 minute to 3 minutes is quite common.
I utilise a trailing stop for extra profits. You wont be given it as an automatic selection you need to go into your profile somewhere and you must set it to display trailing stops. If you put in trailing stop into the igindex help it tells you how to do it. I use it very effectively to gain extra points. Hope i have answered each point.

I can't find the trailing stop loss anywhere. It's bugging me now. In the help it says it has it but is nowhere to be seen. Is this because i'm on limited risk account? Where is it usually?

The trailing stop on IG is not available on everything. It cetainly is on currencies and can only be set once you have a position open. Just edit an open position and you should see it. Oh yes you have to switch it on under preferences.

MrPTrader

Have just come across this thread and say goog luck to you. Is there any chance of posting one or two charts just so that we can get a visual on when you take an entry?

bets wishes,

berti

Bertie
Go to last Friday's trading day. Set the chart to show what MrP said his MA's were early with the time frame he says he uses(Page 7 on this thread). Then check where is entry points were from top of page 17 on this thread. That's where he takes entry. hope it helps.

Ljr thanks for the help but I don't have anything under preference that will allow me to switch on the trailing stop loss. I have: Help, Falshes, Mutiple Deal Tickets and Session Inactivity. That's all there is. Am I missing something or what?

Viks

Bertie

Ljr thanks for the help but I don't have anything under preference that will allow me to switch on the trailing stop loss. I have: Help, Falshes, Mutiple Deal Tickets and Session Inactivity. That's all there is. Am I missing something or what?

Viks

Not sure then. The options you mention are below the Trailing setting on mine. Best to get hold of IG and ask them. Sorry

IG.JPG