Making £8k a month on the FTSE

its difficult to explain it in words as even though signals simple, rules and how i detect it is not but i will give the bones for signals. I use 12, 14 and 25 averages as line graphs they are called ma on the ig and capital graph. Where 12 and 14 cross trade shows. 25 gives prevailing direction but use directional indicator aswell to confirm. So examples. e.g take yesterday 8.33 12 14 crossed direction went red to green 25 on way up but direction showed green bit hesitant waited till next bar direction bigger green so trade. FTSE went up 40 points. Next example 13.30 12 and 14 crossed direction hit roof green buy ftse went up 35 points.Next example 14.57 12 and 14 crossed direction significantly red sell. Ftse went down 25 points if you held your nerve with 15 point trailing stop it went down about 75 points minus 15 trailing loss is 60 points. And theres lots more but even if i took these three big directional signals only i would have made plenty. Now my system is far more refined than this with my rules etc and gives me lots more winning trades but this is my knowledge and want to refine it before sending it out to the rest of the world. So now you have it.

Hi mr ptraderman,
I've been watching this thread develop from the sidelines, with interest, I've read the description you gave above and tried looking at the set up on a 1 minute FTSE chart. The 12/14 MA are so close to each other, I;m not sure if I have understood properly. When you have a moment, could you post a screenprint of a chart where you have taken a trade so we can see how your charts look?
Do you use the 25ma as a target or stop loss or directional indicator?

Many thanks

what you should do MR TRADERMAN is post all your live trades on the website it only takes a few seconds to type them in..........that way, all those jealous people who keep asking you questions will remain silent!!

that's what i do anyway, let people judge you on your results and not the formulation of your trading system.......

here are the trades i have been doing today, check the links ...made a very nice healthy profit today!!

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/us-indices/51426-scapling-calls-indices-forex-20.html

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/uk-indices/48390-message-ftse-traders-117.html

why do i take the time to post my live trades?

1. I get to talk to new people and make friends who trade like similar to me
2. you can cross reference your trades with others to see where you are making mistakes and constantly learn from other people
3. its great fun, and it makes you think twice and be disciplined with your trades as you are publicly posting your trades leaving you vulnerable to scrutiny...which is good!!

what is your outlook for the FTSE on Monday according to your system?

Stupid question.

Trading systems are not crystal balls and do not seek to predict.

They are reactive to price action.

what you should do MR TRADERMAN is post all your live trades on the website it only takes a few seconds to type them in..........that way, all those jealous people who keep asking you questions will remain silent!!

that's what i do anyway, let people judge you on your results and not the formulation of your trading system.......

here are the trades i have been doing today, check the links ...made a very nice healthy profit today!!

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/us-indices/51426-scapling-calls-indices-forex-20.html

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/uk-indices/48390-message-ftse-traders-117.html

mrtrader

Don't post your trades online.

faggots who are jealous (although i dont see any) will remain faggots.
As you seem to be on a good track, Dont go out of your way because of this forum or anything.
Concentrate on making that god damn munnay, then do something good.

When i make good returns from my trading - i do something usefull. (That usualy means not sitting my a.ss on the forum all day)

PS.

When some people have asked you ''which way do u think xyz is going'' - and u have replied ''i dont know, i dont need to know, and every new situaution is unique'' - thats excellent

Im not gonna say much more - a forum is a forum. Usually out of 1 million traders, 50,000 are consistant. 10,000 are very cosistantly succesful- 5000 or say have the mentaliy u have described. Read some books (trading in the zone, mark douglas)

Last edited:
you do sound a bit angry there richi rich......It sounds like you are having a bad trading day and have decided to take it out on me??!!

I don't understand what i have done to make you angry!! If you are having a bad trading day then i am here to help you if you need a shoulder to cry on or want to take your anger out on some one...I will just be patient and listen !!

i will leave this thread as I don't believe in aggression or confrontation.....and i encourage the moderator of this forum to delete your abusive language, you should abide by the rules my friend!!

I come in peace and i will leave you in peace Mr Richi Rich, i don't know what i have done to make you angry.........

" That usualy means not sitting my a.ss on the forum all day",
I work from home hence the time available to post and meet like minded people, thats why this forum was created...duhh!! just to elaborate and clarify your abusive and ignorant remark!!

you have to be the first ignoramus i have met on this forum and i hope its the last........peace!!

Last edited:
hu said im angry?

chill bill
unfortunate tho it may be, some abusive langaue is engrained in my normal speach. usually add a couple F's here n there. It could take a long time to overcome this seemingly natural occurance.
If i was angry ud know.

good luck to you Mr Trader.......

i am always happy when i see people beating the markets and i hope your success continues......

i will now leave this thread ...

take care

mrtrader

Don't post your trades online.

faggots who are jealous (although i dont see any) will remain faggots.
As you seem to be on a good track, Dont go out of your way because of this forum or anything.
Concentrate on making that god damn munnay, then do something good.

When i make good returns from my trading - i do something usefull. (That usualy means not sitting my a.ss on the forum all day)

PS.

When some people have asked you ''which way do u think xyz is going'' - and u have replied ''i dont know, i dont need to know, and every new situaution is unique'' - thats excellent

Im not gonna say much more - a forum is a forum. Usually out of 1 million traders, 50,000 are consistant. 10,000 are very cosistantly succesful- 5000 or say have the mentaliy u have described. Read some books (trading in the zone, mark douglas)
What you on about... Wheres that come from???

He's just saying while scalping calls are regular & hard to make, so if you want to make it, time should not be spent on forums :).

WOW there everyone

lets calm down. I didnt know this was going on. I normally dont look at this till the evening as im trading. But there is a nice long buy signal at 3 and im still in it so just quickly popped in to see what the latest was and got a surprise. Im not going to post any trades as i dont have the time. i would like to use the forum for advice , give information and see how my fellow traders are doing. Everyone has different ways of trading with their own methods.i have come across mine which seems to be working well. Whre i can give info i will but my day is my own to do what i want the evening to enjoy a little time talking to all of you.

I got out abit late, but the SnP screwed my last move up... so revenge time for the Snp lol...

Stopped out at 4075. yay.

This system is quite good for later in the day. I'm guessing it works best just at the start of trend though.